The 2011 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
    Check out this late cheap shot Arky mofo try to take Heyward out.

Grayson should get his ass kicked. Apparently he's done this before.
    Yeah, that sucked. Either way, Heyward, taking those shots and working through those holes showed how much of an animal he can really be.

We have no one that can play like him for next year.

How do you guys think our DL will look?

DE: Williams
    DT: Hankerson
    DT:Simon
    DE: Newsome? Durham? Where will Bellamy get his snaps? We've a lot of youth here. Talented indeed, but young.

Our defense is about to go through a big makeover. Dorant Grant and Dom Clarke will battle for time opposite Howard at CB I think.

I hope Guiton or Taylor Grahm get the nod over Bauserman.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

Iowa City is apparently the new center for the most musically gifted people...

Just the latest in the long line of recent awesome Iowa music/music videos.

Comment

Not confirmed but there are rumblings that Miles could be Michigan's coach within the next day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
          Check out this late cheap shot Arky mofo try to take Heyward out.

Grayson should get his ass kicked. Apparently he's done this before.
          That's completely bush league crap. Can't believe that. Saw it live, but I thought he was on the ground anyway. Complete intent to injure there....Good thing it didn't amount to anything serious.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
              Not confirmed but there are rumblings that Miles could be Michigan's coach within the next day or two.
              My guess is, not happening. The rumblings seem to be coming from LSU message boards, while LSU's players are saying no chance he goes. Neither is really a great source. I'd say at this point there's about as much chance of Brady Hoke as Les Miles.

Originally posted by Jakey
              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
                Yeah, that sucked. Either way, Heyward, taking those shots and working through those holes showed how much of an animal he can really be.

We have no one that can play like him for next year.

How do you guys think our DL will look?

DE: Williams
                DT: Hankerson
                DT:Simon
                DE: Newsome? Durham? Where will Bellamy get his snaps? We've a lot of youth here. Talented indeed, but young.

Our defense is about to go through a big makeover. Dorant Grant and Dom Clarke will battle for time opposite Howard at CB I think.

I hope Guiton or Taylor Grahm get the nod over Bauserman.

LEO-Nathan Williams
                DT-John Simon
                DT-Johnathan Hankins
                DE-Keith Wells (transfers back in the spring)

I think Adam Bellamy might start at the DE opposite Williams since we run an odd front (43 over or straight 34) a lot of the time, especially if Wells is in the doghouse or out of shape or something. Bellamy and Garrett Goebel will play a lot at DE and DT that's for sure.

I think Dionte Allen from Florida State might start opposite Howard at CB, but it could be Clarke who knows.

I hope Braxton Miller tears it up this spring and summer and beats out Bauserman and Guiton for the QB job. No one knows how good Graham is, he missed most of his senior year with injury and most of his freshman year here with injury. Seems like Tressel would put in a runner like Guiton or Miller before he puts out a green QB like Graham who is solely a pocket passer.

We lose a lot on defense (Hines, Heyward, Rolle, Homan, Chekwa, Torrence, Gant, Larimore) but we'll still be really awesome on that side of the ball next year, that's how awesome Tressel is. Barnett and Moeller come back from injury, Sabino takes off his redshirt, Sweat moves to WLB where he will dominate, and either Storm Klein or Dorian Bell step into the 3rd LB spot. Howard and Bryant and Hankins all looked like they are ready to start as well based on their play this year.
                Last edited by keylime_5; 01-08-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Hopefully PSU gets a very good OL coach because they have some very nice talent to work with in the next few years.

Comment

Dionte Allen is awful.

Comment

hoping beyond hope that LeShoure, Luiget, or Wilson stick around for their Senior season (really hoping all 3 do but that's fantasy land).

Illinois will always be a "middle of the pack"...so all we really want are bowl games and signs of improvement. Illinois is never gonna compete for the Big 10 title (we may get lucky here or there but it'll never be consistent)...so as long as we can get some good recruits in here and be competitive...that's all any Illini fan can realistically hope for.

Hoping for a 9-3 or 8-4 season

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        Dionte Allen is awful.
                        sour grapes much sniper? :D

seriously though, the coaches loved him when he was a recruit because his skills were a perfect fit for what we like to do on defense so maybe they can rekindle some kind of fire out of him as a 5th year senior. They say he looked good in practice this year on the scout team. At worst he'll provide more competition with guys like Dominic Clarke, Bradley Roby, and Doran Grant for that open starting corner spot opposite Travis Howard.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                          sour grapes much sniper? :D
                          No, not at all. I watched him play at FSU- he's not good.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                            My guess is, not happening. The rumblings seem to be coming from LSU message boards, while LSU's players are saying no chance he goes. Neither is really a great source. I'd say at this point there's about as much chance of Brady Hoke as Les Miles.
                            I hate quoting myself, but I'm definately backing off this statement, at least the "not happening" part. Miles to Michigan seems to be picking up speed, as a rumor at least.

Originally posted by Jakey
                            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              That's completely bush league crap. Can't believe that. Saw it live, but I thought he was on the ground anyway. Complete intent to injure there....Good thing it didn't amount to anything serious.
                              happened right after halftime, too. I wonder if he got any instruction from Arky's staff to take Heyward out.

(I don't really "wonder")

Comment

I thought this was interesting for you Michigan fans. From a Bruce Feldman article:

For the past three years I have been granted unfettered access to the Michigan football program, from the meeting room to the locker room, to write a book about what I've seen. I thought I knew college football, and particularly Michigan football, as well as anyone. But after three years of seeing everything up close, I can tell you this unequivocally: I had no idea.
                                • If the tenure of Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez, who was fired Wednesday, looked chaotic to outsiders, it appeared positively crazy from the inside.
                                In this story, Bacon talks about how Michigan had offered the coaching job to Greg Schiano, but he turned it down, so they turned to Rodriguez. A source I have once told me that Schiano regretted that decision right after he made it and frantically tried to get back in on the Wolverines job, but it was too late. Rodriguez had jumped at it. I'm curious about whether things would have been different in the Big East and the Big Ten if he had taken it instead of Rodriguez.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information