Urban Meyer stepping down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Meyer stepping down?

Just saw this on Twitter. It's the hot rumor right now.

GatorUpdates Urban Meyer to step down as #Gators head coach this evening at 5pm EST per athletic department.

Here is a good feed: Todd Wright

Think he goes to Michigan? :)

Comment

Some tough choice ? I wonder if it will stick this time. Last year this time he tried too but couldn't leave. It would be nice of a change and a new playbook in stack would be nice too .The spread just isn't working any more with a stellar QB like Tebow .I really doubt he goes any where Joe .

Comment

Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
        Some tough choice ? I wonder if it will stick this time. Last year this time he tried too but couldn't leave. It would be nice of a change and a new playbook in stack would be nice too .The spread just isn't working any more with a stellar QB like Tebow .I really doubt he goes any where Joe .
        He could join Tebow in Denver!!!!

I do agree that if he quits, it's probably for a long break. And you are right, the spread option only really works with a QB that has a great combo of brains, running ability, and decent passing skills. You also absolutely need a speedy playmaker to hold off the LBs from covering the TE dump and QB/RB running option.

Comment

It's official now.

Urban is a coward.

Comment

cya Urban.

(the advantage of the above comment is that "cya" can both mean "goodbye" and "cya later.")

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

He will be back in a few months...or in Denver...not coaching...just hangin'

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                Urban is a coward.
                how so? (I really have no idea why he is leaving).

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Dear Florida,

Please leave Charlie Strong alone, and never ever ask to talk to him.

Sincerely,

A University of Louisville Student

Comment

Won't miss the guy one bit. Poor gators haha.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Wow, might as well call Jimbo Fisher the Floridian Coach Killer.

2 bitter rivals + 2 manhood stealing blowouts to FSU = Fisher the Coach Killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        how so? (I really have no idea why he is leaving).
                        I don't buy into the health issues. I just think he can't stand losing so bad because Tebow isn't there anymore and that he can't bare through a down year or two to rebuild the program.

Comment

I'm sure the main reason is because he can't stand lossing and has no real QB and his spread system just isn't working any more and it is about time IMO.He was a good Coach when he had the players ,however, when they are no longer that skilled you gotta look and change the offense to what you have more move into a better skilled playbook to fit your players. Its not rocket science. I doubt he makes a move or chance to go to Denver , possible tho . Any word on who is taking over for the Gators ? Yes I am stil a fan after horrible season lol .

Comment

I don't buy into the health issues. I just think he can't stand losing so bad because Tebow isn't there anymore and that he can't bare through a down year or two to rebuild the program.
                            That and FSU has no righted their ship and has a coach who can beat him out for recruits and on the field. From what I've already heard Dan Mullen is more or less a done deal to replace the Hotdog man in Hogtown. Which is so-so news for FSU but devastating for Miami.

Comment

I just think the stress of the job is overwhelming to him. He's got cash now and a propensity to have a poor reaction to stress.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information