Toomer's Corner Oaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-L View Post
    You really think he should go to jail for killing some trees? It was a really ****** thing to do, but jail?
    Yes. Trees are property. Live Oaks that are over 100 years old are worth tens of thousands of dollars. And those are for non famous ones. Plus, with the amount that he put in the ground, he may have ended up killing a bunch of other plants as well as poisoning some ground water.

All in all, probably at least six figures of damage.

Comment

Originally posted by critesy View Post
      just shrug off bama's arrogance.
      That right there is the problem. He doesn't represent the University. Or even Bama Nation in general. He is one man and all this anger is misplaced. Be mad at him, not any and every Alabama fan you see. Roll Damn Tide.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRubberDuck45 View Post
        That right there is the problem. He doesn't represent the University. Or even Bama Nation in general. He is one man and all this anger is misplaced. Be mad at him, not any and every Alabama fan you see. Roll Damn Tide.
        ^^^^^^^

Very much this. His action cannot be condoned, defrock his ass, not allowed to wear red or the Tide logo anymore for lifetime.

Going to jail in that state s/b preferable in his mind, at least in jail he will be protected most of the time but I would not count out an Auburn fanatic shanking him in the yard. He should hire bodyguards instead of an atty. He's out on bail now, wanna bet he gets shot before he makes trial?

Comment

Does the state have separate cell blocks for Bama and Auburn fans?

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
            You really think he should go to jail for killing some trees? It was a really ****** thing to do, but jail?
            This.

One of the biggest issues we have is the over-policing of this country will just plain silly jail terms for 'crimes'. He poisoned a tree. A tree that very few people (outside of Alabama) even knew existed before.

I don't really see how it improves anything by, as some are saying, costing taxpayers to fix the mess he created, but yet they are going to spend thousands to keep him in jail over the next few years as well.

A real punishment would be garnishing wages (even government assistance), supervised community service done on Auburn's campus, etc,.

But poisoning a tree results in jail? C'mon, that's just silly. Leave jail to the murderers, rapists, pedophiles, drug traffickers, etc,. the people who REALLY deserve it.

Comment

this guy got 9 years for poisoning a 500 yr old oak tree.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/11/us...oric-tree.html

not the same but very similar.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

People are dumb. a bunch of Auburn fans think they are helping the trees by leaving a bunch of littler around them and writing notes to them .

THEY'RE TREES, YOU IDIOTS!

Last edited by Halsey; 02-19-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                  People are dumb. a bunch of Auburn fans think they are helping the trees by leaving a bunch of littler around them and writing notes to them .

THEY'RE TREES, YOU IDIOTS!

A tree that's part of a school's tradition if you were an auburn student you would so ******* pissed at that guy. The tree isn't the long term problem. It's the ground water that, that guy poison with his herbicide. If people drink that water.. O god, theres going to be alot of sick people.

Comment

Originally posted by MiWolves View Post
                    A tree that's part of a school's tradition
                    Are you really trying to justify leaving litter and writing notes to dying trees? I'm not even going to debate this.

Comment

How many trees had to die to make the get well soon letter for those trees?

WHAT ABOUT THOSE TREES!?!!?!
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                        Are you really trying to justify leaving litter and writing notes to dying trees? I'm not even going to debate this.
                        haha whoops all I saw was THEIR TREES YOU IDIOT my bad

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information