Dana Holgorsen To WVU as OC; HC in 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana Holgorsen To WVU as OC; HC in 2012

will be the oc in 2011, having full say over offfensive coaches; rumored to be bringing in 3 new guys

will be hc in 2012; likely will keep the defensive staff intact

http://wvgazette.com/latest/201012140659

cred 2 BoneKrusher

This is such great news. I heard Shannon Dawson OC of SF Austin and Bill Bedenbaugh from Arizona are 2 of the rumored coaches he's looking to bring. Great they all have ties to Texas maybe we could build a small pipeline down the line which would be amazing like 1 or 2 players a year.

Makes me giddy for Wide Reciever prospects, who wouldn't wanna play for Holgerson? Helped Crabtree, Dez, Blackmon...I'm so happy, I better not get crushed.

I also like that Stewart decided to stay the last year. It will help maintain our current class and I know the players really respect him.

Way to go Luck.
    Last edited by 703SKINS202; 12-14-2010, 03:11 PM.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Well, Pitt can't be happy with this.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
        Well, Pitt can't be happy with this.
        wvu has been speaking with him since oct; luck (our ad and andrews dad) has known hoglerson for a couple years (both lived in houston)

the pitt coaching search is just a debacle

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
          This is such great news. I heard Shannon Dawson OC of SF Austin and Bill Bedenbaugh from Arizona are 2 of the rumored coaches he's looking to bring. Great they all have ties to Texas maybe we could build a small pipeline down the line which would be amazing like 1 or 2 players a year.

Makes me giddy for Wide Reciever prospects, who wouldn't wanna play for Holgerson? Helped Crabtree, Dez, Blackmon...I'm so happy, I better not get crushed.

I also like that Stewart decided to stay the last year. It will help maintain our current class and I know the players really respect him.

Way to go Luck.
          yea, i heard betty and galloway will be the only O coaches retained; i guess he really like casteel and co. and will interview them after next season (doesnt have control on defense staff this year)

geno has a real shot at going to NY for the heisman next year; threw 23 tds to 6 int as a 1st year starter, and with holgy's o, he should build on that

tavon will be a household name

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
            yea, i heard betty and galloway will be the only O coaches retained; i guess he really like casteel and co. and will interview them after next season (doesnt have control on defense staff this year)

geno has a real shot at going to NY for the heisman next year; threw 23 tds to 6 int as a 1st year starter, and with holgy's o, he should build on that

tavon will be a household name
            Tavon has a lot of Desean Jackson in him, I agree he will become a household name. I think it would be wise to keep Casteel.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Great news, especially about keeping the defensive staff intact. Very excited!

Comment

I wonder what Stewart's take is on all these as well. Agreeing to stay on as a one year lame duck? Is his goal to win the Big East next year and create some sort of controversy?

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Love the hire by WVU. Pitt should have been more aggressive in recruiting him as their HC.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                    I wonder what Stewart's take is on all these as well. Agreeing to stay on as a one year lame duck? Is his goal to win the Big East next year and create some sort of controversy?
                    He's not happy about it apparently.

CFT can also confirm that the parameters of a deal are in place with Holgorsen, and that Stewart is indeed “very pissed off” as to how this went down — i.e. the involvement of boosters and months-long back-room dealings — and, as of this morning, was resisting having a coach-in-waiting foisted upon him.
                    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...-mountaineers/

I actually feel bad for him, he's pretty much being thrown out the door. He cares more about WVU more then any other coach we can hire and is a good guy. But at the end of the day his teams just underachieve too much. It's unbelievable this team lost two Big East games this year.

It's always a risk when you hire someone with no HC experience but I love the hire and fit, our offense should be rolling next year.

Comment

Nordenberg is ruining this search for Pitt. Apparently (I am making an educated assumption) money is a HUGE issue with him. Wannstedt gave hima "hometown discount" and he hopes that the new hire will require similar compensation. AD Steve Pederson loved Holgorsen but Nordenberg dismissed the possibility after hearing of Holgorsen's "around $2 Million" contract demands.

Wannstedt makes more than ONLY SEVEN other AQ Head Coaches.

NC State - Tom O'Brien
                      Baylor - Art Briles
                      West Virginia - Bill Stewart
                      Indiana - Bill Lynch
                      Minnesota - Tim Brewster
                      Purdue - Danny Hope
                      Washington State - Paul Wulff

It's truly a sad state of affairs that the AD can't do his job because the University Chancellor is very meddling and must give his stamp of approval.

The ltest names being rumbled in the Burgh are Miami (OH)'s Mike Haywood, Tulsa's Todd Graham and Maryland OC James Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                        The ltest names being rumbled in the Burgh are Miami (OH)'s Mike Haywood, Tulsa's Todd Graham and Maryland OC James Franklin.
                        Can somebody tell me why James Franklin is getting so much hype? Over the past few seasons, I have never been impressed with Maryland's offense. What about him makes people think he'll be a really good coach?

Originally posted by SolidGold
                        Bortlezzzzzzz
                        Originally posted by Monomach
                        Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                          I actually feel bad for him, he's pretty much being thrown out the door.
                          He's a ******* awful coach. He should be thrown out the door.

Comment

Franklin is headed to Vandy now. So he won't be going to the Burgh...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              He's a ******* awful coach. He should be thrown out the door.
                              luck didnt like the hire when he was on our BOG

and haywood to pitt

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information