No announcement yet.

USC & shotgun formation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this actually dosent make sense at all... its alot harder to run with the shotgun what will they do with all their backs? sure theyre strong in the reciving corps with travon patterson, vidal hazelton, david ausberry and company... but they could very easily utilize the talent they have under center, i believe that they should be playing based on the people they have and if they dont use their backs propertly itll all be a waste

Comment

i doubt its going to be a regular feature for them. sounds like they are pretty much just going to use it on certain 3rd and long situations just as a new look. Cal does it and they have great running backs. wont be a bad thing
      Fight On USC Trojans!

gamertag: uscfan06

Comment

i for one think it's a good thing that USC doesn't operate out of the shotgun. They are giving their QBs valuable experience in a pro style offense. I feel that is why players like carson Palmer and Matt Leinart are succeeding so far in the NFL. When a QB operates strictly out of the shotgun in college they learn to rely predominantly on their athleticism rather than allowing a pocket to form around them and let plays set themselves up.

Comment

USC seems to be doing just fine w/o it. I agree that it couldn't hurt to throw it in a game every once in a while. Texas completely revamped their offense for VY and we're going to keep it from here on out, my main problem is that it completely ruined our running game (which was a staple for so many years).

Comment

Originally posted by RWFender1 View Post
            i was just wondering if anyone knows why USC never opperates out of the shotgun formation? i dont think ive seen them once in shotgun formation. im not sure why. someone told me they heard it messes with the recievers timing on routes. anyone know the reason?
            They run the WCO. No one uses the shotgun in the WCO. Everything is done from under center. They obviously don't need to add it. They've had success without it.

Comment

anyone go to Trojan Huddle this weekend? i wasnt able to go but i heard someone say chauncey started? is he looking better? man, i hope gable starts unless chauncey has stepped his game up from last year
              Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

nevermind, i read gable, bradford and moody all sat out from the scrimmage because of injury
                Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information