"Pay to Play" - Business as Usual?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by descendency View Post
    False. ALL football programs are cash flow positive. Athletic departments lose money on Women's sports, track, baseball, etc.

Basically, Football and a few basketball teams make money that the rest of the department uses to fund their sport.
    FALSE. Not all programs are cash flow positive.

I shouldn't have said most. Look at JLaw's post.

The point still stands that there aren't a ton of schools flush with football cash to throw at a bunch of players. Only the top dogs have huge profits.

Comment

I'm actually surprised any team loses money in football.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

of course its business as usual. the really great ones have always received benifits. cars, bills paid, extra scholarship money.. its been going on forever.

Comment

A very interesting piece that I think kind of explains why so many people believe the current system is less than desirable for everyone:

http://mgoblog.com/content/monocle-o...ngerous-levels

Basically, major sports revenue is growing significantly faster than college tuition, yet the number of scholarships is not increasing nor is the value of scholarships increasing at a comparable rate. I'm not suggesting they be paid, but that changes to the limits of scholarships be amended.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information