No announcement yet.

Fastest college player ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trindon Holiday runs a 4.27 so if anyone knows anyone who currently runs faster than that.

Comment

There are different types of speed, so it depends on which type you're talking about. Xavier Carter may have had the fastest top end ever, but that doesn't mean he ran the fastest 40 of all time. The 40 measures acceleration as much as top end.

I went to HS with a guy who went on to run track at a D-I school here in Texas. His events were the 200 and 400. Got second in state in the 200 his senior year, fourth (I believe) in the 400. If I remember correctly, he ran somewhere in the 21's in the 200.

That's blazing.

But the fastest 40 he ever posted was in the low-4.4's at a football camp. We had another guy on our football team who broke into the 4.3's at the same camp, but couldn't touch Chris on the track.

As far as top 40's, I know Joey Galloway, Darrell Green, Bo Jackson, and Randal Williams have all broken below the 4.2 mark at the combine. At the same time, though, these were all hand-timed.

Originally posted by VYTitans View Post
      I would have to say that the fastest ever definitly had to be Bo Jackson, if he had just dedicated himself to the game of football he would have broken so many records...
      I'm a huge Bo fan. I wish I could've donated my hip just to see what he would've wound up doing.

Originally posted by leftwich7 View Post
      devin hester, deion sanders, and DeAngelo Hall are all very fast but i can't disagree with X, he has some burners, he doesn't need football, he will be in the olympics one day
      Believe it or not, Reggie McNeal (former Texas A&M QB, current Bengals WR/KR/etc) ran a faster 40 than Hester. McNeal ran a 4.3 at the combine, but ran a 4.28 in front of NFL scouts at TAMU's pro day a year earlier.

Comment

And Hester ran a 4.27 at Miami. And McNeal ran a 4.40 at the combine, not a 4.3.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
          And Hester ran a 4.27 at Miami. And McNeal ran a 4.40 at the combine, not a 4.3.
          My bad. I thought he ran a 4.3 even, but I was wrong. He ran a 4.35, the third-fastest (at least from what I had heard... I may be wrong on that one) 40 in the 2006 draft class.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9269912

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            I don't know if Bo was the fastest, but I gotta say it is damn amazing to see someone 240+ moving that quick.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4iIwb_Y3Tyw

on a side note, that steve smith highlight at the beginning, was probably the sickest return ive ever seen...it beat that devin hester highlight by alot...

but with bo jackson being 220+ lbs, and running a 4.18 at the NFL combine, not a pro day, im gonna say he was the fastest college player
            Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 07-13-2007, 05:03 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information