5 Buckeyes suspended first 5 games next season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    Wait, you mean she only has to pay a few thousand each year for her son to attend Ohio State? You mean that room and board & tuition and fees, which runs to about 20k a year (sauce) only costs you a few thousand? **** you, lady.
    Mines 30k a year. IDK if Posey is in state or out, but out of state is over 30k now.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Apparently, also one of the dumbest. Looks like the apple doesn't fall from the tree in that case.
      She knows whats shes talking about here. Its definitely not a dumb argument, whether or not you agree with it. These college players are given very little compared to the money that everyone else in college football is making. And rules about selling their own personal property are ********.

And at the same time, I'm sure Posey only sold things when he was in a desperate need of money to buy lifes necesities. Like tattoos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
        Mines 30k a year. IDK if Posey is in state or out, but out of state is over 30k now.
        Posey is from Cincy, so he's in-state.

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
        She knows whats shes talking about here.
        No, she doesn't.

Its definitely not a dumb argument, whether or not you agree with it. These college players are given very little compared to the money that everyone else in college football is making.
        Yeah, I feel just so bad for the kids who have their education, books, housing, injuries and training table meals paid for. I'll weep for them the next time I write out my check for my student loans. Oh, wait, there's a ******* concept. If you're so strapped for cash (hint: they're not), get a ******* loan. Work a job in the summer. Get the **** out of here with that ****. Great, Ohio State football makes money. Most D-1 programs don't. Plus, thanks to Title IX, if you want to pay Terrelle Pryor, you also pay the backup libero on the women's volleyball team. Posey and everyone else get plenty.

College football players get the most of any student and ***** the most of any student. If a kid tears their ACL and needs surgery, who pays for it? Right, the school. I hear the Woody Hayes Athletic Center is quite the workout facility for the Buckeye athletes. I wonder how the school pays for it. Oh, right, all of the money that apparently goes to the "evil NCAA". By all accounts, Texas has a weight room that would probably make most S&C coaches (oh hey, there's someone else who gets paid because of football's profit) fall to their knees and cry tears of joy. I wonder how they paid for it.

The Buckeyes' beloved coach and his multi-million dollar salary? Paid for by the team's profits. But yeah, let's ***** and cry about this "travesty". I'll switch positions with DeVier Posey. He can have my student loans and I'll take the free education. I bet you I can make enough money to survive.

Comment

• And they do get paid. The Pell Grant is out there. The money for books is double what ANYONE would spend on books. When I was an RA for some of the football players, one kid bought his books then used the rest of the cash to buy new tennis shoes.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• You list all the people that get paid because of OSU players, but the players aren't among that group. When it comes down to it Posey as the example is going to end up with about 60k if he stays all for years. Nice pay day certainly, but nothing outrageous or even comparble to what the others involved in college football are making.

I don't think they should be paid, but players certainly should be able to sell their own property to anyone thats willing to buy it.

Comment

When it comes down to it Posey as the example is going to end up with about 60k if he stays all for years.
              Really? 60K? Uh, try harder.

Comment

• http://undergrad.osu.edu/admissions/quick-facts.html

•Tuition (full-time undergraduate, Columbus): $9,420
                •Room and board (most popular combination): $10,164
                Let's be generous and say $400 for books per quarter since OSU is on quarters: $1,600

Meal plan.

Essentially a gym membership at the WHAC.

Injury care, surgeries, and rehabilitation paid for.

Training table, drinks and good nutritional foods.

Emergency fund- see Evan Turner's braces.

Am I missing anything?

Sorry DeVier, they won't pay for your tattoos. Rough life you've got going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  http://undergrad.osu.edu/admissions/quick-facts.html

Let's be generous and say $400 for books per quarter since OSU is on quarters: $1,600

Meal plan.

Essentially a gym membership at the WHAC.

Injury care, surgeries, and rehabilitation paid for.

Training table, drinks and good nutritional foods.

Emergency fund- see Evan Turner's braces.

Am I missing anything?

Sorry DeVier, they won't pay for your tattoos. Rough life you've got going on.
                  99% of the time the school will help them find a job during the summer.

Basically, there is little to nothing that the school won't cover/help you out with if you really want.

Sorry, but normal college kids aren't making enough money to afford flat screen TVs or brand new cars, so neither should athletes. If they wanted, football players would easily have enough money and other benefits that they would be living a modest lifestyle 24/7. It's the fact that they think they don't have enough money to buy **** they don't need.

Comment

• Not too far off. I wasn't familiar with how much tutition is for in state, because I'm out of state. And Books at $400 would only be $1200. They're called quarters, but most students only take classes for 3 of them. Even with all that, it doesn't compare to what everyone else involved in college football makes.

But no matter what he gets it doesn't change the fact that he should be allowed to sell anything that he owns.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                      By the way, can anyone explain to me the difference between these 2 high profile QB's cases and that of Rhett Bomar a few years back at Oklahoma?
                      They are selling their stuff, which they cannot do. Rhett took a job at a dealership which paid him a lot of money for not working at all.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Even with all that, it doesn't compare to what everyone else involved in college football makes.
                        This has no real relevance to anything at all. That's how the real world works. Life's a ***** sometimes and not always fair.

Comment

• Thats all fine and well, but the NCAA shouldn't have ******** rules preventing players from selling their own property in order to get more money. Thats what this whole issue is really about.
                          Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 12-24-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Thats all fine and well, but the NCAA shouldn't have ******** rules preventing players from selling their own property in order to get more money. Thats what this whole issue is really about.
                            without the NCAA, they would have not have gotten this property. That is their logic and it's pretty sound.
                            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Life isn't fair, anyone who tells you differently is feeding you bs or just doesn't know better.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, USC got hosed. I'm a Cal fan and I was happy when SC got nailed, but I read the NCAA report and I was completely unconvinced that they had committed any kind of violation that fit the punishment. It will go down as a witchhunt in my mind and any reporter with any integrity would have called it the same way. Nobody had the balls to write about it becuaes the tide was completely against SC at the time.

The coaches that care about players as student-athletes and run clean programs end up in the unemployment line. Randy Shannon and Phillip Fulmer are two guys that come to mind. Yet, jackoffs like Lane Kiffin have a job. No, life is not fair.

I may watch the Oregon & Auburn game, but moreso becuase I like watching Oregon football. For the most part, I watch my Cal football and accept it for what it is. As far as caring for NCAA football, it doesn't do much for me and I have no interest in supporting it.

At least we still have the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                                without the NCAA, they would have not have gotten this property. That is their logic and it's pretty sound.
                                Not really. They own it they should be free to do whatever they want with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information