Best D-Line Next Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best D-Line Next Year

Who's it going to be? USC? Texas? LSU? UCLA?

My pick is USC, followed by LSU.

Comment

Ohio State. Not a homer pick either. maybe not at the start of the season, but by the end for sure.

Defensive ends Rob Rose and Vernon Gholston will be the best tandem of defensive ends in the country. Gholston is a freak and was a starter last year, but Rose has even more potential than Gholston, and had the highest sack per play last year on the team. Lawrence Wilson will rotate in who could start over either of them, and would start for any other d1 team in the nation. He might also play defensive tackle.

At tackle, we have 3 guys who have a lot of talent in Doug Worthington, Todd Denlinger, and Dexter Larimore. Nader Abdallah hasnt stepped up, but Joel Penton has a lot of experience and could be a solid starter alike to Marcus Green.

As for other defensive lines, I'd take Iowa, Wisconsin, USC, and LSU on top of what I already mentioned.
      Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

USC im sayin, they have Jackson, Griffen, Ellis, and they have tons of depth with Da John Harris comin in at tackle

Comment

who knows how much of an impact Griffen will be. But I'm sure excited that he's a Trojan.

Comment

Its either LSU or USC. They both have 4 quality starters and depth for miles.

I'm more familiar with LSU's of course, so I'll go with that one. Al Jones, Ricky Jean-Francois, Marlon Favorite and Claude Wroten are the starters, I think.

Comment

aren't you forgetting Glen Dorsey?

Comment

well he mentioned Claude Wroten who graduated last year, so I'm assuming he meant Dorsey.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

I'll pick LSU b/c Dorsey is an unbelieveable player

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

USC by a mile. Ellis and Jackson are two of the best in the country at their respective positions, Moala is very good also, and although he'll probably only get situational pt; Everson Griffen is one of the best prospects I've ever seen.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                    Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

My pick is LSU

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
                        Its either LSU or USC. They both have 4 quality starters and depth for miles.

I'm more familiar with LSU's of course, so I'll go with that one. Al Jones, Ricky Jean-Francois, Marlon Favorite and Claude Wroten are the starters, I think.
                        I'll assume you meant Glenn Dorsey, and aren't you forgetting Tyson Jackson?
                        Is Al Jones still on the team, where was he this past season?

LSU is my pick as well. DT Al Woods and end Tremaine Johnson give them additional depth.

I would put USC second and Iowa third. Iowa doesn't get alot of pub but they quietly have a very productive group of Dlinemen with Kenny Iwebema, Mitch King, Bryan Mattison and Matt Kroul if they can stay healthy watch out.
                        10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

An extremely talented DLine that could be very good if they put it all together is at Miami. In addition to having arguably the best DE in the nation in Calais Campbell they also have Eric Moncur and Courtney Harris at end to put the pressure on opposing QBs. Along with Antonio Dixon, Teraz McCray and Dwayne Hendricks inside at tackle.
                          10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Is Al Jones still on the team, where was he this past season?
                            Changed his name to Rahim Alem

LSU

RE

No. 93 Tyson Jackson, 6'5", 292, JR
                            No. 90 Ricky Jean Francois, 6'3", 281, SO
                            No. 02 Kirston Pittman, 6'4", 260, JR

LE

No. 47 Tremaine, Johnson , 6'2", 273, JR
                            No. 84 Rahim Alem, 6'3", 252, SO
                            No. 95 Pep Levingston, RSFR
                            No. 49 Caleb Angelle, DE, 6’3”, 245, SR.

LT

No. 72 Glen Dorsey, 6'2", 299, SR
                            No. 97 Al Woods, 6'5", 325, SO

RT

No. 91 Charles Alexander, 6'3", 294, JR
                            No. 99 Marlon Favorite, 6'1", 300, JR
                            No. 96 Joseph Barksdale 6’6”, 315, FR
                            Last edited by constant cough; 04-04-2007, 10:13 AM.

Comment

i could see Gholston and Rose stepping it up next year and wreaking havoc off of both ends next year. If we can find some decent run stuffers in the middle then those two will be all over qb's all game every game

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information