Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Evolution" of College Football In Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by MassNole View Post
    Georgia was the third place team in the SEC East, they lost to UF and SC, whom FSU beat by a combined 33 points. As such holding out a win against UGA does nothing when trying to compare them to FSU as FSU beat better teams more handily.
    Like I said if isn't UCF's style to blow teams out. And if you use common opponents like this, then logic says you are worse than James Madison.

    Originally posted by SolidGold
    Bortlezzzzzzz
    Originally posted by Monomach
    Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
      TCU would monkey stomp any team from the ACC.

      As for the ACC over the Big Ten? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah ahahahahahaaha
      0-5 with an average score of 41-20 in today's games really helps back that up. Nice 2-5 bowl record thus far, I must say. And then you have tOSU having to convince the NCAA to let them use ineligible players vs. Arkansas to maybe salvage something.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
        Did the ACC play today? Oh, that's right. They get all of their bowling done before New Year's aside from their pity in the Orange Bowl, where Stanford will destroy them.

        It's a shame every single Bowl game is a road game for the Big Ten. Come up North and play... probably look a lot like Ohio State-Miami did.
        FSU has gone up north, check out the records to see how it went (Hint, not good for the Big 10 teams).

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by MassNole View Post
          0-5 with an average score of 41-20 in today's games really helps back that up. Nice 2-5 bowl record thus far, I must say. And then you have tOSU having to convince the NCAA to let them use ineligible players vs. Arkansas to maybe salvage something.
          You're right. They would have been much better off having an enormous academic scandal when it comes to getting the kids into the school, people taking tests for them, so on and so forth. So bad in fact that Antonio Cromartie was admitted to the school despite being illiterate. Bravo, Seminoles. Bravo.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
            Did the ACC play today? Oh, that's right. They get all of their bowling done before New Year's aside from their pity in the Orange Bowl, where Stanford will destroy them.

            It's a shame every single Bowl game is a road game for the Big Ten. Come up North and play... probably look a lot like Ohio State-Miami did.
            Arkansas will rape Ohio State.

            Tyrod Taylor will make Stanford's D look silly.

            We'll play anyone, anywhere.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
              You're right. They would have been much better off having an enormous academic scandal when it comes to getting the kids into the school, people taking tests for them, so on and so forth. So bad in fact that Antonio Cromartie was admitted to the school despite being illiterate. Bravo, Seminoles. Bravo.
              The academic scandal involved a TA giving a player a copy of a test to an online class that the rest of the school had access to. That online class was a problem for the university, not the just the student athletes, who made up a small, small portion of the total students involved. Something the media left out of their reports.

              As for the Cromartie thing, FSU admits the students who get by the NCAA Clearinghouse. Cromartie got by that, however he did that was between him, Lincoln HS (who I think it would be fair to raise questions about), and the NCAA. Besides if he didn't go to FSU he had plenty of other options as the USA Today HS DPOTY.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                We'll play anyone, anywhere.
                You said it. Samford, Jacksonville State, Western Carolina, Chattanooga, UAB, Troy, Rice, Western Michigan, and Citadel.

                FSU takes on all comers.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I'm a B1G fan, but the differences between the two leagues in the last few years is pretty minimal.

                  It's honestly a silly argument. There's the SEC and there's everyone else. It'll be like that until someone else wins a national title.


                  Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    SEC has won 6 BCS championships. The Big 12 has two. The other 4 AQ's have one each.
                    #Chop


                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                      As for recruits wanting to come to the schools the #1 class in the country will come down to FSU or Alabama (I'd guess FSU #1 in ESPN, Bama #1 in Rivals)
                      surprised nobody called you out on this.

                      A) ESPN and Rivals are about as east coast biased as you can possibly get, nobody in the nation can stand up with Texas' class, especially sinced they signed Westerman. Texas will hold on to the #1 spot on ESPN and Scout.

                      B) Recuiting class rankings mean little to nothing. It's the same teams on the top every year because the ranking services base their opinions on what offers a player has, not as much on the field hype, which is why they have so many busts in the top 20 of their overall prospects.
                      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                      Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                        Central Florida is the "best" team in Florida right now.

                        Everyone goes through ups and downs. Florida is the best coaching job in the country right this second. That could change in a year or few. Florida State appears to be on their way back up. Miami could be get back there at some point.

                        There is enough talent in Florida and Texas to support 2 dominant teams at a time... the question is which 2 programs are going to get most of it.

                        Central and South Florida are enormous universities in big population centers. UCF is in Orlando and South Florida is in that Tampa area.
                        UCF? Are you kidding? No way in hell is UCF better than FSU.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          This thread is filled with so much hate from Massnole...



                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            Central Florida is the "best" team in Florida right now.
                            LOL. No.

                            The NC State games were NC State @ UCF and FSU @ NC State

                            purely using the horrific logic of common games,

                            FSU:
                            1. Lost by less
                            2. Played on the road instead of at home.
                            3. Lost the game by choking. (Thank you Mr Ponder.)

                            FSU > UCF.

                            -----

                            Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            You're right. They would have been much better off having an enormous academic scandal when it comes to getting the kids into the school, people taking tests for them, so on and so forth. So bad in fact that Antonio Cromartie was admitted to the school despite being illiterate. Bravo, Seminoles. Bravo.
                            Smart people don't go to FSU. Myron Rolle was secretly taking classes somewhere else. It's the fake boob capital of the east coast (and probably the "bad" fake boob capital of the world)


                            --------

                            Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                            1) The ACC is better than the Big East, even with the addition of TCU. The ACC likely jumps the Big 12-2 and well looking out how the Big 10 has done in bowl games, I'd give the ACC the nod over them to.
                            Last edited by descendency; 01-02-2011, 09:07 AM.
                            **** her in da *****!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              UCF and USF are the best teams in the state of Florida, hands down. People just don't want to admit it because they play in smaller conferences.

                              No love for FIU in this thread... They just had their first winning season ever.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                                UCF and USF are the best teams in the state of Florida, hands down. People just don't want to admit it because they play in smaller conferences.

                                No love for FIU in this thread... They just had their first winning season ever.
                                USF isn't that good. They are decent but they are probably fourth in the state right now. Plus they lose some credibility by refusing to play UCF. Scared to lose I suppose. I mentioned FIU earlier. They are currently upgrading their stadium, they are a large school, and are located in a great talent pool. If they can keep their coach from leaving they could dominate the Sun Belt and eventually get invited into a better conference.

                                Originally posted by SolidGold
                                Bortlezzzzzzz
                                Originally posted by Monomach
                                Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information