Dana Holgorsen To WVU as OC; HC in 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple quotes from our AD, Luck.
    "I didn't believe we had an opportunity to win a national championship with the direction of the program," Luck said. "At the end of the day, results matter. And we weren't getting the results.

"Bill Stewart's the head coach," Luck said. "There's no question about that. Dana Holgorsen's the offensive coordinator, just like Jeff Mullen was this past season."

"I see a rapidly improving Big East," Luck said. "The addition of TCU is going to raise the bar for all of us in the Big East and we need to respond to that and prepare ourselves. Because I believe eventually the road to the Big East championship will go through Fort Worth and we need to be prepared to go ahead and beat a team like TCU on the road, claim a Big East championship and get to national championship consideration."

Luck's biggest fear was that Holgorsen, whose name had cropped up for several coaching vacancies, could end up somewhere else, including with a WVU opponent.
    "I wouldn't want to prepare against his offense," Luck said. "I wanted him to be at this university to lead us in the long term. He is, I think, one of the outstanding l coaches in college football today and I wanted him at WVU because I do think he can lead us to a national championship."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5927121

Comment

Talk about throwing your head coach under the bus. That is having ZERO faith in Stewart and it surprises me that he is staying on another year as the head guy in WVU. That has to be the ultimate slap in the face for him or any coach.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Stewart always reminded me of Larry Coker for what it's worth. Nice guys who underachieved as head coaches. I know Coker was in the BCS national championship twice but that was largely because Butch Davis left the cupboard so stocked that it was impossible not to win with that talent. Once the well dried up we saw Coker's real self.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
          Talk about throwing your head coach under the bus. That is having ZERO faith in Stewart and it surprises me that he is staying on another year as the head guy in WVU. That has to be the ultimate slap in the face for him or any coach.
          It may be said, but I doubt there are many who follow the Mountaineer program that would disagree with much of what Luck said. Stewart seems like a nice guy and has done some good things here, but when you consider the resources he's working with, he's underachieved for three years running, especially this year in a Big East conference that was just ripe for the picking.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information