No announcement yet.

New Pitt Coach Mike Haywood Arrested Then Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They probably just figured he had good character because he coached at Notre Dame, lol.
    ND is no endorsement. They hired & fired a HC not too long ago who lied on his resume.

Comment

Good move by Pitt. Wasn't a great hire in the first place and he's obviously not coming in the right way.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Who are the new candidates? Rich Rod? people were mentioning Marvin Lewis the first go around.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Tom Bradly could get another look.

Comment

The charge against Haywood was upgraded from misdemeanor domestic violence to felony domestic battery in the presence of a minor.
            http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...af87e05d57ac14

Once I saw this I presumed he'd be fired.

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
            Who are the new candidates? Rich Rod? people were mentioning Marvin Lewis the first go around.
            They might have to promote one of the staff that Haywood brought along. It is possible that everyone had been given contract. It would be difficult to expect them all to accept dismissal.

Firing him was the right move but I'm not sure how they can dig out of this one.

Comment

LOL, Rich Rod going to the other side of the Backyard Brawl. I think Rich would be a great hire. Clearly not the guy for Michigan, but I think he could be successful at Pittsburgh.
              Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                LOL, Rich Rod going to the other side of the Backyard Brawl. I think Rich would be a great hire. Clearly not the guy for Michigan, but I think he could be successful at Pittsburgh.
                Thats what i thought, he has shown he can be successful in the Big East.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Todd Graham, Todd Bradley, Sal Sunseri, and Paul Rhodes are all potential candidates amongst others.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

Graham would have been a much stronger hirer in the first place anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

There's almost 0% chance it would happen but Pederson and Nordenburg need to throw a HUGE bone at the fan-base after this travesty. They should push for Mike Leach.

Most feel that Tom Bradley would be the quickest way to maintain any form of a recruiting base.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                        There's almost 0% chance it would happen but Pederson and Nordenburg need to throw a HUGE bone at the fan-base after this travesty. They should push for Mike Leach.
                        Because nothing says "stand-up character" like Mike Leach.

Paul Rhodes should have been hired in the first place. Guy won at Iowa State. Gene Chizik couldn't do that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          Because nothing says "stand-up character" like Mike Leach.

Paul Rhodes should have been hired in the first place. Guy won at Iowa State. Gene Chizik couldn't do that.
                          Well, the fanbase thought the character-based hiring was stupid to begin with. At this point it's almost baseless.

As for Rhoades, he is a nice option but doesn't seem to be in the cards. He was DC at Pitt before going to Iowa State. I'm not sure how strong the Rhoades/Pederson relationship is.

Comment

Administrations don't care what fans think, they care what boosters think.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              Administrations don't care what fans think, they care what boosters think.
                              Nordenburg and the boosters LOVED Wannstedt. Besides, the boosters are part of the fanbase in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Mike Leach is going to Maryland.
                                Just play me, baby

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information