Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Evolution" of College Football In Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
    When was the last time florida played an OOC game not in the state of florida?
    1990 I believe. Why?

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      And Minnesota played USC. And Iowa played Arizona. And Wisconsin played Arizona State. And half the Big Ten plays Notre Dame.
      Really Notre Dame OMG tough match up

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Complex View Post
        Really Notre Dame OMG tough match up
        The Notre Dame that stomped Miami and Utah this year.


        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
          Your Ignorant

          How about playing UF every year, throwing in Oklahoma, Alabama, BYU, USF? No one in the country has played a comparable OOC schedule over the past 20 years.

          Everyone schedules cupcakes, the difference is some schools do it for 4 games.
          While I agree with you that FSU has had tough OOC opponents, that comment is just outlandish. Oklahoma has scheduled all those teams (minus themselves, add FSU) and USF, but also Oregon, Miami, TCU, and some others these past years. I'm sure there are plenty of other schools that have had just as tough OOC schedules.

          Sig by Hitman D.

          Comment


          • #65
            No, Florida State is obviously the best and most important at everything. If you don't know that Your Ignorant.


            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

            Comment


            • #66
              Well FSU is currently the best program in the state and has a big leg up on Florida and gigantic leg up on Miami in this round of the rebuilding process. So excuse us if FSU fans take offense to being told UCF is a better team right now or standing up for our team when our OOC schedule gets pathetically misrepresented.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                The Notre Dame that stomped Miami and Utah this year.
                No one here is holding Miami out as good right now when they are perhaps the 5th or 6th best program in the state. Really trumpeting a victory over them is almost as bad as trumpeting a victory of Georgia.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  When Minnesota scheduled USC they were the best program in the nation. I don't see the Big Ten as doing any more or less ducking than any other program.

                  But if you'd like to go on some tangent about how Florida State played all-comers in the 1960's, go ahead. I liked it better when FSU sucked and y'all hid in corners with your heads buried.
                  Actually it was more USC scheduled Minnesota as any easy game vs. a BCS team, like when they scheduled Virginia.

                  Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                  surprised nobody called you out on this.

                  A) ESPN and Rivals are about as east coast biased as you can possibly get, nobody in the nation can stand up with Texas' class, especially sinced they signed Westerman. Texas will hold on to the #1 spot on ESPN and Scout.

                  B) Recuiting class rankings mean little to nothing. It's the same teams on the top every year because the ranking services base their opinions on what offers a player has, not as much on the field hype, which is why they have so many busts in the top 20 of their overall prospects.
                  ESPN and Rivals are east coast biased? The same Rivals that has had multiple west coast players as 5*s over the years?

                  ESPN I'll admit does give favoritism to the Southeast, but well when teams comprised from players from that region keep winning MNCs, that probably is an indication that is where the elite talent is this season.

                  As for closing out, my understanding is that Texas is done for this cycle with maybe a couple of players to add. Whereas Bama will close out with some 5*'s on ESPN and FSU looks to close out well as well with the likes of Tony Steward and Nick O'Leary to name a couple. FSU will end up with the largest number of the ESPNU 150 barring some very, very unforeseen events taking place. So really, how can no class touch Texas when Bama and FSU aren't done and nipping at their heels.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                    Well FSU is currently the best program in the state and has a big leg up on Florida and gigantic leg up on Miami in this round of the rebuilding process. So excuse us if FSU fans take offense to being told UCF is a better team right now or standing up for our team when our OOC schedule gets pathetically misrepresented.
                    What in your right ******* mind makes you think that they have a big leg up on Florida? UF has 2 NC's in the last 5 years, when was the last time FSU even played for one? Are you kidding me?

                    Oh because they had a bad season and they'll have a new HC? Well....i might be one of the only ones, but i think this UF team is gonna be scary, really quick. Muschamp and Weiss are both very proven recruiters and they are both great at coaching their sides of the ball.

                    UF>FSU



                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                      What in your right ******* mind makes you think that they have a big leg up on Florida? UF has 2 NC's in the last 5 years, when was the last time FSU even played for one? Are you kidding me?

                      Oh because they had a bad season and they'll have a new HC? Well....i might be one of the only ones, but i think this UF team is gonna be scary, really quick. Muschamp and Weiss are both very proven recruiters and they are both great at coaching their sides of the ball.

                      UF>FSU
                      Funny, Jimbo Fisher is also a proven recruiter and Mark Stoops is a helluva defensive coach. When FSU is coming off a blowout win and will be bringing in a better class in 2011 and already has a few elite commitments for 2012 I think it's more than fair to say they are ahead of Florida right now.

                      Sorry if Charlie Weis, who basically inflated stats by beating up bad teams in Notre Dame's weak schedule and never actually developed a good NFL player while at Notre Dame doesn't scare me as a FSU fan. And perhaps he is a good recruiter according to those who overinflated his commitments rankings and talent, but the truth was in the pudding on the field where he assembled teams not capable of beating Navy.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                        When was the last time florida played an OOC game not in the state of florida?
                        (waves hand in air wildly) I know !!! I know the answer!! The Gators scheduled mighty Charleston Southern to open the 09 season, I think.

                        Massnole is right though in his homerism assertion, FSU is the best program in the state right now based on what I saw in their 2010 finish & bowl game, couple that with their A+ (so far) recruiting class & Jimbo has a winnah.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                          Funny, Jimbo Fisher is also a proven recruiter and Mark Stoops is a helluva defensive coach. When FSU is coming off a blowout win and will be bringing in a better class in 2011 and already has a few elite commitments for 2012 I think it's more than fair to say they are ahead of Florida right now.

                          Sorry if Charlie Weis, who basically inflated stats by beating up bad teams in Notre Dame's weak schedule and never actually developed a good NFL player while at Notre Dame doesn't scare me as a FSU fan. And perhaps he is a good recruiter according to those who overinflated his commitments rankings and talent, but the truth was in the pudding on the field where he assembled teams not capable of beating Navy.
                          Not one person will say that Weiss is a good HC, but I could bet you that anyone on this board would love to have him as their teams OC, because he is one of the best in the business....at any level.

                          Put together a few good seasons in a row before you assume that FSU is on the top of college football again.

                          Florida has a down year after the loss of arguably the G.O.A.T. of college football, and several other stars and now they are FSU's doormat? give me a ****** break.



                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                            Not one person will say that Weiss is a good HC, but I could bet you that anyone on this board would love to have him as their teams OC, because he is one of the best in the business....at any level.

                            Put together a few good seasons in a row before you assume that FSU is on the top of college football again.

                            Florida has a down year after the loss of arguably the G.O.A.T. of college football, and several other stars and now they are FSU's doormat? give me a ****** break.
                            Where is he saying that we're on top of college football? He's saying that we are currently, as of right now, the best team in the state. I don't know why that's so hard to believe.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              how can u say the FSU has the best program in the state when this time last year Florida pulled off the most insane recruiting class in recent memory? Your talking like UF has no future and FSU is the only good thing in Florida, but UF has plenty of talent on par wit FSU and will be right there with him. Yes, FSU has a better class this year, but they should with the UF coaching change. Watch out next year, with both Muschamp and Weis getting in all top recruits.

                              Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

                              Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                And dont even say that the guys they recruited last year wont fit the scheme. Talent is talent in college football, and most of those recruits were on defense anyway, where they will find a way to make the most of those guys

                                Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

                                Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information