No announcement yet.

The 2011 SEC Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT's Athletic Director Mike Hamilton resigns just before the university's meeting with the NCAA Committee on Infractions this weekend.

Mike Hamilton Resigns - VolNation

It'd be neat if Fulmer were the next AD, but I'm not sure if he's qualified to oversee all sports.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      UT's Athletic Director Mike Hamilton resigns just before the university's meeting with the NCAA Committee on Infractions this weekend.

Mike Hamilton Resigns - VolNation

It'd be neat if Fulmer were the next AD, but I'm not sure if he's qualified to oversee all sports.
      I think Fulmer would be a great hire for Tennessee. Hamilton ran UT sports to **** and they need someone with a clean image to take over and whose well liked by the fan base.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

My dad wants Charles Davis to be the new AD so badly for some reason. Personally I don't really care cause I don't keep up with financials at all.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Fulmer would be a huge PR boost, IMO.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Phillip Fulmer open to discussing post - ESPN

Also, there are rumors swirling that Vols DT Montori Hughes has been dismissed from the team. He was a starter last year.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I just found out that Auburn won the Fulmer Cup, barring an entire team raping and murdering a prostitute.

Originally posted by EDSBS
              Four Auburn football players have been charged with five counts each of first degree robbery, one count each of first degree burglary, and one count each of theft of property in a home invasion that took place early Friday morning in Auburn. The bond for each of them is $511,000. Antonio Goodwin, Kowalski Q. Kitchens, Michael McNeil, and Harrison Mosley are all in legal straits that are, per Glennon Threatt on Finebaum just a few minutes ago, the worst in the legal system shy of actually killing someone.
              A few months old, but holy bajeezus. Just so you know, the most ever points scored in a single season before this was by Alabama in 2008...with 28 points. Before this, the team with the most cummulative points since the FC was created in '06 was Florida...with 59 points.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Wow. Auburn has gone to complete **** since Tuberville left

WHO DAT!

Comment

I was thinking if the SEC ever Expanded to 14 or 16 Schools who would they go after? I think Miami,FSU,UNC,Clemson. Would be the Best Fits.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                    I was thinking if the SEC ever Expanded to 14 or 16 Schools who would they go after? I think Miami,FSU,UNC,Clemson. Would be the Best Fits.
                    FSU and Clemson really don't give them much, as they already have a footprint in South Carolina and Northern Florida. I don't think Miami is really all that alluring either. They're only good at one sport, and their fan base is rather shallow (and not wealthy).

If the SEC tried to expand I'm guessing they would want the same 4 teams the Pac 10 wanted (Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State). Short of that, I'm not sure it's in their best interests to expand at all. I think Virginia Tech would be an interesting add, but I just don't see that happening.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

If the SEC were to ever expand the first targets would likely be Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, and Oklahoma like bf_51 said. Texas A&M and Virginia Tech are likely if they go to 14 teams. 16 teams is a little tougher to project since outside of VT and TAMU there aren't very solid candidates. Missouri could come into play as could Florida State but both are kinda meh options. Ga. Tech, Clemson, UNC, and Duke are more meh than FSU and Missouri.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Duke and UNC are basketball schools. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even consider leaving the ACC.
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/auburn-payroll-tens-of-thousands-to-hostesses--29756

[#1] It's SportsByBrooks, so ya know.
                          [#2] Who uses hostesses? Honestly? You recruit like a woman!
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

http://www.nevertoyieldfoundation.co...hocking-truth/

SBB never gets old.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by critesy View Post
                              That makes too much sense.

That Nolen chick makes a lot though. She either makes a good bit more than minimum wage, or she's almost putting in full-time hours in every week over a span that includes a summer semester. Not saying anything shady is going on. Just saying I wished I had boobs and was a hostess at Auburn.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

UT FS Janzen Jackson returns to the team after taking a leave for personal reasons.
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information