4. Penn State
    5. iowa
    6. Michigan St.
    7. Minnesota
    8. Indiana
    9. Illinois
    10. purdue
    11.Northwestern

also, to say that minn will beat us next season is one of the most absurd things i have ever heard. they are lightyears behind us in terms of talent and confidence

Comment

i figured last year would put all this "they're losing _______ starters!!!!!!!" nonsense to bed.

guess not.

Comment

When was Iowa overrated? How about the "Texas vs. Iowa" national title game prediction. Everyone made it seem as if Drew Tate were the second coming of Tom Brady...The one good year they had recently they were "co" champions of the Big 10, but actually came in second because they lost to Michigan. Every year ESPN tries to shove Iowa down our throats because of Ferentz, they're not that good.

Comment

Despite Michigan losing so many defensive studs (Branch, Harris, Woodley, Hall, Burgess etc...) I think they will have a solid defense. Terrance Taylor is a very good DT who should anchor the defense, and Jamar Adams could be a star at safety. I am, however, very concerned about the cornerback situation, where Morgan Trent is the #1 CB by default. I'd love to see Warren emerge as the other starter, and by the end of the year maybe Carlos Brown could bump Trent to nickel or even better, the bench. Last I checked, the defensive coordinator is still Ron English and he is the best coach on the Michigan staff.

Comment

Originally posted by JCarver27 View Post
            i figured last year would put all this "they're losing _______ starters!!!!!!!" nonsense to bed.

guess not.
            OH, so if they do it one year they will do it the rest of their existence? Cool. I mean 3 years ago you put that to rest to huh? When you lost 4 games...

Last years loses are completely different not to mention...None of your QBs are remotely as good as Troy Smith.

Comment

craig krenzel was never highly touted or overly gifted, he was simply adequate and a good leader. if we can find a guy like that then beanie and the big olinemen will use up the clock and keep our defense off of the field.

Hey man can't we have a down year? i mean it's not like we ended up unranked or didn't make a bowl game.

Comment

I would think Michigan is the favorite but wouldn't count out Wisconson(I like their run game) or Ohio St. After that it seems most people agree there is a drop off but you can always expect Iowa to compete and you never know what Penn St. will do.

This year though I'm curious to see what the Illini do now that Zook as been ratching up the recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
                  craig krenzel was never highly touted or overly gifted, he was simply adequate and a good leader. if we can find a guy like that then beanie and the big olinemen will use up the clock and keep our defense off of the field.

Hey man can't we have a down year? i mean it's not like we ended up unranked or didn't make a bowl game.
                  ... Your the ones that think you can't have a down year... first in the big-10.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                    When was Iowa overrated? How about the "Texas vs. Iowa" national title game prediction. Everyone made it seem as if Drew Tate were the second coming of Tom Brady...The one good year they had recently they were "co" champions of the Big 10, but actually came in second because they lost to Michigan. Every year ESPN tries to shove Iowa down our throats because of Ferentz, they're not that good.
                    actually they have 2 big ten titles since 2000 so thats not their "one good year"

Originally posted by Gang Green View Post
                    What about last year, Mark May was basically sucking on Drew Tate's **** the entire season.
                    i am a better college football analyst than mark may

Originally posted by ThEvIcTR View Post
                    Last year when they were preseason ranked #3 in the Big Ten. People just love Fernandez (or whatever his name is) because he was mentored by Belichick.
                    who the ___ is Fernandez? if you mean ferentz thats not even close and you should be shot

Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                    3. Iowa (I like Christianson a lot. More upside than Tate. Furthermore, they'll return a healthy albert young, a more experienced Dominique Douglas, not to mention a slew of other highly experienced players. They should be an 8 win team this year who will threaten some upsets against Wisconsin, Michigan, and OSU.
                    we dont play michigan or OSU this year

ok that all being said...yes we do get overrated. 2 years ago we were preseason top 5-6 and finished a unimpressive 7-5 and last year again were rated highly but finished 6-7. we do have alot of our team returning including the most experience DL in the conference. hopefully we will be unranked and have no high predictions at all because thats when we tend to do better (atleast recently). so given our easy schedule and # of returning players theres no way we should finish any less than 5-6 in the B10.

and anyone saying Illinois/Juice will have a "great" year or whatever, remember they still have Zook coaching, so thats automatically 5 losses before the season starts (at least)

1. michigan
                    2. wisconsin
                    3. iowa
                    4. indiana
                    5. osu
                    6. penn st.
                    7. purdue
                    8. minnesota
                    9. illinois
                    10. northwestern
                    11. MSU

Comment

and it's only a matter of time before some idiot comes in here and starts saying how the SEC is better than the Big Ten because they have nothing else to do...so this thread will be ruined shortly lol

Comment

I think Ohio State is in for a down year this year with Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa finishing ahead of them(in that order). They lost way too much talent and don't have the depth to replace it quite yet

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                          1. michigan
                          2. wisconsin
                          3. iowa
                          4. indiana
                          5. osu
                          6. penn st.
                          7. purdue
                          8. minnesota
                          9. illinois
                          10. northwestern
                          11. MSU
                          That's what I'm talkin bout

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                            That's what I'm talkin bout
                            haha theres bound to be a darkhorse in the standings (i.e. wisconsin this year) and I like what indiana has to offer this year

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              haha theres bound to be a darkhorse in the standings (i.e. wisconsin this year) and I like what indiana has to offer this year
                              I don't know if they can ride that offense while having such a horrendous defense.

Comment

yea well i figure they will beat the lower teams like MSU, NW, etc. and maybe pull a couple upsets, plus with other teams upsets might vault them that high? idk just one wild prediction amongst some somewhat safe bets

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information