• Show
Clear All

• New Pitt Coach Mike Haywood Arrested Then Fired

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headline...112730024.html

You have to wonder if Pitt will retain him as head coach because of this

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Eh stuff happens, no reason for Pitt to cut loose a solid hire.

Comment

They're not going to fire him.
      Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by MassNole View Post
        Stuff happens? He's the head coach, not a player.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Certainly not a good way to start all this. If I were Pitt, I would probably let him go.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Stuff happens? He's the head coach, not a player.
            Over the Holidays emotions run hot, whereas his behavior may have deviated from societal norms it doesn't mean the man should lose his job before he even starts it. Sure he should starting with an 0-1 count over the holidays bad decisions can be made in the heat of a moment. I am not going to demonize a person for a single mistake.

Comment

Stuff happens, eh? This is a new coach they just hired being arrested... for domestic violence. That's not good anyway you look at it.

""Police say there was a custody issue and the woman attempted to leave. As she left, police say a physical altercation broke out. The woman told police Haywood grabbed her by the arm and neck and pushed her. According to the police report, the woman had red marks on her neck, arms and back."

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Over the Holidays emotions run hot, whereas his behavior may have deviated from societal norms it doesn't mean the man should lose his job before he even starts it. Sure he should starting with an 0-1 count over the holidays bad decisions can be made in the heat of a moment. I am not going to demonize a person for a single mistake.
                He put his hands on a woman to the point where she was marked from it. Not a good example to be setting for the players no matter what team of year it is.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

dude was a bad hire from the start. a team coming out of nowhere to win the MAC Championship in an upset = great coach! as we all found out from turner gill's reign at kansas

i also like how everyone brings up his turn around from 1-11 while ignoring the fact that he coached through the 1-11 season

Comment

So a heated exchange involving custody over the holidays. People make mistakes and it is sad so many are ready to lynch the man's career. This isn't a situation like say Lawrence Phillips where he dragged her down a flight of stairs. From the sounds of the police report it sounds like an over reaction to an emotional situation. As for leaving marks, some people bruise extremely easily not to mention a lot of other reasons that would increase bruising, such as alcohol intoxication.

Comment

What mother is going to want to send their child to be coached by Mike Haywood after this? The right thing to do, in the long run, would be to fire him on the spot.

It might lose the program a little bit of face in the short run but it's probably for the best.
                      "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
                      17/10/2011

Comment

Originally posted by CameronCropper View Post
                        What mother is going to want to send their child to be coached by Mike Haywood after this? The right thing to do, in the long run, would be to fire him on the spot.

It might lose the program a little bit of face in the short run but it's probably for the best.
                        Okay so say you fire him now and it turns out he was restraining her from leaving while intoxicated with his children. A situation in which reasonable force would be allowed under the law. However under the borderline unconstitutional laws of most states (of which I am too lazy to check Indiana law) require the police to detain him upon the facts shown. She cries abuse, he gets arrested on the spot even if there was a good explanation. So because of the appearance of wrong doing Pitt should fire the man, basically permanently tarnish his chances for future employment, and set back their program much the way Notre Dame did with their overreaction to George O'Leary.

I guess I am the only who remembers one is innocent until proven guilty. Then again I am a criminal defense/divorce attorney so maybe my experience in these situations as tainted me.

Comment

what is hilarious about this whole situation (not that domestic violence is ever funny) is that pitt hired him because of his "character" and dana holgorsen didnt pass their character and background check

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                            what is hilarious about this whole situation (not that domestic violence is ever funny) is that pitt hired him because of his "character" and dana holgorsen didnt pass their character and background check
                            They probably just figured he had good character because he coached at Notre Dame, lol.

He won't get fired. His actions aren't really defensible, but they're not going to let him go over this.
                            Just play me, baby

Comment

It's probably not an offense where you lose your job, but to chalk it up as a silly mistake is pretty irresponsible too.

There are types of people who would lay their hands on a woman and those that wouldn't. Trying to justify the actions tends to push you in the former category.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information