Urban Meyer stepping down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
    My roommate and I are just sitting here talking about why in the **** would stoops leave?

Like i dont get things like this. He has been at OU for what? 10 years? He is one of the most successful coaches in the country at one of the most prestigious jobs in the country. He has built the program how he wants it, it has a great rep....why would he leave to start over?
    Except for his BCS bowl record he is a good coach...

Comment

• It's Will Muschamp!

Comment

• ******* Florida gets Muschamp. lolzz I hope they go 3-9 next year!
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Wooooooooooooooooooooow.........

This is completely out of left field. Muschamp had the Texas job coming to him in a couple years at worst. This doesn't make any sense.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I just saw on ESPN while watching the Trophy deal.It is Muchamp . So what does this do for FLorida and its spread offense ?

Comment

• well that's disappointing...

Comment

• Yikes Florida. You're a premier coaching spot and you give it to someone with no head coaching experience at all?

I guess it worked for Jimbo Fisher.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• this is one of the best assistants in the country, along with a guy who is real young...... hes going to be very appealing to play for in terms of recruits wanting to play at florida. i think its a great hire and im a huge florida fan. the spread might go but that defense will always be pretty good...

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• it makes plenty of sense for muschamp. he hasnt left for other jobs...... so why would he leave texas for florida? the allure of being a top coach in the SEC..... just as good fertile grounds for recruiting, and its right there with texas as a top job in the country.

Comment

• So, i just died a little more inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                        this is one of the best assistants in the country, along with a guy who is real young...... hes going to be very appealing to play for in terms of recruits wanting to play at florida. i think its a great hire and im a huge florida fan. the spread might go but that defense will always be pretty good...
                        I could live with the spread leaving.IMO we need to re amp the offensive and try to get more passing ypg .Also not to let the NFL rip on our QB s any more.I think if Tebow did well in a pro style he would have been a top ten pick.So things are looking up .

Comment

• also key factors in this hiring is that muschamp does have a little NFL background, along with SEC roots. those, combined with him being young and fiery, along with being a great recruiter, make him a very good choice for UF

Comment

• i'm sick of the spread anyhow. the more top tier teams that ditch the read option the better. there's reason the pro teams run a pro style offense, and it's so much more fun to watch anyhow. i think muschamp will do well in florida, it's not like he's not gonna have a ton of awesome recruits in his backyard or anything.

Comment

• Texas should fire Mack Brown and hire Gary Patterson. Like, now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• This is a risky hire. He has no head coaching experience. He obviously will be a good recruiter and should field a good D. Dan Mullen would have been the home run hire.

Pro style bores the living hell out of me but that is neither here nor there. I can't understand how anyone can find i form run, i form run, pass more exciting than malzahns or Kelly's offenses. Anyway look at Texas for what happens when teams suddenly switch back to power running. Having a running QB can mask alot of problems and leads to more wins..everything else being equal.

I do quite like BSU's pro style offense. It is sophisticated but learnable for college kids. Here is a great article on it.

http://smartfootball.com/page/2

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information