X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49erNation85
    started a topic High School Under Armour game

High School Under Armour game

Is any one tuning into the see the new freshmen future kids of the College football ?Its on just any time.QB Driskle heads to Florida , gonna be interesting to see how this kid does . .

• JeffSamardzijaIRISH
    replied
    I sure hope Jeff Driskel is the next Jake Locker. FSU could use an inaccurate and indecisive QB to beat up on for 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• critesy
    replied
    Originally posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
    I could only stomach a little over a quarter of this game. And these guys are supposed to the be the best, the "all stars" of high school football?? And you can't say that it's just an NFL "pro bowl"-type of game, these are young, up-and-coming high school kids trying to make a mark, playing against peers regarded as the cream-of-the-crop.

If these are the "best" according to HS scouts, then the system is flawed beyond repair. I can find a team of better players from the state championship teams in Missouri alone.
    would love to see that missouri team of yours damm. i think they had like 4 days of practice.. maybe together.

Leave a comment:

• JPP90
    replied
    Braxton Miller, Keihl Frazier, Brett Hundley, Kendall Thompson...hell even Driskel runs like a mini Jake Locker. Is the pocket passer getting phased out of college football or what? What is the NFL gonna do when the entire landscape of college football is littered with dual threat, zone-read QBs? Haven't seen him play but I assume Lemay is a dual threat as well.

Leave a comment:

• brat316
    replied
    Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
    Taylor Mays was 230 coming out of high school. Lots of linebackers are only 200 lbs. or less coming out of high school. Depends on the player if he can maintain his speed an quickness at larger sizes.
    Yeah him and Landry were like freak athletes, he is good. But he doesn't have the speed or looks like to have the speed of those freak safeties. He was fast, but didn't look to have the loose hips. He just looked kinda stiff, when he was returning the ball.

Leave a comment:

• BuddyCHRIST
    replied
    Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    He is what 6'2, 210? I can't see him staying at that weight. He is gonna get bigger, unless he is one of those guys that can't get bigger no matter what.
    He's going to play safety, both of our safeties now are 220+.

Leave a comment:

• MassNole
    replied
    He is what 6'2, 210? I can't see him staying at that weight. He is gonna get bigger, unless he is one of those guys that can't get bigger no matter what.
    Not an issue with FSU's S&C program. But remember FSU also plays a 230lb Rover in Nick Moody.

Leave a comment:

• keylime_5
    replied
    Taylor Mays was 230 coming out of high school. Lots of linebackers are only 200 lbs. or less coming out of high school. Depends on the player if he can maintain his speed an quickness at larger sizes.

Leave a comment:

• brat316
    replied
    Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
    How so????

Leave a comment:

• MassNole
    replied
    He is gonna be a LB.
    He isn't his brother, he will be a DB even though WR may be his best position.

Leave a comment:

• iowatreat54
    replied
    Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
    Troy Smith. Miller is very simliar to Smith too. A pocket passer who can run and be a spread, run first QB if he has to because he so ridiculously athletic. But if you watch any Braxton Miller game (especially the state championship game vs St.Edwards) you see that he already has a great arm and can make any throw on the money and is incredible throwing on the run. Miller already throws the short passes better than Pryor too, which is kinda funny. Don't judge the kid on playing 2 series in a high school all-star game during which Jadeveon Clowney was in his face every single snap.
    If this were actually the criteria for judging QBs, there are going to be some awful QBs in the SEC for the next 3 years...

(assuming he chooses USCe)

Leave a comment:

• MizzouBig12
    replied
    I could only stomach a little over a quarter of this game. And these guys are supposed to the be the best, the "all stars" of high school football?? And you can't say that it's just an NFL "pro bowl"-type of game, these are young, up-and-coming high school kids trying to make a mark, playing against peers regarded as the cream-of-the-crop.

If these are the "best" according to HS scouts, then the system is flawed beyond repair. I can find a team of better players from the state championship teams in Missouri alone.

Leave a comment:

• BigJohn98
    replied
    He is gonna be a LB.
    How so????

Leave a comment:

• brat316
    replied
    Karlos Williams. Remember the name.
    He is gonna be a LB.

Leave a comment:

• keylime_5
    replied
    Karlos Williams. Remember the name.
    looked like a college junior out there. FSU's secondary is gonna be really scary in the next couple of years with him, Joyner, and those other guys.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information