No announcement yet.

The 2011 SEC Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow hell of a write up. if you kept those 16 teams, and separated them into the two divisions you proposed, the SEC East would absolutely be insane. No way does an undefeated team come out out that division with UF, Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina in there.

i agree itll eventually happen, and i think its best for college football in general. as a fan, itll be so much harder to win the SEC than before, but itll be truly entertaining

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• oh hey guys, soon I'll be able to join this thread with something worthwhile to contribute.

gig 'em.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• This will be the best October in SEC history starting with our upset of Bama this Saturday and then on to Baton Rouge to crush the buildings there

Comment

• Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
          This will be the best October in SEC history starting with our upset of Bama this Saturday and then on to Baton Rouge to crush the buildings there
          Ha! Yeah, good luck with that. LSU is on a roll right now with a Kentucky speed bump in the way between us and our afternoon date with UF

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
            This will be the best October in SEC history starting with our upset of Bama this Saturday and then on to Baton Rouge to crush the buildings there
            Seriously, what's with Florida fans and their sudden confidence in beating Bama?
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• i think uf beats bama this week, but loses to lsu the following. first, i think lsu is better than alabama, but even if they weren't i just can't see the gators winning both of these games in consecutive weeks. the gameplan to stop both offenses is really the same, i just think florida will be too worn down.

Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
              Seriously, what's with Florida fans and their sudden confidence in beating Bama?
              i just feel this way from watching both teams play. if florida can stop alabama's rushing attack, they'll win. and i think they will. florida has one of the best, if not the best, front sevens in the country. and rookie qb's don't really have their best games in the swamp and alabama doesn't have the receivers to exploit the uf secondary. weis' ability to utilize demps and rainey will be key, and honestly, i don't think alabama has the speed on defense to stop the swing pass.
              Last edited by sbh15; 09-26-2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post

i just feel this way from watching both teams play. if florida can stop alabama's rushing attack, they'll win. and i think they will. florida has one of the best, if not the best, front sevens in the country. and rookie qb's don't really have their best games in the swamp and alabama doesn't have the receivers to exploit the uf secondary. weis' ability to utilize demps and rainey will be key, and honestly, i don't think alabama has the speed on defense to stop the swing pass.
                All Bama has to do is stop Chris Rainy and they'll win.

Comment

• Bama just dominated an explosive offense in Arkansas. I don't think they'll have any trouble containing Rainey. He's basically all your offense has. You guys do have a great defensive line, but don't forget how good Bama's o-line is as well.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                    All Bama has to do is stop Chris Rainy and they'll win.
                    no.... just no. they'll also have to deal with demps and burton, and quite a bit of the time, all three at once. honestly, there's not really a defense in the country that can properly handle those 3 and not create mismatches at other positions. weis' ability to call the game and take advantage of those situations is what i think gives florida the edge. another big part of it is that this game is in the swamp.

i'm prepared to eat crow if uf loses, but if you think alabama is going to have their way with florida like they did with arkansas, you're sorely mistaken.

Comment

• I'd give Florida 6 points and I still think Bama covers it, 24-17 my prediction

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                        no.... just no. they'll also have to deal with demps and burton, and quite a bit of the time, all three at once. honestly, there's not really a defense in the country that can properly handle those 3 and not create mismatches at other positions. weis' ability to call the game and take advantage of those situations is what i think gives florida the edge. another big part of it is that this game is in the swamp.

i'm prepared to eat crow if uf loses, but if you think alabama is going to have their way with florida like they did with arkansas, you're sorely mistaken.
                        You're about to see if that statement is true having to play Alabama and LSU in back to back weeks - the two best defenses in the country.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

So there's a problem with having faith in my team? Oh gosh shoot me for being a fan lol. Seriously, I like our chances in the next two games. Not saying that we'll win both or win one, but you come off like I should say we have NO shot.

Comment

• Jordan Jefferson is not a step up. He never played up to his billing as a highly ranked recruit. He is mediocre, not saying Lee is much better but he is playing well now and not making mistakes.

Comment

• Easley goes out and gets an ankle sprain in practice....got darn it!

Comment

• AND...................................

There's goes that!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information