Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noel Devine Signs his Letter of Intent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    you realize we run a physical spread offense???? we probably have the fastest offense in the nation.....you cant use your base defense against wvu, oh st did and look what happened when they played florida...i forgot usc lost to those powerhouses of oregeon st and ucla

    cred 2 BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • #17
      He won't finish his career there. I guarantee it. He'll be declared academically ineligible at least once.


      http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
        you realize we run a physical spread offense???? we probably have the fastest offense in the nation.....you cant use your base defense against wvu, oh st did and look what happened when they played florida...i forgot usc lost to those powerhouses of oregeon st and ucla
        You can't still seriously argue that WVU is more talented than USC.

        If you really believe that, you need to check yourself into the psych ward.

        Comment


        • #19
          WVU keeps bolstering there offense but they have virtually no defense now;
          there gonna be fun to watch on offense but there defense leaves something to want.

          Comment


          • #20
            West Virginia won't win anything until they piece together a defense.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Michigan View Post
              The Big East s_ucks compared to the Big Ten or SEC, and is far worse than the Pac-10 or Big-12. Show me some talented guys in the trenches and then we can start talking. Without elite lines, teams like Louisville, WVA, and Rutgers will routinely get pushed around and dominated by teams that have them (which are the teams contending for national championships). You guys can have your pretty boys Slaton, White, and Rice. They won't mean much against physically superior teams like USC, OSU, Michigan, LSU, Texas, etc...
              I wouldn't call Rice a pretty boy, he is a pretty physical runner; but I can get what you are saying.

              I'm a RU fan, thus a supporter of the Big East but there is no possible way that makes the Pac-10 (USC, USC, USC, California, UCLA and Washington who is up and coming) are truly worse than the Big East. The Big East has one "elite" team in Louisville and three teams that could reach top-15 status in WVU, RU and perhaps (PERHAPS) USF. Louisville has also lost two of their RBs and their Head Coach. WVU lacks a dominant defense, RU's aerial attack is in question and USF just needs to continue emerging. But none of them would be above bowl-eligible in the other conferences.
              Is that a rash?



              Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

              Comment


              • #22
                I honestly think that the Pac 10 could wind up being the second strongest conference (behind the SEC) next year.

                USC is, of course, the favorite, but UCLA could easily win it, Cal can be a 9 win team, Oregon is still really, really talented, Washington State and Washington are both on the rise, and Oregon State looks like a Top 25 team at the very least.

                Comment


                • #23
                  WVU has alot of very talented players this upcomming year that are alot of fun to watch but when it comes down to it they lack the depth that teams like Michigan, USC, and Texas have from years of great recruiting classes. USC's overall talent level is years ahead of WVU's.
                  "it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward


                  Let's Go BUFFALO!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                    The Big East s_ucks compared to the Big Ten or SEC, and is far worse than the Pac-10 or Big-12. Show me some talented guys in the trenches and then we can start talking. Without elite lines, teams like Louisville, WVA, and Rutgers will routinely get pushed around and dominated by teams that have them (which are the teams contending for national championships). You guys can have your pretty boys Slaton, White, and Rice. They won't mean much against physically superior teams like USC, OSU, Michigan, LSU, Texas, etc...
                    Rutgers has Elite lines on both sides of the ball. Our offense isn't explosive but the offensive Line is very talented. And our Defense is spectacular 4th overall in the nation.

                    http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank....otdef&site=org



                    Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                    I wouldn't call Rice a pretty boy, he is a pretty physical runner; but I can get what you are saying.

                    I'm a RU fan, thus a supporter of the Big East but there is no possible way that makes the Pac-10 (USC, USC, USC, California, UCLA and Washington who is up and coming) are truly worse than the Big East. The Big East has one "elite" team in Louisville and three teams that could reach top-15 status in WVU, RU and perhaps (PERHAPS) USF. Louisville has also lost two of their RBs and their Head Coach. WVU lacks a dominant defense, RU's aerial attack is in question and USF just needs to continue emerging. But none of them would be above bowl-eligible in the other conferences.
                    Comon I could understand(but not agree) if you say that RU or USF would not be above bowl eligible but WVU is def above bowl eligible in other conferences. They took out Georgia SEC champ last year. And the have so much talent on offense that it could make up for their lack of defense.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yes, two years ago they were a good team but the team is fairly one-dimensional to be honest. The WRs are used for more "blocking" purposes (but in their defense, they do get their PT) but it's mainly a rushing offense that has trouble keeping Mike Teel and Co. under 39 points (though they did have two OT scores). But to say they would beat a team like USC, Cal, UCLA and perhaps Washington / Oregon then it would be pretty hard for them to do it. They could earn it in theory as "on any given Sunday" but I just see the odds tilting in the Pac-10 teams.

                      Also, RU's main problem this year may very well be the interior line.

                      Losing Darnell Stapleton and Cameron Stephenson definitely hurts the team to a big degree. Ryan Blaszczyk is slated to be the new C and he has bounced around the OL / DL since being recruited as a OG. It could hurt Ray Rice and if you add the loss of Leonard; it could be a different team next season. Good thing that Britt and Brown are in their sophomore campaigns. . . .
                      Is that a rash?



                      Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Rutgers View Post
                        oh the same big East that had three teams ranked in the top 12 at the end of the season. The same BE who has Louisville(2nd rated offense in the nation) and West virginia(5th rated offense in the nation) and Rutgers(4th overall defense in the nation) Went 5-0 in bowls beat the 2 ACC champs this year and the SEC champ last year , throttled The U (Louisville) and has hiesman candidates Steve Slaton, Brian Brohm, Pat White, and Ray Rice? That Big East? You may not believe The BE is the top conference in the nation or second or third......thats fine but all this BE bashing has to stop unless you were in a coma all year last year than you should know that the BE doesn't stink in fact the BE is very good.
                        yeah Big East deserves some credit after what they did last year. SEC is still obviously the best conference but the rest is up for debate as far as im concerned.

                        And yeah that WVU running game is downright nasty. Very hard to stop. Devine should be good there.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                          I wouldn't call Rice a pretty boy, he is a pretty physical runner; but I can get what you are saying.
                          Anyone that doesn't have their hand in the ground is a pretty boy.

                          That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                            Anyone that doesn't have their hand in the ground is a pretty boy.
                            http://www.mcspoll.com/images/rice%20rutgers.jpg

                            Rice isn't a pretty boy then

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                              Anyone that doesn't have their hand in the ground is a pretty boy.
                              Amen to that. About time the guys up front get a little love. No prancing around in the backfield for the "big uglies".

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by psupride1131 View Post
                                He signed his lntent friday afternoon to West Virginia.

                                http://recruiting.scout.com/2/631282.html

                                Good stuff. Him and Slaton should be devastating in Rich Rodriquez's offense.
                                Finally he signs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information