No announcement yet.

Urban Meyer stepping down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any of you think you see the staff going after a more better pro style offense this time around in a coach ? I really hope they do more and recruit better not get so bad of a rep when players head into the NFL . Example Tebow horrible motion .Yes that is coming from a Tebow fan. Or perhaps throw in more balanced type drop back and taken snaps from the center more etc? What does Mullen run or any of the other Coaches ? What you all think here ?

Comment

UF's AD said the search would take 2-2.5 weeks, I think Mullen gets the job though.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

That's an oddly-specific time-frame.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
          Do any of you think you see the staff going after a more better pro style offense this time around in a coach ? I really hope they do more and recruit better not get so bad of a rep when players head into the NFL . Example Tebow horrible motion .Yes that is coming from a Tebow fan. Or perhaps throw in more balanced type drop back and taken snaps from the center more etc? What does Mullen run or any of the other Coaches ? What you all think here ?
          Meyer put players into the NFL year after year. The Gators are #3 in terms of 1st Round draft picks in his tenure, only behind Ohio St. and USC.

The only issue is at QB, but Tebow still went in the 1st RD. And teams aren't avoiding the position players or OL, and lots of them are having success in the NFL (Harvin, Murphy, Hernandez, Pouncey, etc.).

They could go for a Pro Style guy, but I don't think it'll weigh that much. The AD's job is to get a guy who'll win, not to get a guy who will get guys to the NFL. His job doesn't rely on the player's success but on the coach's.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Actually, I could see Jim Harbaugh or Chris Peterson getting a call too. It's easy to think that Florida would hire an ex-Florida guy, but who knows.
            Really dont see either of those guys leaving for this job, way to big of a rebuilding effort. Both these guys run pro style offenses. BSU is more of an up tempo style but is still pro style, and Florida doesnt have the pieces for that right now other than Brantly.

Mullen or Malzahn would be the best fits, due to the fact their offenses are the most similar to Urbans, and fir the personel much better.

I see Mullen taking the job and Malzahn going to Miami.

Then Rich Rod to MSU haha

Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
              Really dont see either of those guys leaving for this job, way to big of a rebuilding effort. Both these guys run pro style offenses. BSU is more of an up tempo style but is still pro style, and Florida doesnt have the pieces for that right now other than Brantly.

Mullen or Malzahn would be the best fits, due to the fact their offenses are the most similar to Urbans, and fir the personel much better.

I see Mullen taking the job and Malzahn going to Miami.

Then Rich Rod to MSU haha
              I agree about Mullen and Malzahn. If Mullen gets the job then Malzahn goes to Mississippi State, Rich Rod to Pittsburgh, and Mike Leach to Miami.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Miami isn't interested in Leach or Malzahn.

Also UF has a QB coming in with a ton of passing potential so them transitioning to a pro style offense wouldn't be hard at all (year of Brantley then Driskell takes over). Don't expect any drastic changes offensively though.
                Last edited by draftguru151; 12-08-2010, 11:41 PM.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  I agree about Mullen and Malzahn. If Mullen gets the job then Malzahn goes to Mississippi State, Rich Rod to Pittsburgh, and Mike Leach to Miami.
                  I just do not see Leach going to Miami at all, thats why i said Malzahn to UM.

I think its a lock for Mullen tho....it seems to obvious.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Urban Meyer, what can be done?

I just want to know where Leech is going to coach. I hope it's UNT, they need some ******* life up in Denton.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post

I just want to know where Leech is going to coach. I hope it's UNT, they need some ******* life up in Denton.
                      Yeah, i have a feeling the he's not going to get as good of a job as everyone is thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post

UNT has already hired their coach. Florida assistant coach Dan McCarney was announced as the Mean Green's next head coach a few weeks ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf...ory?id=5856208

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

TitanHope,
                          I do agree with you on a coach that needs UF winning again.But again it would kind of nice / change to get a different style of offense and see if they can put more passing numbers up and running etc .Kind of almost giving us fans new light into next season or scare to see what a new HC can really do in off season . I my self can't already wait .

Comment

Who's kidding who here? It's going to be Mullen's job to take or turn down. If it isn't there is no justice in college FB. Donside is that Mississippi St. remains an also-ran team in the SEC West.........

Some Q&A:

Q: Was Meyer in over his head in Alligator Alley?
                            A: Yes, as a matter of fact he was. From Utah to the SEC leader & NC contender is a big leap for anybody.

Q: Did his "heart attack" this month a yr ago play a big p/o this?
                            A: Betcher ass it did. Cardiac pain of that magnitude can & will scare the **** out of you & make you reconsider all manner of things, like your high stress job.

Q: Where's his next job?
                            A: HC of Denver Broncos, a job that opened up Monday of this wk. He's right at home in Rockies..........
                            Q (a): Can he win there?
                            A (b): Yes but it requires patience. They need a playmaker receiver, some DL help, & a btter QB but that's another thread.
                            Last edited by LizardState; 12-08-2010, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Are you guys insane???? Meyer got you two freaking NCs in 6 years. Howcould you call him mediocre or want a new coach??? Good lord you dorks are spoiled and delusional. It's very likely going to be a long time before you get an NC again.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                                Who's kidding who here? It's going to be Mullen's job to take or turn down. If it isn't there is no justice in college FB. Donside is that Mississippi St. remains an also-ran team in the SEC West.........

Some Q&A:

Q: Was Meyer in over his head in Alligator Alley?
                                A: Yes, as a matter of fact he was. From Utah to the SEC leader & NC contender is a big leap for anybody.

Q: Did his "heart attack" this month a yr ago play a big p/o this?
                                A: Betcher ass it did. Cardiac pain of that magnitude can & will scare the **** out of you & make you reconsider all manner of things, like your high stress job.

Q: Where's his next job?
                                A: HC of Denver Broncos, a job that opened up Monday of this wk. He's right at home in Rockies..........
                                Q (a): Can he win there?
                                A (b): Yes but it requires patience. They need a playmaker receiver, some DL help, & a btter QB but that's another thread.

Theres no way Urban is going to the NFL, his game doesnt correlate....and i think stress is a part of what is making him leave now, along with family issues.....why would he go to what is arguably a more stressful job?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information