The 2011 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
    everybody says Hoke adapts to his players. He ran a 4-3 at Ball State but let Rocky Long run a 3-3-5 at SDSU. We'll see.
    Wait, he lets his DC actually choose what defense he runs? What a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Wait, he lets his DC actually choose what defense he runs? What a loser.
      yeah it's a novel concept. Another thing I'm seeing/hearing is Hoke wants his teams to be physical and disciplined.

Comment

yeah it's a novel concept. Another thing I'm seeing/hearing is Hoke wants his teams to be physical and disciplined.
        We can't be having that. Next thing you're going to tell me is that he doesn't want them to fumble.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          So what do those of infinite wisdom over at mgoblog have to say about this blasphemous act of replacing richrod?
          MGoBlog is currently down (the message boards at least). But here is a quote from GBW:

This in a thread titles "early 2011 win projection":
          1-11 with Hoke

12-1 if Rich was still here

Comment

Braylon tweeted this

All current players, students, faculty & all of my fellow alumnus we need to unite, stand by him, be patient, & support him! #GoBlue

So far I know for a fact that Ron Bellamy, Dan Dierdorf, Braylon, Dhani Jones, Mike Hart, and Rich Eisen have all been open about being thrilled with the hire with Woodson, Brady, and Griese all being said to be thrilled with the hire.

Comment

San Diego State's kicker this year- 17/22, 54/56 XP.
              Scoring defense: 36th.
              Passing defense: 38th.
              Rushing defense: 58th.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                San Diego State's kicker this year- 17/22, 54/56 XP.
                Scoring defense: 36th.
                Passing defense: 38th.
                Rushing defense: 58th.
                somebody on Rivals said that SDSUs ST coach was coming to Michigan, but no idea if true.

Supposedly DeAnthony Arnett tweeted that Brady Hoke gave him a call, and there are rumors he has also called Anthony Zettel

Comment

Braylon tweeted this

All current players, students, faculty & all of my fellow alumnus we need to unite, stand by him, be patient, & support him! #GoBlue

So far I know for a fact that Ron Bellamy, Dan Dierdorf, Braylon, Dhani Jones, Mike Hart, and Rich Eisen have all been open about being thrilled with the hire with Woodson, Brady, and Griese all being said to be thrilled with the hire.
                  Who are all those scrubs? KEEP RICH RODZZZZZ!

I really, really like the hire and I may like it even more depending on what his staff looks like.

Comment

not for sure, but here is the RUMORED Brady Hoke Coaching Staff (again RUMORED)

OC- Al Borges
                    DC or Secondary- Jon Hoke
                    QB- Scot Loeffler
                    RB-DeAndre Smith
                    WR- Erik Campbell
                    TE/ST-Dan Ferrigno
                    DL-Keith Gilmore
                    S&C-Aaron Wellman

Once again, this is all based on rumblings, but it sounds VERY VERY likely that Forrigno, Gilmore, and Smith are coming

Comment

Soup is ours. No trade backs.

Comment

I'm fine with the hire, and I'll be really happy if the staff looks good. I'll miss Fred Jackson's hyperbole though.

Originally posted by Jakey
                        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          I wanted to post this here, because the guys at GBW will not appreciate it and will probably rip me for posting it. I know guys like Sniper and ironman will appreciate it.
                          You can post any facts you want, and the GBW and MBgoblog guys will quote you yards per game numbers. It doesn't matter what anyone says to them, because they have become Rodriguez disciples and worship at the altar of the spread.

You'll notice that all of Brian's potential coaching candidates were spread guys. They seem to feel that the only way to win in college football is with the offense that beat you a few times during Carr's tenure. I think you would have had a tough time finding any pro style coach that they would have been happy about.

Hell, they even try and turn non spread teams into spread teams to justify why it's better. According to some Mgoer's (even Brian has perpetuated this), Ohio State runs a spread, as does Penn State. I saw one guy who argued that every time a QB was in shotgun it was a spread.

There's been several posts like "Pro style just means "not good enough"" or "Well, I guess that means back to pro style, ie. boring football." I'm sorry, would you rather win 17-10 or lose 47-45? For me, winning is exciting. Great defense is exciting. Sending a bunch of guys to the NFL is exciting. And the not good enough part is equally as stupid. I'm pretty sure that a good half of the past 11-12 national champios have run a pro style offense.

It's just ridiculous. Even though I know it won't happen, I'd love to see Michigan win 10+ games next year so they can choke on it really.

Originally posted by Jakey
                          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                            I'm fine with the hire, and I'll be really happy if the staff looks good. I'll miss Fred Jackson's hyperbole though.
                            Sounds like Jackson will have a job. Those were all names Rivals said have been linked to Michigan. But it is all but confirmed that Borges wants to come to Michigan as well.

Lastest news is Brandon is letting Hoke hire whoever he wants. He will bring some SDSU guys, but will also bring in guys with a ties to Michigan.

Oh and sounds like Tate is leaving

Comment

LB Dorian Bell suspended 2 games for the reefer. Already served one game of that suspension so far at the Sugar Bowl, will sit out against Akron this September too. C'mon Dorian, that's not way to compete for a starting job.

Comment

So we're doing the depth chart thing already? New thread magic!

QB- Marqueis Gray, Junior
                                RB- Deleon Eskridge, Senior
                                FB- Ed Cotton, Junior
                                WR- Da'Jon McKnight, Senior
                                WR- Brandon Green, Junior
                                TE- Eric Lair, Senior
                                T- Ed Olson Jr., Sophmore
                                G- Chris Bunders, Senior
                                C- Ryan Wynn, Senior
                                G- Ryan Orton, Senior
                                T- Jimmy Gjere, Freshman

DE- Anthony Jacobs, Senior
                                DT- Brandon Kirksey, Senior
                                DT- Jewhan Edwards, Senior
                                DE- Kendall Gregory McGhee, Sophmore
                                LB-Gary Tinsley, Senior
                                LB- Keanon Cooper, Junior
                                LB- Mike Rallis, Junior
                                CB- Troy Stoudermire, Senior
                                CB- Michael Carter, Junior
                                S- Chrystan Lewis, Senior
                                S- James Manuel, Sophmore

Things could certainly change with the new coaching staff, but that's a surprising amount of experience.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information