Toomer's Corner Oaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toomer's Corner Oaks

Some idiot needs to be put in butt-rape prison.

Bigtime. I'm guessing it was a Bama fan.

That's not cool, just goes to show how some people take football a little too seriously.

Comment

He called the Paul Finebaum show to brag about it too. Hope they logged the number or something.

There are fun pranks all the time. Putting a team's jersey on a rival team's statue of someone (ie. Cam Newton's jersey on a statue of Bear Bryant). UT has a giant rock on campus that students spray paint for different occasions, and before a UT/UK basketball game, some UK fans spray painted "GO CATS!/UK #1/Vols Suck!/etc" in blue and white paint. Stuff that's easily fixable, and isn't destructive - they're not sawing off pieces of statues or taking to UT's rock with pick axes - which I categorize this as.

You can replant trees, but you can also construct new statues or truck in another boulder to paint on, so the, "No big deal. Just plant new ones!" isn't a good enough excuse. The history that these trees have, which is 130 years that these have been around, is something that can't be replaced. Now, Toomer's Corner will still be sacred ground for Auburn fans, and killing trees won't change that. But if you're a fan of a college team, then you should have enough respect for college football and each university's traditions to not cross the line, no matter how hated the rival.

Oh, and once this **** gets into the soil, it travels, so the moron who dumped this stuff on the trees will probably kill the grass, shrubs, flowers, and other plants in the area.

PS. Hope 'Bama doubles up on security, especially at night, over the next few weeks. Lest they wake up to a headless Bear Bryant status.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I doubt Finebaum logged the number since he probably didn't take the guy seriously at all(not that you can take anyone who calls that show seriously to begin with).

As a 'Bama fan, I'm pretty disgusted by this, but at the same time, I could definitely see it coming with how the rivalry has escalated the last few years.

Comment

so ******* stupid.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

That's just ******* horrible. That guy, if caught, should go immediately to jail. Some fans are just complete ******* idiots.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

police cars are guarding the statue lol. i hope auburn fans dont retaliate but show class and just shrug off bama's arrogance.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

I can always tell when Carolina is about to play NC State in something. Walk down the "free expression tunnel" (where you can spray paint just about anything on it - though it has been covered over when extreme racism was found) and it's either painted red or carolina blue. the red from state fans after the carolina fans paint it tar heel blue at like 2 in the morning a few days before.

edit: obviously this isn't the same. Just a reference another example of a decent way to handle a rivalry.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Looks like they caught that stupid SOB.

Harvey Updyke is a prick. You've made Bama fans really proud, you ahole.

Comment

Over/under on tooth count?

Comment

The dude should have spiked 80DF sprinkled over his lawn and pubes

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

More like Troll Tide Troll, amirite??

Too soon?
                        Originally posted by SNIPER26
                        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Nobody suspecting TCU? Damn guys, you were better detectives back in the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                            Over/under on tooth count?

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                            Too soon?
                            haha, there is no such thing as too soon

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              That's just ******* horrible. That guy, if caught, should go immediately to jail. Some fans are just complete ******* idiots.
                              You really think he should go to jail for killing some trees? It was a really ****** thing to do, but jail?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information