Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATH classification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ATH classification

    Ted Ginn Jr. was classified as an ATH coming out of HS but projected as a CB on the college level. He is a player that was a good WR but better known as an outstanding PR/KR on the college level.

    I would like to hear from you all who read this......Do you think if Ginn played CB at Ohio State, he would have translated well to the NFL as a CB than a WR?

    What other HS ATH prospects do you wonder about if they would have played another position than what they did in college?

    Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

  • #2
    Terrelle Pryor at DE. He'd know exactly what the quarterback is thinking!
    I'm a state.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
      Ted Ginn Jr. was classified as an ATH coming out of HS but projected as a CB on the college level. He is a player that was a good WR but better known as an outstanding PR/KR on the college level.

      I would like to hear from you all who read this......Do you think if Ginn played CB at Ohio State, he would have translated well to the NFL as a CB than a WR?

      What other HS ATH prospects do you wonder about if they would have played another position than what they did in college?
      He has no agility. The discrepancy between his straight line speed and his horizontal speed is absolutely shocking. He might be the fastest man in football over the 100m. But he couldn't shake a DE.

      No way he could excel in man coverage. Nobody would beat him deep, but he couldn't keep with anybody in and out of breaks.

      Also, he's as physical as a miniature poodle.

      Comment


      • #4
        there's plenty of guys who aren't quicker than Ginn Jr. who are great starting corners. Ginn has terrific hip fluidity and was a great cover corner prospect with tremendous ball skills. He played WR at Ohio State because (a) we needed a stud WR when he was here more than we needed a good corner (b) his playmaking ability was optimized on offense - he scored more touchdowns than he would have prevented with our defense and (c) corners have to be very good tacklers in Ohio State's defense and Ginn was closer to Deion Sanders in that regard. Ginn probably would've been a better pro if he was a cornerback all along, but you know what they say about hindsight.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by J52 View Post
          He has no agility. The discrepancy between his straight line speed and his horizontal speed is absolutely shocking. He might be the fastest man in football over the 100m. But he couldn't shake a DE.

          No way he could excel in man coverage. Nobody would beat him deep, but he couldn't keep with anybody in and out of breaks.

          Also, he's as physical as a miniature poodle.
          I'm quite sure if he stuck with CB he would have hit the weight room hard & been in the 190 lb. range

          Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
          The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
          Newton
          South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
          Barely literate +5 swagger
          Thief +15 swagger
          Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
          Big, average speed -3 swagger
          Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
          Total Swagger: 62
          ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

          Comment


          • #6
            I said this awhile ago, Tressel ruined Ted Gunn when made him a WR. Ginn would have been a great corner

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
              I'm quite sure if he stuck with CB he would have hit the weight room hard & been in the 190 lb. range
              Weight has nothing to do with it. Ginn's a ***** who wouldn't go over the middle as a WR. That's the type of guy you want at corner?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Complex View Post
                I said this awhile ago, Tressel ruined Ted Gunn when made him a WR. Ginn would have been a great corner
                Tressel's job isn't to produce pro prospects, his job is to win games at the collegiate level. The way to Ginn was gonna have maximum impact for us was if he had the ball in his hands, so Tress put him at wideout. And as a college WR Ginn was really good, even if a lot of it was him as a decoy.

                The drops weren't as much of a problem in college as they have become in the NFL. I think its kinda a mental block more than anything.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ted Ginn is scared to even be tackled, much less come up and make a tackle.

                  Kid is softer than high dollar bath tissue.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by J52 View Post
                    He has no agility. The discrepancy between his straight line speed and his horizontal speed is absolutely shocking. He might be the fastest man in football over the 100m. But he couldn't shake a DE.

                    No way he could excel in man coverage. Nobody would beat him deep, but he couldn't keep with anybody in and out of breaks.

                    Also, he's as physical as a miniature poodle.
                    This.

                    Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    Weight has nothing to do with it. Ginn's a ***** who wouldn't go over the middle as a WR. That's the type of guy you want at corner?
                    This.

                    Originally posted by JHL6719 View Post
                    Ted Ginn is scared to even be tackled, much less come up and make a tackle.

                    Kid is softer than high dollar bath tissue.
                    This again.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      haha this has turned into a ted ginn hate fest.

                      would NOT have made a good corner, not physical enough..got away in the high school level with elite speed.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X

                      Debug Information