No announcement yet.

Fastest college player ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry Sanders, he was just miles ahead of the competition in every way.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't know if Bo was the fastest, but I gotta say it is damn amazing to see someone 240+ moving that quick.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4iIwb_Y3Tyw

Comment

Joey Galloway.

Comment

Tim Dwight was up there too

Comment

Any Texas fans out there? I think I looked up that Jammal Charles ran a 10.1 100m.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
              Michael Bennett...

10.18 in the 100-meter dash. (carter runs a 10.29)
              20.66 seconds in the 200-meter dash. (carter runs a 19.63 though)
              Carter ran a 10.09 for the 100m ncaa title. jamaal charles was either 3rd or 4th in the same race at 10.2x. Carter won 1st in the 100m, 400m, 4x100, and 4x400 all at NCAA outdoor championship.

http://www.usatf.org/athletes/bios/Carter_Xavier.asp

Carter was the 2006 NCAA indoor and outdoor track athlete of the yr.

Comment

Originally posted by geaux tigers View Post
                Carter ran a 10.09 for the 100m ncaa title. jamaal charles was either 3rd or 4th in the same race at 10.2x. Carter won 1st in the 100m, 400m, 4x100, and 4x400 all at NCAA outdoor championship.

http://www.usatf.org/athletes/bios/Carter_Xavier.asp

Carter was the 2006 NCAA indoor and outdoor track athlete of the yr.
                Except that Bennett was actually good at football.

Comment

Originally posted by sodar21 View Post
                  Except that Bennett was actually good at football.
                  uhh...i guess.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I don't think that has much to do with being fast though.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                      Tim Dwight was up there too

He embarassed people

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

Most of the fastest players were ones who were pure athletes who had to refine their football skills and xavier carter was one who didnt bother... most fast players cant catch which is why they should be playing corner, Xavier carter was a waste of football talent he coulda been amazing the scouts raved about him coming out of high school, i think if LSU gave him more of a chance or if he had someone like Jerry rice as his recievers coach he coulda been great, he barely played and i actually rooted for him more than early doucet

Comment

Originally posted by bucknut12 View Post
                          Any Texas fans out there? I think I looked up that Jammal Charles ran a 10.1 100m.
                          I think it was a 10.12

Comment

Wow, I had no idea that Jammal Charles was anywhere near that fast. Damn...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Yea he is a track star, but he really needs to stop worrying about track if he wants to be a pro football player. I know he put on some weight and I think he went to spring ball instead of track this year, but he really is nowhere near big enough for pro prospect. He does have amazing speed though.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                                Most of the fastest players were ones who were pure athletes who had to refine their football skills and xavier carter was one who didnt bother... most fast players cant catch which is why they should be playing corner, Xavier carter was a waste of football talent he coulda been amazing the scouts raved about him coming out of high school, i think if LSU gave him more of a chance or if he had someone like Jerry rice as his recievers coach he coulda been great, he barely played and i actually rooted for him more than early doucet
                                In all fairness, during his time at LSU, he had guys like Michael Clayton (1st round pick), Devery Henderson (2nd round pick), Skyler Green, Dwayne Bowe (soon to be 1st round pick), Craig Davis (soon to be 2nd round pick), and Early Doucet (probable future 1st/2nd rounder) in front of him. LSU has been stacked with talent at WR for the last 5 or so years. He pretty much had to battle with Bennie Brazell (another track superstar) for the #4 or #5 WR spot. It's not that he didn't have the talent, it's just that there was so much talent in front of him.
                                The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information