Most Overrated Program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snuff
    Not really NJX, if you look at the poll it says 96-06.

Also Michigan since 96 Michigan has gone up in rank 4 out of the 10 times.

And out of the 6 times they feel they were all less than 7, except of course for last year.

They have only fallen from a top10 place four times and none where that far...
    in 2006 they fell from 4 to off.
    in 2004 they fell from 8 to 14.
    in 2000 they fell from 6 to 11.
    in 1998 the fell from 5 to 12.
    nope, you're right, i read the 04 on the notre dame part as "94" instead. nm.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9

Gj stupid moderator.

Comment

Gj stupid moderator.
        for a second, i thought i was finally going to get a chance to argue with you about something meaningless.

Comment

Gj stupid moderator.
          for a second, i thought i was finally going to get a chance to argue with you about something meaningless.
          Some day we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Behrendt
            To me, by far the most overrated program is Texas.
            Agreed.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

They have actually never finished inside the top 25 when they started in the top 25, which is 4 times.
              I thought I remembered them starting at about 22 one season and actually finishing in the exact same spot at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by achilles109
                flame me all you want but I voted tennesse.. They won a national championship, sure, but every year they are ranked higher in the preseason polls than they end up. They always look good on paper, but never amount to squat.. Tennesse doesn't get as much media attention as Notre Dame, Texas, USC, and Michigan, but they still under produce every year.
                I am a huge Tennessee fan and agree with everything you said unfortantly. To help further your point Tennessee gets more media coverage then probally any team. They are seen on national television pretty much every week, whether it be ESPN Primetime or CBS. However the one argument for Tennessee is there schedule. Teams such as Texas(although the big 12 wasnt always horrible) and USC should pretty much always go through the regular season with 1 loss or less. SEC teams on the other hand just beat the **** out of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
                  They have actually never finished inside the top 25 when they started in the top 25, which is 4 times.
                  I thought I remembered them starting at about 22 one season and actually finishing in the exact same spot at the end of the year.
                  That would be true. My bad I somehow missed the 0 on 98.

Comment

nd
                    Demetrius Jones will be a better and more productive qb than Ryan Mallet.

Comment

flame me all you want but I voted tennesse.. They won a national championship, sure, but every year they are ranked higher in the preseason polls than they end up. They always look good on paper, but never amount to squat.. Tennesse doesn't get as much media attention as Notre Dame, Texas, USC, and Michigan, but they still under produce every year.
                      I am a huge Tennessee fan and agree with everything you said unfortantly. To help further your point Tennessee gets more media coverage then probally any team. They are seen on national television pretty much every week, whether it be ESPN Primetime or CBS. However the one argument for Tennessee is there schedule. Teams such as Texas(although the big 12 wasnt always horrible) and USC should pretty much always go through the regular season with 1 loss or less. SEC teams on the other hand just beat the *********** out of each other.

thats not a knock on usc or texas, thats a compliment to mack brown and pete carrol, its gotten to the point to where all the top tier athletes want to choose from those schools first, then everywhere else second, thus the coordinator jobs are highly touted, which is how we landed chiznik from auburn the year they went undefeated...

it used to be where more schools in the big 12 spread out the talent, its swaying more and more as of recently....but i hope we continue to schedule big non conference games, i love it as a fan, shows me what my team really has....

i dont mind losing games to the likes of OSU, and im sure their true fans didnt mind losing to use that year, says alot about your program, and when you win, it helps out more then anything....

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I don't mean to sound like a jackass, but the reason we didn't mind lossing to texas is because we were on top all game.. A few missed opertuinitys, Ryan Hamby, Huston field goals, Smith saftey, and Zwick fumbul swung it in texa's favor. Its not that Texas did not deserve to win, they obviously did because they didnt shoot themselves in the foot as much, but Ohio State knew they could outplay the top teams in the nation....

Penn State was a heart breaker
                        Originally posted by DChess
                        how does it feel when you touch yourself at night knowing you havent been with a girl in a long long time.

Comment

I don't mean to sound like a jackass, but the reason we didn't mind lossing to texas is because we were on top all game.. A few missed opertuinitys, Ryan Hamby, Huston field goals, Smith saftey, and Zwick fumbul swung it in texa's favor. Its not that Texas did not deserve to win, they obviously did because they didnt shoot themselves in the foot as much, but Ohio State knew they could outplay the top teams in the nation....

Just let it all out. Don't hold back your feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
                            I am a huge Tennessee fan and agree with everything you said unfortantly. To help further your point Tennessee gets more media coverage then probally any team. They are seen on national television pretty much every week, whether it be ESPN Primetime or CBS. However the one argument for Tennessee is there schedule. Teams such as Texas(although the big 12 wasnt always horrible) and USC should pretty much always go through the regular season with 1 loss or less. SEC teams on the other hand just beat the *********** out of each other.

thats not a knock on usc or texas, thats a compliment to mack brown and pete carrol, its gotten to the point to where all the top tier athletes want to choose from those schools first, then everywhere else second, thus the coordinator jobs are highly touted, which is how we landed chiznik from auburn the year they went undefeated...
                            Dont compare USC and Texas in recruiting... Everyone looks to USC, but Texas is no different than Michigan or tOSU. They both pretty much clean up in their state which is all Texas really does, they just have a lot larger talent base.

2006 Texas class had 2 out of state prospects and they were a 3 and 4 star prospect. They had 25 come in.
                            2005 had 2 out of state prospect, again a 3 and 4 star. They had 15 come in.
                            2004 0 out of state prospects. They had 20 come in.
                            2003 0 out of state prospects. They had 18 come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                              I cant believe Florida hasnt been getting more mention. I guess there good year has blinded everyone. The Gators havent done anything really in the last 10 years. I think one BCS bowl apperance and a couple SEC championship games. This is a team that always has highly ranked recruiting classes and doesnt do much. Also, they havent been putting out a whole lot of elite NFL prospects. Thoughts, opinions, objections?
                              They won a National Championship in 1996.
                              Then underachieved for 9 years, and are now having a good season.
                              Florida went to three BCS bowls in the five years after the national championship. Then Ron Zook was Ron Zook for three years. This season we have a very good shot at a BCS bowl and things look bright for the future. We also probably played more eventual national champions than anyone over that span (4). Recruiting was always pretty good but usually not upper echelon.
                              Lloyd Carr: "I hope one day we have a system where all the issues are decided on the field."

"Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them," Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them."

Comment

Just let it all out. Don't hold back your feelings.
                                I don't think that was too bad... I gave credit to Texas, they did win a National Championship :(
                                Originally posted by DChess
                                how does it feel when you touch yourself at night knowing you havent been with a girl in a long long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information