Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urban Meyer stepping down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    It's not a big loss. He's an overrated coach. With the right QB (Tebow and Alex Smith) he can have great teams. Take that away and he is lost. He completely lacks the ability to alter his offense to suit his players. With the talent of Brantley and all the speed at the skill positions, a Pro Style offense would have been great in Gainesville.

    Originally posted by SolidGold
    Bortlezzzzzzz
    Originally posted by Monomach
    Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
      It's not a big loss. He's an overrated coach. With the right QB (Tebow and Alex Smith) he can have great teams. Take that away and he is lost. He completely lacks the ability to alter his offense to suit his players. With the talent of Brantley and all the speed at the skill positions, a Pro Style offense would have been great in Gainesville.
      I don't know if that is a fair assessment, he did win a MNC with Chris Leak as his starting QB and Tebow in only for spot duty or goal line plays. That Gator team wasn't exactly built for his Spread offense. Then again, I think we're seeing Dan Mullen was the real genius there not Meyer.

      Comment


      • #18
        jrdrylie , I have so agree . I was kind of bummed when they brought the spread back for Brantley.That is just not his style of playing.But I'm sure it would have been hard to learn a whole playbook for the others on the offense.Maybe next year.But I hear Brantley might transfer ?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
          It's not a big loss. He's an overrated coach. With the right QB (Tebow and Alex Smith) he can have great teams. Take that away and he is lost. He completely lacks the ability to alter his offense to suit his players. With the talent of Brantley and all the speed at the skill positions, a Pro Style offense would have been great in Gainesville.
          well... he won a BCS title with Chris Leak as his starting qb...

          Comment


          • #20
            If Brantley is graduating (or has done so) he could freely transfer and likely get a waiver to even go FBS next season (like Masoli). That was just an awful fit for his skill set, if he went to a pro style offense with a QB guru he could really inflate his stock next season, even a year at Delaware could help a lot. If it's true Mullen is coming in then I think it's safe to say Burton, Reed, or even freshman Jeff Driskel would likely be the starter, so no sense for Brantley to stick around.

            Between going to Florida and having committed to Texas at one point it is sad this kid didn't accurately look at his skills and select a better college for his skills.

            Comment


            • #21
              Urban Meyer and Pete Carroll... both left after their team had craptastic years.

              Comment


              • #22
                But Tim Tebow played a huge part of it. They don't win without Tebow (or an absolutely amazing defense).

                And yes, I hear Brantley is going to transfer. But if they bring in a Pro Style offense, Brantley may stay and Burton might be the guy who heads out the door. Burton could go to an FCS school and still have three years of eligibility left. Brantley would have to go to an FBS school.

                Originally posted by SolidGold
                Bortlezzzzzzz
                Originally posted by Monomach
                Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
                  But Tim Tebow played a huge part of it. They don't win without Tebow (or an absolutely amazing defense).

                  And yes, I hear Brantley is going to transfer. But if they bring in a Pro Style offense, Brantley may stay and Burton might be the guy who heads out the door. Burton could go to an FCS school and still have three years of eligibility left. Brantley would have to go to an FBS school.
                  Well you bring up another good point for Florida's demise this season, he lost not only his offensive genius in Dan Mullen but his defensive genius in Charlie Strong along with the perfect player for his offense.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by soybean View Post
                    Urban Meyer and Pete Carroll... both left after their team had craptastic years.
                    Completely different circumstances, Carroll left for an NFL position as USC was about to be made the NCAA's ***** in sanctions. Whereas Meyer is leaving just because he can't hack it, or as FSU fans will always believe because he was afraid of becoming second banana to Jimbo Fisher.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Hello Dan Mullen nice to see you back around Gainesville.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        It's not health related. He wants to spend more time with his family.

                        Sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Dan Mullen? Gus Malzahn maybe? Those names scare me more offensively than UM at this point.

                          I hope they promote from within.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                            Hello Dan Mullen nice to see you back around Gainesville.
                            If Florida wants it, it's happening I think. Know Mullen likes MSU a lot, but that's a great fit for him.

                            What happens to Meyer? Done with coaching? hard to see at 46. Belichick would probably love to have him hang around the Patriots in some capacity, even if it's a formality type deal.

                            R.I.P. Junior Seau

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              If Florida wants it, it's happening I think. Know Mullen likes MSU a lot, but that's a great fit for him.

                              What happens to Meyer? Done with coaching? hard to see at 46. Belichick would probably love to have him hang around the Patriots in some capacity, even if it's a formality type deal.
                              Mullen was high on Miami's list but if Florida comes calling, he has to take it. Better facilities, more money, more recent success, and easier academic standards.

                              Originally posted by SolidGold
                              Bortlezzzzzzz
                              Originally posted by Monomach
                              Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                                It's official now.

                                Urban is a coward.
                                Agreed. Sorry loser.

                                Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information