Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
    Originally posted by JBond93
    The nice thing about the system is that we can argue over who should be in what position. It's sort of fun.

What would it have been last year? Who would have been the 4 teams?
    Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas, USC.
    Is that really fair? What did ND win? Like, it just creates more controversy. I don't think there is a perfect solution. ND wasn't an undisputed 4 in polls...

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

what about school? they have to go to college...
      Originally posted by DChess
      how does it feel when you touch yourself at night knowing you havent been with a girl in a long long time.

Comment

I like big playoff formats

Comment

Ok, let's go through this again. D-IA is the only level without a playoff. D-IAA, DII, and DIII all have one. So it can be done. One of the main reasons for not having one, is "the number os games". So what did the NCAA do this year? Make everyone play 12 reg. season games. Plus Conf. champs, plus a bowl game. That is 14 games. Stupid. If you put every D-IA team into 8 conferences, you can keep every team at 10 games. The 8 Conf. Champs. will replace the 8 smaller bowls. Then take the 8 champs plus the next 8 teams an put them into a tourny. 2 teams will play 15 games. This allows for great non-conference matchups like Texas-OSU. If 1 loss is going to knock you out of NC contention, nobody will play these great games. That would be a major loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
            The nice thing about the system is that we can argue over who should be in what position. It's sort of fun.

What would it have been last year? Who would have been the 4 teams?
            Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas, USC.
            Is that really fair? What did ND win? Like, it just creates more controversy. I don't think there is a perfect solution. ND wasn't an undisputed 4 in polls...
            OSU was 4 in the polls, actually, BCS and AP.

Comment

neither. i mean sure the BCS has screwed up sometimes, but the whole regular season in college football is like a playoff, if you lose 2 games you dont have a chance to get in the national championship.

Lionsmack

Originally posted by elway777
              They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
              The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.

Comment

i say have 12 weeks of regular season, then all the bowl games in one week, then have a 16 (4 weeks) or 32 (5 weeks) team playoff

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian
                  You not going to see a playoff format for the forseeable future. The colleges will do nothing to wreck the financial bonanza that is the Bowl system. Playoffs are just a dream.
                  The NCAA is comitted to maximizing the profits for each conference and college. They no longer care who ends up National Champion. It is all about money and how much profit you can get out of paying players peanuts while receiving millions of dollars in revenue. It is much the same as pro sports, Before the unions the owners kept 99% of the profits and made hundreds of millions of dollars, today they are forced to share that income among their players. In college the players today get 1% of the profits and the colleges keep the other 99%.
                  Because the NCAA wants to keep the 1/99% ratio, they aren't going to do anything to change the status quo. The system stinks and is totally corrupt and the NCAA isn't going to want anybody to take a close look at it. So you are never going to see a playoff format in college football!

i couldn't agree more. looks like you know your stuff. a playoff is a far fetched dream of college football fans

Lionsmack

They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by iworshipbender
                    i say have 12 weeks of regular season, then all the bowl games in one week, then have a 16 (4 weeks) or 32 (5 weeks) team playoff
                    21 or 22 week reg season in college football?????????
                    no way :roll:

your crazy man

Lionsmack

Comment

Originally posted by dcrls

your crazy man
                      no genius 12 weeks in reg then have the extra weeks for the post season, it would be around 16 or 17 total weeks including post season :roll:

Comment

your crazy man
                        12+4=16
                        12+5=17
                        Welcome to 1st grade math.

Comment

oops. im a dumbass

Lionsmack

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway

your crazy man
                            12+4=16
                            12+5=17
                            Welcome to 1st grade math.
                            With no byes of course.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

no its a 12 week regular season, byes included

Comment

no its a 12 week regular season, byes included
                                So you're going to cut the regular season by 2-3 games?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information