Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio might get a USC type Punishment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    They got off with NO "lack of institutional control" are you ******* kidding me? Their coach KNEW of rules they have broken and kept it to himself for months. He KNEW he was playing ineligible players because he was holding it back!

    USC got these sanctions due to one player, they know of at least 5 from OSU.

    The fact of the matter is that OSU got off really ****** easy for what they did, if youre going to lay the hammer down on USC, you better do it to everyone.



    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
      They got off with NO "lack of institutional control" are you ******* kidding me? Their coach KNEW of rules they have broken and kept it to himself for months. He KNEW he was playing ineligible players because he was holding it back!

      USC got these sanctions due to one player, they know of at least 5 from OSU.

      The fact of the matter is that OSU got off really ****** easy for what they did, if youre going to lay the hammer down on USC, you better do it to everyone.
      USC got Lack of Institutional Control because the entire ahtletic department was corrupt. An institution does not refer to one man (Jim Tressel), in fact, believe it or not institution refers to an institution for example: a scummy athletic department (USC AD). THE Ohio State Universities athletic department opened up their books to the NCAA and self reported, USC tried to hide it.

      As far as one player... the NCAA imposed sanctions against USC because of violations involving MULTIPLE players in MULTIPLE sports. Last time I checked "multiple" implies more than just one.

      but by all means keep hatin ;)
      Last edited by Sloopy; 07-25-2011, 01:07 PM. Reason: typo

      I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
      BK sig is straight sex
      THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
      Baltimore Ravens
      Cleveland Cavaliers
      Cleveland Indians
      Chelsea FC
      Originally posted by keylime_5
      Miller is visual sex on the field.

      Comment


      • #33
        the coach is gone and lighter in the wallet as well, the five players who broke the rules are suspended for 5 games and have to pay the money back to a charity that they made off of selling their memorabilia, the 2010 season was vacated, and the program is on 2 years probation. it's not like they got off scot-free. USC broke 31 by-laws, OSU broke 5...and unlike USC, OSU invited the NCAA in after self-reporting the incident. the OSU/USC comparisons are just a media created thing, everytime a school gets in trouble for major violations from now on they will be compared to USC unjustly.

        Comment


        • #34
          crime doesn't fit the punishment(s)


          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
            USC got Lack of Institutional Control because the entire ahtletic department was corrupt. An institution does not refer to one man (Jim Tressel), in fact, believe it or not institution refers to an institution for example: a scummy athletic department (USC AD). THE Ohio State Universities athletic department opened up their books to the NCAA and self reported, USC tried to hide it.

            As far as one player... the NCAA imposed sanctions against USC because of violations involving MULTIPLE players in MULTIPLE sports. Last time I checked "multiple" implies more than just one.

            but by all means keep hatin ;)
            A year after the fact? Real good self policing.

            Typical NCAA though...big 10 and SEC players members get off with a slap on the wrist.



            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
              They got off with NO "lack of institutional control" are you ******* kidding me? Their coach KNEW of rules they have broken and kept it to himself for months. He KNEW he was playing ineligible players because he was holding it back!

              USC got these sanctions due to one player, they know of at least 5 from OSU.

              The fact of the matter is that OSU got off really ****** easy for what they did, if youre going to lay the hammer down on USC, you better do it to everyone.
              So you didn't read the article or are neglecting to address the points of difference?

              I understand that you are a fan of USC and that it bothers you that the school got hit moderately hard. But there are many reasons for that, the primary one is that AD was aware of some serious issues and did nothing to address them. Moreover, the AD denied that there were issues once the NCAA became involved. That is LOIC.

              LOIC doesn't mean that there will be no issues. It is how the AD responds to the issues when the arise.

              The story is that JT didn't tell anyone in the OSU AD (i.e. compliance). This is the story line so that the AD didn't have an LOIC because they didn't know about the Tat5 because JT didn't tell them. I don't necessarily believe the narrative, but the facts are consistent with that narrative.

              Again, look at the facts, Sick. The NCAA can only stick with the facts when dealing with violations and punishment.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                A year after the fact? Real good self policing.

                Typical NCAA though...big 10 and SEC players members get off with a slap on the wrist.
                ROFL

                THE Ohio State University athletic department suspended the players for the first 5 games of the following season as soon as they found out, so actually not a year later and the NCAA knew about the violations and the self imposed punishment and accepted the punishment. THEN, they self imposed further sanctions after it was found Tressel knew before they did.

                again... the university of sexual ballers was a corrupt INSTITUTION and there for got slapped with lack of institutional control. THE Ohio State University opened up completely to the NCAA and the ONLY thing they found was what had already been self-reported and self-policed. The fact that nothing else was found says a lot considering the things going on at other universities around the country INCLUDING USC

                also again... stay mad

                I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
                BK sig is straight sex
                THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
                Baltimore Ravens
                Cleveland Cavaliers
                Cleveland Indians
                Chelsea FC
                Originally posted by keylime_5
                Miller is visual sex on the field.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                  A year after the fact? Real good self policing.

                  Typical NCAA though...big 10 and SEC players members get off with a slap on the wrist.
                  You must be intentionally missing the point. The AD opened it's books only when JT told them that he had some phone calls and emails with Cicero (the lawyer involved in the FBI case). JT told the AD in January. They self reported right after that. When the self reported, someone leaked that info to Yahoo!

                  Please get your facts straight.

                  If your baseball coach committed a crime six months ago, and you just found out and the cops were after you, would you be in trouble for the six month lag? Or would you be fine because you reported the info when you found out about it?

