Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Evolution" of College Football In Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Last time I checked, UF has the best QB in the state, and his name is Trey Burton.
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


    Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

    Comment


    • #92
      AND how can you be king if you have won one game out of the last 6 to your top rival? really? how can that be possible? i admit FSU is in much better shape now, but u guys r acting like UF is gunna go down the drain. UF is gunna promote being THE PIPELINE to the NFL, and thats going to attract all the top players.
      Last edited by proshoota25; 01-02-2011, 05:48 PM. Reason: grammar fail

      Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

      Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
        Last time I checked, UF has the best QB in the state, and his name is Trey Burton.
        UF has the #1 QB recruit in the COUNTRY coming in as well

        Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

        Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
          Last time I checked, UF has the best QB in the state, and his name is Trey Burton.
          I'm sorry but hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

          If he's the best QB in the state, why were they running a three QB system? Burton is a good athlete. Below Average QB.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
            I'm sorry but hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

            If he's the best QB in the state, why were they running a three QB system? Burton is a good athlete. Below Average QB.
            He was a freshman....

            ...and while you guys are tootin the horns of your recruiting class, UF is also bringing in the number 1 QB recruit in the nation this year.



            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
              He was a freshman....

              ...and while you guys are tootin the horns of your recruiting class, UF is also bringing in the number 1 QB recruit in the nation this year.
              Driskel is badly overrated.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                Driskel is badly overrated.
                He looks pretty nasty in all the film ive seen.



                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                  I'm sorry but hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

                  If he's the best QB in the state, why were they running a three QB system? Burton is a good athlete. Below Average QB.
                  Probably because he's 18 years old. And coaches want to protect their valuable investments. Case in point, BYU had Riley Nelson and Jake Heaps two-platooned so they wouldn't have their golden recruit (#1 QB in the country) injured before the valuable games in their schedule. Once Nelson got hurt, Heaps exploded. He would not of been as good down the stretch had he of been full time since day one. With Ponder graduating and Jacory Harris' recent play, there is no reason to believe that any QB in the state is better than Burton. Not even ya boy, EJ Manuel.
                  CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                  Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                  JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    Let's not act like it's the first time in recent memory that FSU landed a highly-touted class. The results for all that talent were badly underwhelming.
                    The difference here is with the coaching and improvement in recruiting rankings. There was a time when Rivals bumped players for going to FSU or having an offer from FSU, probably the best example of this is Budd Thacker. He wasn't a bad player, but never should have been more than a situational backup, he went from being a 2* when committed to VaTech to a 4* when he committed to FSU. Not to mention a lot of times players that lead to the ranking didn't even qualify, such as Dishon Platt and Callahan Bright. Others lacked work ethic (something Fisher would either change or cut them for) such as Fred Rouse and Xavier Lee.

                    Running Backs comprised a big number of our busts, Fisher has fixed that by hiring Eddie Gran who is considered one of the elite RB Coaches in the business.

                    Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                    You have the best recruiters in the state? Muschamp and Weiss have both been part of staffs that have brought in multiple top classes within the last few years, so i dont know if you have the edge on that.....That is not taking anything away from you guys.
                    Jimbo Fisher has always been a helluva recruiter, dating back to his time at LSU. Eddie Gran and James Coley are also former Recruiter of the Year candidates, not to mention Lawrence Dawsey (who was responsible for bringing Ryan Perrilloux to LSU).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                      He looks pretty nasty in all the film ive seen.
                      James Wilder will eat him.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                        He looks pretty nasty in all the film ive seen.
                        I agree there, but Braxton Miller is the #1 in my eyes, with Wittek as the #1 pro-style QB.
                        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                        Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                          Jimbo Fisher has always been a helluva recruiter, dating back to his time at LSU. Eddie Gran and James Coley are also former Recruiter of the Year candidates, not to mention Lawrence Dawsey (who was responsible for bringing Ryan Perrilloux to LSU).
                          Will Muschamp has been a helluva recruiter since his time at LSU, on the same staff. Hes been a helluva recruiter at Auburn, and Texas as well.

                          Weis has been a helluva recruiter since he stepped into the college game, and he will likely get BETTER talent at UF than he did at ND.



                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                            I agree there, but Braxton Miller is the #1 in my eyes, with Wittek as the #1 pro-style QB.
                            Im very fond of Miller as well, and he is prolly my number 1 as well....but i was just throwin that out there for them.



                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                              Probably because he's 18 years old. And coaches want to protect their valuable investments. Case in point, BYU had Riley Nelson and Jake Heaps two-platooned so they wouldn't have their golden recruit (#1 QB in the country) injured before the valuable games in their schedule. Once Nelson got hurt, Heaps exploded. He would not of been as good down the stretch had he of been full time since day one. With Ponder graduating and Jacory Harris' recent play, there is no reason to believe that any QB in the state is better than Burton. Not even ya boy, EJ Manuel.
                              No, they ran a 3 QB system because Brantley, Reed, and Burton are terrible QBs. And no, Burton is not better than EJ Manuel.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                James Wilder will eat him.
                                Wilder is playing running back.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information