No announcement yet.

Ohio might get a USC type Punishment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Tressel covering up that he had players selling merchandize to pay for tattoos?? LOL

No way OSU gets that level of disciplinary action from the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
      For Tressel covering up that he had players selling merchandize to pay for tattoos?? LOL

No way OSU gets that level of disciplinary action from the NCAA.
      You should probably read up a little more on the story if you think that's all that is going on here.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
        You should probably read up a little more on the story if you think that's all that is going on here.
        You should probably realize that this article was posted by

Published on March 20, 2011 by cybertruth in Football
        all behold the journalistic powers of cybertruth!

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

Cybertruth owns my soul

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

This is ridiculous. Now I know the tatoo scandal is no where near as severe a crime as the reggie bush case BUT it is proven and shown that Tressell KNEW about it and tried to hide it.

It was never proved that any of the USC coaches had any knowledge of the crime.

"Considering the institution's rules education and monitoring efforts, the enforcement staff did not believe a failure to monitor charge was appropriate in this case," the NCAA said in the letter sent Thursday.
            you NCAA
            Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 07-22-2011, 07:42 PM.

Comment

tressel himself on one account of lying to the NCAA is not the equivalent of all the stuff that went on at USC where the coaches and administrators frequently turned a blind eye to the things going on there. So far all the NCAA has and has ever had on Ohio State in this investigation is the Tatt-5, everything else is just a bunch of **** from the media as a result of SI and ESPN digging as hard as they could for a story but coming up short with a bunch of stuff without proof or proven false. We have 5 guys selling memorabilia for tattoos or cash and then Tressel (who is no longer employed) covering it up. That is not in the vicinity of the USC scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                tressel himself on one account of lying to the NCAA is not the equivalent of all the stuff that went on at USC where the coaches and administrators frequently turned a blind eye to the things going on there. So far all the NCAA has and has ever had on Ohio State in this investigation is the Tatt-5, everything else is just a bunch of **** from the media as a result of SI and ESPN digging as hard as they could for a story but coming up short with a bunch of stuff without proof or proven false. We have 5 guys selling memorabilia for tattoos or cash and then Tressel (who is no longer employed) covering it up. That is not in the vicinity of the USC scandal.
                Not to mention that OSU gave the NCAA the emails. There was one man covering it up. That man is no longer employed and the season that benefited from it was wiped out. And the players involved are suspended for five games.

The people getting mislead by the meatheads in the media need to realize that most of the media are just filling dead air with conjecture, without real thought or insight. They are just parrotting a storyline.

Now, do I personally believe that JT didn't tell the athletic department? No, I do not. If he had told them, then the onus wouldn't be on him, but on the AD. And that would definitely have led to a lack of institutional control (LOIC). And that would have been USC type sanctions or worse.

I think JT fell on the sword on this one.

What a dirty sport.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  There's no proof that anyone turned a blind eye just a bunch of assumptions (even if true). No credible evidence whereas you have undeniable proof that the lead guy in charge attempted up to cover up the crime.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                    There's no proof that anyone turned a blind eye just a bunch of assumptions (even if true). No credible evidence whereas you have undeniable proof that the lead guy in charge attempted up to cover up the crime.
                    ... you mad bro?

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
                    BK sig is straight sex
                    THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
                    Baltimore Ravens
                    Cleveland Cavaliers
                    Cleveland Indians
                    Chelsea FC
                    Originally posted by keylime_5
                    Miller is visual sex on the field.

Comment

No but really what went on at USC involved multiple athletes in multiple sports, thats why the NCAA came down so hard on them. To put what went on at THE Ohio State University in the same breath is laughable.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
                      BK sig is straight sex
                      THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
                      Baltimore Ravens
                      Cleveland Cavaliers
                      Cleveland Indians
                      Chelsea FC
                      Originally posted by keylime_5
                      Miller is visual sex on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
                        No but really what went on at USC involved multiple athletes in multiple sports, thats why the NCAA came down so hard on them. To put what went on at THE Ohio State University in the same breath is laughable.
                        They also denied that they did anything wrong and hid stuff.

OSU (on the face, and that face was accepted by the NCAA) was cooperative.

Plus they weren't repeat offenders.

Plus (like I said above), there was no LOIC charge.

SI and ESPN can suck a nut.

Comment

everything the NCAA found at Ohio State was self-reported. Even Tressel lying was self-reported. USC didn't self-report a thing, it was all uncovered by external investigation. Plus there was a lot more than just the isolated tatt-5 incident. Having a star recruit's family get a big break on housing benefits is a little bigger eh?

Comment

Excellent write up of the media's handling of the situation.

Click me.

Comment

What a ****** joke this situation is.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                                What a ****** joke this situation is.
                                Assuming that you mean that it's a joke that OSU is going to "get away" with their coach getting fired, their star QB fired, 4 other players suspended for 5 games, and two years of probation, then you have got be kidding me.

The NCAA may add a year or two of probation. Maybe a year or two of a couple of pulled schollies.

But all of this for some tattoos and the coach covering it up seems fair. There are no other infractions or facts that have been smeared by some dolts with an agenda in the media.

Can you please denounce anything in that article I linked? USC denied and buried their issues. OSU did not. There were over 30 major violations at USC, at OSU, there were 5. USC had serious problems in both football and basketball.

I understand that it's sometimes hard to rationally process information and filter the hyperbole from the facts. The media is powerful that way.

In very few ways was the USC situation like OSU's.

Again, all of this idiocy can be avoided by legitimizing the paying of players. It already happens, and it needs to be regulated and done cleanly, to eliminate the shady characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information