Clear All

Originally posted by danman253
    Notre Dame and its not even close
    Here, here!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Does anyone know a site where I can pull up the preseason polls from these years in question?

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
        Does anyone know a site where I can pull up the preseason polls from these years in question?
        I was going to do that but had to go to school. Go ahead and do it if you want.

I should go back and change my vote to Notre Dame, they are the most overrated team and probally always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Behrendt
          I was going to do that but had to go to school. Go ahead and do it if you want.

I should go back and change my vote to Notre Dame, they are the most overrated team and probally always will be.
          I would check it out but I can't find a site that provides that info. My point being that I'm not sure Notre Dame is the most overrated. Mostly because they really weren't expected to do much. Last year they were unranked and receieved one vote in the preseason poll. Who was overrating them.

Michigan started at 4 and ended up being unranked.

Who was overrated there?

I'm going to lunch but I'll look into it deeper in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST
            well if we're doing from 96, FSU has been in 3 national championship games. Only other team with that much is USC.
            Actually, OU has played in 3, and USC has only played in 2. :roll:

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Notre Dame. In this ten year period, they haven't met expectations, yet every year it feels like they SHOULD win. They never do. Also, NFL output hasn't been as tremendous as the other schools IMO...

Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I cant believe Florida hasnt been getting more mention. I guess there good year has blinded everyone. The Gators havent done anything really in the last 10 years. I think one BCS bowl apperance and a couple SEC championship games. This is a team that always has highly ranked recruiting classes and doesnt do much. Also, they havent been putting out a whole lot of elite NFL prospects. Thoughts, opinions, objections?

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
                  Notre Dame. In this ten year period, they haven't met expectations, yet every year it feels like they SHOULD win. They never do. Also, NFL output hasn't been as tremendous as the other schools IMO...
                  I looked into it a bit as far as past polls. Notre Dame hasn't been good in the past 10 years (at least up to their standards), that much is obvious. But who was overrating them? There were a quite a few times where they weren't in the top 25 in the preseason polls.

There is a difference between struggling and being overrated. They have struggled over the past 10 years but the media has been right on with them most years as to where they thought they would be and where they actually ended up.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Behrendt
                    I cant believe Florida hasnt been getting more mention. I guess there good year has blinded everyone. The Gators havent done anything really in the last 10 years. I think one BCS bowl apperance and a couple SEC championship games. This is a team that always has highly ranked recruiting classes and doesnt do much. Also, they havent been putting out a whole lot of elite NFL prospects. Thoughts, opinions, objections?
                    They won a National Championship in 1996.

Comment

Every year it seems as though Notre Dame is either supposed to be a BCS bowl team or a national champ. Year in and year out. Even last year. Weis came in, and even though they did not start ranked, they were supposed to be at worst a 2 loss team by their standards. Look at this year. One loss and this season is a bust.

Comment

Notre Dame has really only had really high expectations a few of the last 10 years. Ty's second year they were highly ranked and Charlie's second year. People forget that Notre Dame wasn't ranked in the preseason top 25 for most of the last 10 years.

Comment

Every year it seems as though Notre Dame is either supposed to be a BCS bowl team or a national champ. Year in and year out. Even last year. Weis came in, and even though they did not start ranked, they were supposed to be at worst a 2 loss team by their standards. Look at this year. One loss and this season is a bust.
                          Same could be said with Michigan. They have often been ranked in the top 8 in the country preseason and more time than not have not finished in that area.

Also every year it doesn't seem like Notre Dame is supposed to be a BCS bowl team. This is the first year it has been like that in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                            Notre Dame has really only had really high expectations a few of the last 10 years. Ty's second year they were highly ranked and Charlie's second year. People forget that Notre Dame wasn't ranked in the preseason top 25 for most of the last 10 years.
                            Thank you. Which is why they shouldn't be winning this poll. If this poll was which team was the worst over the past 10 years, fine vote for Notre Dame then. But not many people were overrating them. I voted for Georgia.

Comment

Same could be said with Michigan. They have often been ranked in the top 8 in the country preseason and more time than not have not finished in that area.

Also every year it doesn't seem like Notre Dame is supposed to be a BCS bowl team. This is the first year it has been like that in a long time.
                              i agree michigan is usually overrated, but there is no way that they are blasted for a 1-2 loss season like ND usually is.

Comment

Seriously, Notre Dame should not even be an option. let alone be in the lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information