Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Tech cancels 2011 game with TCU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Texas Tech cancels 2011 game with TCU

    Sources: Texas Tech drops TCU from 2011 college football schedule - ESPN Dallas

    Not the first time he's backed out of a game last minute when he knew he'd be taking a beating.

  • #2
    Originally posted by MassNole View Post
    Sources: Texas Tech drops TCU from 2011 college football schedule - ESPN Dallas

    Not the first time he's backed out of a game last minute when he knew he'd be taking a beating.
    They pulled out to make room for a 9th Big XII game. They kept games with New Mexico and Nevada and while playing TCU would be tougher than either one of those two it doesn't surprise me that they pulled out one bit.

    Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

    Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

    Comment


    • #3
      Article says that TCU has an open date now to fill. I wonder if they will sign a national power w/ an 11-game schedule & also an open date....

      Notre Dame anyone? Don't they always play an 11-game schedule?

      Comment


      • #4
        http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colle...ack-coach-fran

        They're filling their spot with T-State. ******* pathetic.

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          Article says that TCU has an open date now to fill. I wonder if they will sign a national power w/ an 11-game schedule & also an open date....

          Notre Dame anyone? Don't they always play an 11-game schedule?
          LOL @ TTU. Then, again, TCU backed out of going to OSU a couple of years ago. It happens.

          BTW, there are rumors that OSU and Bama are going to set up a home/home in a couple of years. Cal is supposedly backing out of their series with OSU, so if the rumors are true, it's likely 2012/2013.

          That would be awlsum.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
            BTW, there are rumors that OSU and Bama are going to set up a home/home in a couple of years. Cal is supposedly backing out of their series with OSU, so if the rumors are true, it's likely 2012/2013.

            That would be awlsum.
            Ohio St = OSU?

            Maybe not in 2012, Bama signed to open 2012 with a 12th game vs. Michigan at a neutral site.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LizardState View Post
              Ohio St = OSU?

              Maybe not in 2012, Bama signed to open 2012 with a 12th game vs. Michigan at a neutral site.
              Yes. Ohio State.

              Maybe 2013 and 14 then, not sure. The rumor on the ozone messageboard was "sooner than you'd think".

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                Yes. Ohio State.

                Maybe 2013 and 14 then, not sure. The rumor on the ozone messageboard was "sooner than you'd think".
                Nope, 2014 is Virginia Tech for tOSU. If Cal pulls out, it is 2012-2013 or you are waiting until 2022.


                Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

                Comment


                • #9
                  OSU has their major home and homes set for awhile. Iirc they have Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, but that one looks weak now.

                  Id love to see the replace cal with a huge game for 2012-2013, but I doubt it happens. Seems like those things don't happen too often on short notice.

                  Here we go

                  http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/f...ate_future.htm
                  Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 01-22-2011, 07:31 AM.

                  Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    They pulled out to make room for a 9th Big XII game. They kept games with New Mexico and Nevada and while playing TCU would be tougher than either one of those two it doesn't surprise me that they pulled out one bit.
                    Tubs has a history of this type of chicken like behavior dating back to 1999 when Auburn dropped FSU at the last minute now two straight years to TCU. If you don't want to play the best of the best then you shouldn't be a coach.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                      OSU has their major home and homes set for awhile. Iirc they have Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, but that one looks weak now.

                      Id love to see the replace cal with a huge game for 2012-2013, but I doubt it happens. Seems like those things don't happen too often on short notice.

                      Here we go

                      http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/f...ate_future.htm
                      Yeah, I know the problems. I was just passing on the rumors. 2012 and 2013 seems the most likely (if the rumor becomes reality). With Bama either dropping UM or playing OSU in addition.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X

                      Debug Information