                  You don't seem to understand what LOIC means. The USC AD, from the top down, went into denial mode and tried to bury all facts. The NCAA was able to demonstrate that the AD knew about the issues at USC and did nothing to stop them and they let the environment that spawned them exist.

                  That's why USC has a new athletic director. That's why Pete Carroll took off in the middle of the night. There were systemic problems that the AD did nothing to rectify and even worse off, tried to bury evidence of. The AD was brazenly defiant the whole way. Amazing how cocky that douchebag was.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Here's an excellent summary of the findings by a non-OSU guy. A guy that actually was slamming OSU the whole way until he read the report.

                    Aaron Torres

                    Not only did it not appear that Ohio State wasn’t going to get hit with major sanctions, quite frankly, it doesn't appear they should be. If anything, Ohio State was running an Athletics Department, gulp, about as efficiently as you can.
                    And my favorite, for some of the posters here:
                    Myth No. 3: Ohio State Should’ve Done More!

                    Umm, no they shouldn’t have. Quite frankly, I’m not sure they could have. Simply put, anyone who is still saying that Ohio State “could’ve or should've done more,” is either an idiot, or didn't read the report. In some cases both (No offense).
                    Last edited by JoeJoeBrown; 07-25-2011, 11:40 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      i dont think they should be any more punished then they already have been. losing those 5 players MIGHT mean 5 losses, but losing Pryor AND Tressel kinda seals the deal that they wont be winning anymore.

                      i think the guys at fault here are the ones that won't be playing for the first 5 games and Jim Tressel. he lost his job for his wrong. i dont think the whole athletic department should be punished for these guys.

                      with that said, i think USC was hit too hard. but then again, i never understood why NCAA punishes teams NOW for what happened 4-5 years ago. i know they should still be punished but your punishing kids that had nothing to do with the issue. take away bush's heisman, forfeit seasons, place the department(and anyone who knew) on probation. fine people. i dont know


                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        i dont think they should be any more punished then they already have been. losing those 5 players MIGHT mean 5 losses, but losing Pryor AND Tressel kinda seals the deal that they wont be winning anymore.

                        i think the guys at fault here are the ones that won't be playing for the first 5 games and Jim Tressel. he lost his job for his wrong. i dont think the whole athletic department should be punished for these guys.

                        with that said, i think USC was hit too hard. but then again, i never understood why NCAA punishes teams NOW for what happened 4-5 years ago. i know they should still be punished but your punishing kids that had nothing to do with the issue. take away bush's heisman, forfeit seasons, place the department(and anyone who knew) on probation. fine people. i dont know
                        I would almost be willing to say Pryor leaving helps our chances in those five games, never really liked him. It's a tough call but I wouldn't say its a definite that we lose those 5 games, we are favored to win the Big Ten and are predicted to be ranked in the top 10 in the country

                        I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
                        BK sig is straight sex
                        THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
                        Baltimore Ravens
                        Cleveland Cavaliers
                        Cleveland Indians
                        Chelsea FC
                        Originally posted by keylime_5
                        Miller is visual sex on the field.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
                          I would almost be willing to say Pryor leaving helps our chances in those five games, never really liked him. It's a tough call but I wouldn't say its a definite that we lose those 5 games, we are favored to win the Big Ten and are predicted to be ranked in the top 10 in the country
                          i dont think you keep the ranking and all the preseason accolades and predictions when you lose your starting RB, WR, LT for five games and your head coach and starting QB for the season.

                          it would be amazing to think its possible for you guys to win the big 10. but, given the suspensions, i'd say its Nebraskas conference to lose


                          Comment


                          • #43
                            There is a lot of misinformation being posted here about what SC was sanctioned for by the NCAA, particularly by the Ohio St. contingent. Ohio St. is not any "cleaner" of a program than SC was during the Pete Carroll era. Congrats to Ohio St. fans, I think you should be happy with the outcome. To SC fans, oh well, life isn't fair, but life goes on.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by mellojello View Post
                              There is a lot of misinformation being posted here about what SC was sanctioned for by the NCAA, particularly by the Ohio St. contingent. Ohio St. is not any "cleaner" of a program than SC was during the Pete Carroll era. Congrats to Ohio St. fans, I think you should be happy with the outcome. To SC fans, oh well, life isn't fair, but life goes on.
                              please elaborate


                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by mellojello View Post
                                There is a lot of misinformation being posted here about what SC was sanctioned for by the NCAA, particularly by the Ohio St. contingent. Ohio St. is not any "cleaner" of a program than SC was during the Pete Carroll era. Congrats to Ohio St. fans, I think you should be happy with the outcome. To SC fans, oh well, life isn't fair, but life goes on.
                                Stating that there is misinformation being posted with no follow up of claimed "correct" information = fail. Follow that up with a claim that THE Ohio State University is unclean without any quantifying information makes you no better than the here-say and fodder being spread by the talking heads on TV. You should be an intern at ESPN there friend your on the right track.

                                I am happy with the outcome. I think that the NCAA did the right thing here in not imposing further punishment, considering no further claims of violations were found to be true and we opened up our books. If we had self reported and got slammed there would be no incentive for any future teams to self report.

                                I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
                                BK sig is straight sex
                                THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
                                Baltimore Ravens
                                Cleveland Cavaliers
                                Cleveland Indians
                                Chelsea FC
                                Originally posted by keylime_5
                                Miller is visual sex on the field.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information