Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urban Meyer stepping down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
    Had the good fortune of having to listen to him call a Tennessee game. He sucked the life out of me.

    I think Leech is fine.
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how drunk was he? (hint: the correct answer is 10)

    That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

    Comment


    • #77
      I would prefer Mullen, but it's not like I'm the expert at this. I think Foley is going to make a good decision regardless.

      by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
        It's official now.

        Urban is a coward.
        someone is a little butthurt

        by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

        Comment


        • #79
          SWDC: Where 2 NCs in 5 years just doesn't cut it.


          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
            SWDC: Where 2 NCs in 5 years just doesn't cut it.
            True statement right there, pretty ridiculous.



            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
              SWDC: Where 2 NCs in 5 years just doesn't cut it.
              Yeah, it's plain idiocy.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                Yeah, it's plain idiocy.
                Agreed. Meyer was a ******* phenomenal coach at Florida and I don't really know what else the fan base could expect out of him.

                I know I haven't been happy with Les Miles as head coach of LSU because he frustrates the ever loving **** out of me with his bone-headed clock management skills and refusal to change his offensive coordinator when he isn't getting it done. On the other hand he has won a title, taken the team to a bowl game in each year of his tenure, has kept LSU out of trouble off-the-field, run a clean program, and consistently brings in top talent.

                The fact is that fans of top tier programs and top SEC programs in particular are spoiled. I would even use a word stronger than spoiled if there was one. They expect to win titles every single year and if that doesn't happen then their disappointed. Would they have been happy if Urban Meyer was just a continuation of Ron Zook? You could poll any fan of any team in any conference and ask them if they would have taken Urban Meyer's success at their school and the answer more than likely would be a resounding "yes".

                Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  Agreed. Meyer was a ******* phenomenal coach at Florida and I don't really know what else the fan base could expect out of him.

                  I know I haven't been happy with Les Miles as head coach of LSU because he frustrates the ever loving **** out of me with his bone-headed clock management skills and refusal to change his offensive coordinator when he isn't getting it done. On the other hand he has won a title, taken the team to a bowl game in each year of his tenure, has kept LSU out of trouble off-the-field, run a clean program, and consistently brings in top talent.

                  The fact is that fans of top tier programs and top SEC programs in particular are spoiled. I would even use a word stronger than spoiled if there was one. They expect to win titles every single year and if that doesn't happen then their disappointed. Would they have been happy if Urban Meyer was just a continuation of Ron Zook? You could poll any fan of any team in any conference and ask them if they would have taken Urban Meyer's success at their school and the answer more than likely would be a resounding "yes".
                  Well put. The fans of top schools are insane when it comes to expectations. There simply are too many top quality teams to expect an NC every couple of years.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Looking more and more like UF will be hiring Chris Peterson. He'd pretty much be given the same situation Meyer was before he came from Utah, runs a spread (although one that much better fits our players), and apparently Foley and he interviewed sometime this week (Peterson was in FL for the awards).

                    I was worried about recruiting, but then again, who thought Meyer was gonna be the recruiter he became coming out of Utah. I think Peterson will attract a lot of big names because he gets so much credit with the job he did at Boise.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Well if he is going to be your coach, you should know that his last name is Petersen (I got it wrong too).

                      Can't really argue the hire, though.


                      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                        Looking more and more like UF will be hiring Chris Peterson. He'd pretty much be given the same situation Meyer was before he came from Utah, runs a spread (although one that much better fits our players), and apparently Foley and he interviewed sometime this week (Peterson was in FL for the awards).

                        I was worried about recruiting, but then again, who thought Meyer was gonna be the recruiter he became coming out of Utah. I think Peterson will attract a lot of big names because he gets so much credit with the job he did at Boise.
                        I'd still be a bit concerned. The other BSU coaches that were setting the world on fire there pretty much blew chunks once they left rinky dink land.

                        I do think Peterson is better than those guys, and will be given a crap ton of talent.

                        Also, he understands the importance of good defense, so that is a huge plus over a lot of these offensive gurus that fizzle out as head coaches.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Does this mean Boise State will be irrelevant again?
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Does this mean Boise State will be irrelevant again?
                            I doubt it. If he leaves they will likely promote someone already versed in their system. And they are still playing rinky dink teams, so that doesn't change.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              FWIW, my insider says it's going to be Petrino or Stoops... nobody knows at this point, but something IS in the works.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                                FWIW, my insider says it's going to be Petrino or Stoops... nobody knows at this point, but something IS in the works.
                                WTF would any major team want Petrino??!?!? Dear lord that guy is a dirtbag.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information