Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
    They could go 5-0 and I think Tressel will give the job back to Pryor. He is clearly a better passer than Pryor from watching his little action in the Under Armour game but he's still a big project and they don't tend to coach up QBs at Ohio State. At least he gets some zip on the ball unlike Pryor. Pryor had to be the biggest fraud in college football history considering all the hoopla surrounding his recruitment.
    he's not all that bad considering he won a Rose Bowl MVP, a Sugar Bowl MVP, and had 3000+ yards and 30+ TDs as a junior.

Braxton is definitely a better pure passer coming out of high school than Pryor though. Great arm and can make all the throws.

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
      Uh, I'm pretty sure you guys don't realize who will be starting week one.

It will be the man, the myth, the LEGEND:

JOE BAUSERMAN!
      Bauserman for Heisman.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I really hope its Guiton starting week 1. Bauserman is god awful, and I don't wanna see Miller go against Miami and Michigan State as a true freshman.

It'll be interesting to see who Tressel decides to go with.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
          Braxton Miller will start his college career with a 2-1 record......and he ain't losing to either Akron or Toledo.
          So Miami is losing Brandon Harris, Allen Bailey, Leonard Hankerson, Colin McCarthy, Orlando Franklin, so on and so forth as well as changing defensive schemes, but they are going to beat Ohio State, which took them apart last year and is losing less?

Meh... I guess it could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
            So Miami is losing Brandon Harris, Allen Bailey, Leonard Hankerson, Colin McCarthy, Orlando Franklin, so on and so forth as well as changing defensive schemes, but they are going to beat Ohio State, which took them apart last year and is losing less?

Well, the game is in Miami and if Jacory Harris (or Stephen Morris if he's starting) doesn't give the game away, it could go either way.

EDIT: How is Ohio State losing less? They'll be playing the game without Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams, and Thomas. That's five offensive starters and a guy who gets significant snaps on the defensive line. They also lose their two starting guards to the NFL. On defense they're losing their best player in Cam Heyward, another defensive lineman, two starting linebackers, and both of their corners.
            Last edited by P-L; 01-14-2011, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I think our defense is gonna have a feast in that game.
              Last edited by keylime_5; 01-17-2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                Well, the game is in Miami and if Jacory Harris (or Stephen Morris if he's starting) doesn't give the game away, it could go either way.

EDIT: How is Ohio State losing less? They'll be playing the game without Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams, and Thomas. That's five offensive starters and a guy who gets significant snaps on the defensive line. They also lose their two starting guards to the NFL. On defense they're losing their best player in Cam Heyward, another defensive lineman, two starting linebackers, and both of their corners.
                Terrelle Pryor is not very good. Boom Herron has to be replaced if the Buckeyes have any hopes of doing anything in terms of a National Title. Herron is a rotational back. Adams is a loss, but he still has not had the light go on. Losing Posey sucks. Solomon Thomas? Meh. Losing Boren sucks, but I will definitely not miss Browning and his concrete shoes.

Losing Heyward sucks and you don't replace a Cameron Heyward, but the Buckeyes have plenty of linebackers and their corners were not terribly good. Chekwa was alright.

Comment

Terrelle Pryor is not very good.
                  This is silly. TP is not a world beater, but he is good. He will be sorely missed, barring an out of nowhere performance by Guiton or Miller.

Comment

I will be surprised if we don't struggle mightily to pass the ball without Pryor. We have to be able to run the ball even when the defense knows what we're doing in order to be successful on offense consistently against the likes or Miami and Michigan State.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how we try to move the ball without Pryor. Not only Pryor, but the top two receivers. A heavy dose of Hall and Barry is the only thing that we'll have going for us on offense. And if a passing game can't develop, it should be easy enough to stop.

I don't ever worry too much about losing players on defense, especially in the front 7. Seems like theres always talent just waiting to step up and take over. The losses in the secondary scare me a lot, already an area where the defense was thin.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                        It'll be interesting to see how we try to move the ball without Pryor. Not only Pryor, but the top two receivers. A heavy dose of Hall and Barry is the only thing that we'll have going for us on offense. And if a passing game can't develop, it should be easy enough to stop.

I don't ever worry too much about losing players on defense, especially in the front 7. Seems like theres always talent just waiting to step up and take over. The losses in the secondary scare me a lot, already an area where the defense was thin.
                        Yeah the DB situation is up in the air. Also, Rod Smith is going to get a lot of PT at RB.

Still, like keylime said, we are going to be screwed because there will likely be very little passing threat. Load the box and challenge them to throw.

Old school Tressel ball gives me heartburn.

Comment

I will be worried about the DBs if we sustain even half as many injuries there as we did this past season. We get Moeller and Barnett back plus Howard and Bryant who looked really good last year, and OJ Johnson returns at strong safety. More injuries would make our secondary very vulnerable.

Comment

Terrelle Pryor is not very good. Boom Herron has to be replaced if the Buckeyes have any hopes of doing anything in terms of a National Title. Herron is a rotational back. Adams is a loss, but he still has not had the light go on. Losing Posey sucks. Solomon Thomas? Meh. Losing Boren sucks, but I will definitely not miss Browning and his concrete shoes.

Losing Heyward sucks and you don't replace a Cameron Heyward, but the Buckeyes have plenty of linebackers and their corners were not terribly good. Chekwa was alright.
                            I'm sorry, but I'm not yet convinced that the guys behind all those starters on the depth chart are going to come in next year and out-perform them right away. Guys like Browning, Chekwa, Torrence, etc. may not have been all that great but next year, starting in their places, are going to be guys who weren't good enough to start over them this past year. Almost never does a team replace 12 starters without some sort of decline, at least early on in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                              I'm sorry, but I'm not yet convinced that the guys behind all those starters on the depth chart are going to come in next year and out-perform them right away. Guys like Browning, Chekwa, Torrence, etc. may not have been all that great but next year, starting in their places, are going to be guys who weren't good enough to start over them this past year. Almost never does a team replace 12 starters without some sort of decline, at least early on in the season.

Which may happen against Miami for sure. But for the Big Ten, I'm not AS worried. MSU will be a test for sure, but the young guys played alright in the Bowl Game needing to step up. It shall be interesting.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                                wouldnt that be the greatest thing ever? He can come over to USC....i wont mind.
                                Yes it would be funny, but why USC? So he can give a water bottle to Barkley?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information