No announcement yet.

Buckeyes QB next year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id say start Boeckman this year, and then see if anyone out performs him in camps that next summer

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I don't follow OSU, but generally, in these situations, it's the upper classman's job to lose. Henton has a ton of potential, but most coaches, especially conservative ones like Tressell, aren't willing to risk a season on a player who may or may not be ready.

Comment

Right now it's Boeckman, and I think he'll win it. What surprised me about the whole situation is how all three guys could be considered kinda old for their class, especially Boeckman.
        These will be their ages when the season starts:
        Boeckman=23yrs. JR(rs)
        Shoenhoft=21yrs. SO(rs)
        Henton=20yrs. FR(rs)

Boeckman would be 25 as a rookie in the NFL. The other 2 would be 24. This is just something that popped up while I was looking into this.

Comment

Damn, they were held back a lot

Comment

Originally posted by JCarver27 View Post
            I think the quote was 'best WR', but I'm not positive.
            I'm pretty sure Ginn Sr. said most explosive.

Anyways, the easy money is Boeckman but whenever it starts, I'm excited for the Henton era.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by JCarver27 View Post
              I think the quote was 'best WR', but I'm not positive.
              You're right, he said that Small was the best WR he has ever coached.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                Damn, they were held back a lot
                Yeah, they must've been. I was in shock when I read their ages.

Comment

I think if OSU keeps the Spread offense in effect that Boeckman would be the starter for about 3 games then Tressel will put Henton in but what about Shohenhoft?

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
                  164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
                  50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
                  Record: 7-3

Comment

Originally posted by Hail Browns View Post
                    You're right, he said that Small was the best WR he has ever coached.
                    he also said that Anthony Gonzalez was faster than his son... something tell is telling me that he simply wants to make his son prove something.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                      he also said that Anthony Gonzalez was faster than his son... something tell is telling me that he simply wants to make his son prove something.
                      Good point, and it's definitely a possibility. Regardless of him making his son prove something, Ray Small is going to be a player to watch out for.

Comment

Ginn sr. is infamous for promoting his players.

his quote was that Ray Small was the most explosive player he's ever coached.

No doubt ray is explosive, and quite a player, but I think that was a bit of a hyperbole to promote glenville as there have been a lot of REALLY explosive players from that team. Darius Hiley, Ted Ginn, Jamario Oneal... etc
                        Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Congrats on your veteranship.

Comment

I see this season similar to two years ago when Zwick started the year but Smith ended up usurping him for the spot. I say Boeckman starts at least 2 games but gets pulled in favor of the more athletic Henton.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                              he said he ran the 40 faster, which is possible.

Comment

I think Boeckman gets the nod and it's not even that close. Henton will be good in time, but we can't expect him to step in and be Troy Smith right away. Tressel's always been partial to the more experienced guy for better or for worse.

I remember seeing Boeckman pitch in the high school state championship game a few years back. Haha pretty hard judging against other high school athletes but I feel confident he can be the one to lead the team. He's a big kid with deceptive mobility, and an above average arm. Kinda reminds me of a young Ben Roethlisberger.

On a side note, can Bauserman bring anything to the table? I don't know too much about him but can't imagine he'll be too much of a threat for the job after taking some years off. And I'm correct in saying he still has 4 years of eligibility right?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information