Urban Meyer stepping down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
    Theres no way Urban is going to the NFL, his game doesnt correlate....and i think stress is a part of what is making him leave now, along with family issues.....why would he go to what is arguably a more stressful job?
    For someone who is as diligent a recruiter as Meyer an NFL job could actually be less stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by MassNole View Post
      For someone who is as diligent a recruiter as Meyer an NFL job could actually be less stressful.
      Well, i still dont know how his scheme and what not would correlate to the NFL.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Well in Denver he has the perfect player to run his offense. No one thought it would work that well in the SEC and were wrong, but the difference is in the NFL you can't go get the top new talent every year and that scheme may not work so well where talent is near equal.

Comment

Well in Denver he has the perfect player to run his offense. No one thought it would work that well in the SEC and were wrong, but the difference is in the NFL you can't go get the top new talent every year and that scheme may not work so well where talent is near equal.
          Im just under the impression that at Florida he had some of the fastest teams the college game has seen, the speed made his scheme that much scarier.

The speed of the defenses in the NFL offset that. These gimmicky offenses we see in college football wont work in the NFL. Thats why we dont see anyone running the option in the NFL, the speed is just too much.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Patriot utilize a whole lot of concepts from the Urban Meyer offense. None of the option stuff and some of the formations are different, but the concepts are there. Meyer to the NFL isn't as inconceivable as some think. Will it work? Who knows. But there's an outside chance.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
              Im just under the impression that at Florida he had some of the fastest teams the college game has seen, the speed made his scheme that much scarier.

The speed of the defenses in the NFL offset that. These gimmicky offenses we see in college football wont work in the NFL. Thats why we dont see anyone running the option in the NFL, the speed is just too much.
              totally agree. the spread in college is for offenses to spread out defenses and create a lot of openfield spaces to run in. In the NFL you can try to spread a defense out and still the gaps close immediately b/c of how fast the players are.

Comment

His name is Mike Leach.

A leech is the thing that sucks your blood.

kthanksbye.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  I agree about Mullen and Malzahn. If Mullen gets the job then Malzahn goes to Mississippi State, Rich Rod to Pittsburgh, and Mike Leach to Miami.
                  Wow, never even thought about RR to Pitt. I think this town would burn.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Why do you guys all assume that Brantley would look significantly better in a pro-style offense? He can't even throw a 5 yard pass accurately, regardless of system. He's terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      His name is Mike Leach.

A leech is the thing that sucks your blood.

kthanksbye.
                      Had the good fortune of having to listen to him call a Tennessee game. He sucked the life out of me.

I think Leech is fine.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Tim Tebow carried Florida - that's why you saw the dropoff this year.

You'll see the same thing with Auburn once Newton leaves - back to mid-tier SEC team at best.

Tough luck for Meyer - I hope he comes back to coaching someday.
                        Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                          Tim Tebow carried Florida - that's why you saw the dropoff this year.
                          1) Florida had some incredible defenses in those years.

2) Florida is always great.

I would also add that giving Malzahn a head coaching job the caliber of Florida or Miami would be a huge risk. This isn't the type of job where somebody can cut their chops, look at what happened to Shannon.
                          Last edited by bearsfan_51; 12-09-2010, 01:09 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Wow, might as well call Jimbo Fisher the Floridian Coach Killer.

2 bitter rivals + 2 manhood stealing blowouts to FSU = Fisher the Coach Killer.
                            yeah......that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                              Why do you guys all assume that Brantley would look significantly better in a pro-style offense? He can't even throw a 5 yard pass accurately, regardless of system. He's terrible.
                              He would do better in a pro style offense than he would in the system hes been in.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                                UNT has already hired their coach. Florida assistant coach Dan McCarney was announced as the Mean Green's next head coach a few weeks ago.
                                this ought to speak to the irrelevancy of the UNT program as far as DFW is concerned

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information