The 2011 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    OSU fans...a certain entertaining Illinois fan on the interwebz has proclaimed that Illinois overall OL talent and depth is just as good as OSU's going forward.

Discuss.
    I can't really say as I don't know how good the Illini line is. I only pay attention to the good teams in the conference. However, I do think that for a big time school like OSU, their OL depth and quality is lacking. I'd put them at #3-#5 or so in the B1G. Wisconsin, Iowa, and PSU all have quality OL. And now with Nebraska in the fold, that mixes things up as well.

So it's quite possible.

Comment

• Dude we've got 5 or 6 scholarship OL players available for the first 5 games of the season. One or two injuries and our self-proclaimed sick stable of running backs is completely negated.

If Carter gets cleared of his butt-rape charges can he be cleared to be offered? O-line depth scurrz me lotz. But hey, we're stacked at linebacker.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

• Rich Rodriguez summed up in two sentences

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=6112303

In the fall of 2008, Clowney's sophomore year, then-Michigan assistant coach Tony Gibson was recruiting [CB Stephon] Gilmore. The Wolverines wanted him as a quarterback to run their zone read in Ann Arbor.
        Let's recruit one of the top corners in the country- AND PUT HIM ON OFFENSE!

Comment

• Sniper, do you have access to the Lions forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
            Sniper, do you have access to the Lions forum?
            I still do not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              I still do not.
              I'll see what I can do.

I want to keep an updated recruiting board in the Michigan thread and I would really appreciate if you and ironman could post updates if you guys come across new offers or interested prospects.

Comment

• Just throwing this out there, but it looks like Illinois will have another 1st round draft pick in the draft. Could this be a sign that the Zooker is turning the program around, just at a VERY slow pace? I'm an Illini homer so I'm very bias towards having faith in the Illini. It seems that I can play with just about anybody in the B1G, but have a bad habit of not playing well in the 2nd half, esp. in the 4th qrt.

What's everyone else think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Camazing5 View Post
                  Just throwing this out there, but it looks like Illinois will have another 1st round draft pick in the draft. Could this be a sign that the Zooker is turning the program around, just at a VERY slow pace?
                  He went 7-6 and lost to Rich Rod, so no.

It seems that I can play with just about anybody in the B1G, but have a bad habit of not playing well in the 2nd half, esp. in the 4th qrt.
                  Good teams and teams that have turned around play well in the second half, especially the fourth quarter.

Comment

• It's a sign that Zook can recruit talented players and then completely underachieve with them.

So, no, more of them same.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      It's a sign that Zook can recruit talented players and then completely underachieve with them.

So, no, more of them same.
                      Basically. Zook is a fantastic recruiter. But the fact that he has continually brought some top talent in and isn't even a .500 coach really shows that he can't develop or coach worth a lick.

He does have some good coordinators now, but they still need to prove that they can succeed based on actual gameplanning and not just getting by on shear tallent.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...cted-to-return

Purdue running back Al-Terek McBurse isn't expected to return to the team for the 2011 season, coach Danny Hope told The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier on Thursday.

A team spokesman confirmed that McBurse hasn't been participating in winter workouts the past few weeks but remains enrolled in school. McBurse entered the 2010 season as Purdue's top running back but missed two games with a toe injury and slipped behind Dan Dierking and others on the depth chart. He finished the year with 189 rush yards and a touchdown on 22 carries and added five receptions for 30 yards.
                        and...

Meanwhile, there's still no word from the NCAA on whether All-Big Ten receiver Keith Smith will receive a sixth year of eligibility. Last week, NFL.com reported that Smith would get an answer from the NCAA on Monday, but Hope told the Journal and Courier that no decision has been finalized.

Comment

• Because I'm bored and never get to be on here anymore because of work...

Yep...but I honestly believe it. I don't think the Illini are that far away from a national championship...if you look at the overall scheme of things, Zook and this staff have really built a team. Liuget, Leshoure and Tez left, but there is a lot coming back and a lot coming in. The 2012 class could be the class that puts them over the top if they can add a couple of true instant impact, superstar type of players.

Comment

Because I'm bored and never get to be on here anymore because of work...
                            Who the hell said that?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                              Who the hell said that?
                              2 guesses, most should only need 1. It's not a writer or coach or anything like that..

Comment

2 guesses, most should only need 1. It's not a writer or coach or anything like that..
                                I'll take ThaKid/bigbenn for $500, Alex.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information