Fastest college player ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geaux tigers View Post
    Carter ran a 10.09 for the 100m ncaa title. jamaal charles was either 3rd or 4th in the same race at 10.2x. Carter won 1st in the 100m, 400m, 4x100, and 4x400 all at NCAA outdoor championship.

http://www.usatf.org/athletes/bios/Carter_Xavier.asp

Carter was the 2006 NCAA indoor and outdoor track athlete of the yr.
    I watched the NCAAs, he won the 400 in less than 30 minutes after winning the 100, it was amazing

Comment

not sure how much he signed for, but xman was offered 2mil/yr after his freshman yr in track. this was before winning 4 titles his 2nd yr. just b/c he didnt get much PT his freshman yr in football doesnt mean he dont have any ball skills. he played behind Bowe & Davis who both went 1st round this yr. Not to mention Doucet whos likely to go 1st round next yr also.

Comment

Carter he was mad fast

Comment

I thought I heard somewhere that Tim Dwight ran a 4.19 or something close to that. Not too sure tho.

Comment

Randy Moss ran a 4.2 at FSU (I think breaking Primetimes record time)...maybe not the track fastest, but extremely fast none the less

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

..Didn't Randy Moss play for Marshall?

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
                ..Didn't Randy Moss play for Marshall?
                yes he did......but he was at FSU first

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Hey -black, where is Fred Rouse right now?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                    I don't know about football speed, who played the fastest out there with pads on, but if we're talking about pure speed the answer is Xavier Carter, and it's nobody else really comes close.

Moss reportedly ran 4.18 40 in college. That comes close. As did Stallworth and Joey Galloway.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                      Hey -black, where is Fred Rouse right now?
                      UTEP.......

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
                        yes he did......but he was at FSU first
                        Ah, I didn't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                          Moss reportedly ran 4.18 40 in college. That comes close. As did Stallworth and Joey Galloway.
                          I never trust those times. Xavier Carter was the fastest for sure.

Comment

I know he's not the fastest to ever play, but Percy Harvin is one fast *****

Comment

I'm not sure how many guys here remember him but I think Michael Bates could've given Carter a run for his money. I have to admit I don't remember watching him in college but he was one of the best kick returners I have ever seen in the NFL. In the 1992 Olympics he ran 200m in 20.38 seconds and took home a bronze medal.
                              10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Bo has to be up there he was a beast on wheels !! Rocket should be up there too. Someone that didnt have a superstar career at Miami that was blazing fast in the return game that played at Dallas was Kevin Williams. He only played 2 seasons before going to the NFL but he was fast on the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information