Texas gets own network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Texas couldn't care less about the Big 12. If the Big 12 folded they could easily be an independent with the revenue they'll have coming in now.
    That or jump to any conference they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Okay, I'm not sure why people think that the only college sport played is college football, but an Oklahoma move to the Big East would be ******* moronic. Let's repeat- there are other sports besides college football. All that traveling is ******* stupid. It's ******* stupid for TCU and it's ******* stupid for Oklahoma.
      Now who's being sarcastic?

My point was that usually WINNING teams are rewarded with their own networks, as ND was with NBC a few yrs. back. Now that the Golden Domers are at best mediocre you don't see networks signing or re-signing them up.

Perhaps if you'd lived in Texas most of life like I have or like Brent does & seen firsthand the unbelievable knobslobber media attention given by every outlet to the iconic, infallible, & godlike Texas program you would have a negative reaction to it as well. I'll cheerfully stir that pot anytime. No school gets a sore arm from patting itself on the back quite like Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post

My point was that usually WINNING teams are rewarded with their own networks, as ND was with NBC a few yrs. back. Now that the Golden Domers are at best mediocre you don't see networks signing or re-signing them up.

Perhaps if you'd lived in Texas most of life like I have or like Brent does & seen firsthand the unbelievable knobslobber media attention given by every outlet to the iconic, infallible, & godlike Texas program you would have a negative reaction to it as well. I'll cheerfully stir that pot anytime. No school gets a sore arm from patting itself on the back quite like Texas.
        I would consider 13 losing seasons in 118 years might constitute as a winning program, not to mention the accomplishments and visibility of their athletics outside of football.

Cherry picking their first losing season in 13 years as why they don't deserve their own network because "winning teams are rewarded with their own network" is not a good argument.

And yea, I don't get exposed to Texas and the Texas media slobbing all over them, but just because that annoys you or you dislike their program doesn't take away from the fact that they are one of if not the most profitable athletic program in the entire country, and are pretty good at more than just football.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          I would consider 13 losing seasons in 118 years might constitute as a winning program, not to mention the accomplishments and visibility of their athletics outside of football.

Cherry picking their first losing season in 13 years as why they don't deserve their own network because "winning teams are rewarded with their own network" is not a good argument.

And yea, I don't get exposed to Texas and the Texas media slobbing all over them, but just because that annoys you or you dislike their program doesn't take away from the fact that they are one of if not the most profitable athletic program in the entire country, and are pretty good at more than just football.
          This pretty much sums it up. While I didn't like seeing UT suck, I did like getting the Horn fans to **** about OSU. It is true that Texas fans are in their own little reality bubble.

Many of them think the school is on par with an Ivy League education. They also think their football team is untouchable. Which is why it's good for fans of all schools and sports programs to get their inflated worldviews rocked a bit from time to time.

UT is a great and profitable sports program. It's also a good school. Do think that they shouldn't work out this deal because of one losing season in football is a joke.

Comment

Haha and now Oklahoma wants to start its own network too. What fun.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
              Haha and now Oklahoma wants to start its own network too. What fun.
              Oklahoma's network wouldn't make 10 percent of what UT's would.

Comment

So you're taking one bad year and using it to justify why Texas shouldn't get its own network? That's right up your alley in terms of logic.

And no school makes as much annually as Texas does, either. So yeah, it would make sense that the school that brings in the most cash would get its own network as they're patting themselves on the back with $100 bills.

Comment

No I'm saying Texas is too arrogant to deserve its own network. Reading comprehension, pay attention.

Actually in terms of total athletic dept. budget size Texas & Stanford have been alternating nos. 1 & 2 through most of the last couple of decades.

Comment

No I'm saying Texas is too arrogant to deserve its own network. Reading comprehension, pay attention.
                    Arrogance has nothing to do with it besides you saying, "hey look everyone, I'm from Texas and I don't like UT". If they can bring in the money, no one really cares about their arrogance.

Comment

My point was that usually WINNING teams are rewarded with their own networks
                      So now Texas is a losing program because of 1 down season? Really, we want to grade this off of 1 season? I know it's obvious you hate Texas and have to live here but at least be realistic.

Who at Texas is too arrogant? A few friends that come over your house for parties that are Texas fans? "Texas" is a very vague word and you toss it around like there's something substantial there other then you throwing a hissy fit for no reason. You could have taken a small jab and moved on but you sound mad, and then have to make up reasons to talk ****.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information