Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Auburn are the National Champs.... for now.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They won't ever strip it, because the NCAA ruled him eligible. After Auburn asked the NCAA to look into it, they ruled him eligible. That will count for something, even if more info is found later.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

It is however funny how he WAS declared ineligible at some point, even in the briefest of time frames, there was still that doubt. I don't believe they will ever be stripped either but, in this day in age with all these black marks, anything will be scrutinized.

Comment

The thread author:

Comment

Originally posted by FordFairlane View Post
          Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
          I, personally, don't like Auburn. I don't like the SEC. BUT in the manner in which these things are determined by the BCS, they ARE (and will be) the 2010-2011 National Champions. Deal with it.

Comment

Kind of anticlimactic end of the game, last second FG. Yawwwwn.

It looked like a defensive struggle strangely enough at the start, mistakes in coverage led to the early scores. Neither team was dominant or looked like a champion, both teams made major mistakes, dropped passes, turnovers, penalties, etc. Not crisply coached teams by any stretch.

If there was a difference in the game it was the Auburn front 4, Oregon has not excuse for failure to block them. Auburns previous 2 opponents talked about them to ESPN at length in the wks. before, the Ducks had plenty of time to prepare. The Oregon 3rd & goal where the QB failed to handoff was the single most costly play IMO, got 3 points instead of a sure TD, Fairley came in unblocked.
            Last edited by LizardState; 01-13-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

You're not going to get a mistake free game when the teams have like 5 months of off time before the game.

Comment

The thing that pisses me off most (even more than the fact that Scam Newton was allowed to play.) is the terrible call on the reviewed play of what would have been Newton's second interception. The Oregon player had a foot down right when he caught it. Even if he hadn't, he also put his hand down. But instant replay in the NCAA is terrible, so they got the pick wrong and Auburn scores a TD soon after. Completely different outcome if Auburn doesn't get that TD.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                Bortlezzzzzzz
                Originally posted by Monomach
                Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
                  The thing that pisses me off most (even more than the fact that Scam Newton was allowed to play.) is the terrible call on the reviewed play of what would have been Newton's second interception. The Oregon player had a foot down right when he caught it. Even if he hadn't, he also put his hand down. But instant replay in the NCAA is terrible, so they got the pick wrong and Auburn scores a TD soon after. Completely different outcome if Auburn doesn't get that TD.
                  call on the field was incomplete and the foot down was too close to determine and overturn and a hand does not count. (and he bobbled it outta bounds)

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

All its going to take is someone wanting to make a name for themselves deciding to reveal how much Auburn paid for Newton's services and that will be the end of Auburn's title and Newton's Heisman. I wonder if they confiscate the rings too. Of course by that time Newton wil have already sold his to Terrelle Pryor.

Comment

Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
                      Don't feel bad for Auburn football. Feel bad for everyone with a degree from Auburn. Guess the next question will be does he have what it takes to beat Vince Young in the wonderlic...
                      He's gonna be a darling in the interviews at the Combine. Hopefully they don't ask him to tie his shoes or write a complete sentence...stick to running and flicking that football around.

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                        He's gonna be a darling in the interviews at the Combine. Hopefully they don't ask him to tie his shoes or write a complete sentence...stick to running and flicking that football around.
                        i guarantee he owns the interviews and teams fall in love with him.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                          All its going to take is someone wanting to make a name for themselves deciding to reveal how much Auburn paid for Newton's services and that will be the end of Auburn's title and Newton's Heisman. I wonder if they confiscate the rings too. Of course by that time Newton wil have already sold his to Terrelle Pryor.

But that doesn't make Auburn not better than everyone else at football.
                          Originally posted by SNIPER26
                          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Just you guys wait; the FBI is teaming up with the CIA to unearth the truth in this scenario. They got their best men on it....I heard Jason Bourne has been running wiretaps for 6 months now.

Comment

You're ignorant if you think Auburn is the only teams breaking rules. You're just mad because Auburn was the best at it this year. If Auburn finished the season with 2 losses and ranked 7th, you wouldn't care about how much they cheated.

Comment

Originally posted by critesy View Post
                                i guarantee he owns the interviews and teams fall in love with him.
                                Yeah he's got that con artist charm about him. You've gotta love that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information