No announcement yet.

Most Overrated Program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ND just for the fact that they don't win very many bowl games.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by snuff
      Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
      Originally posted by Greg Behrendt
      Originally posted by achilles109
      flame me all you want but I voted tennesse.. They won a national championship, sure, but every year they are ranked higher in the preseason polls than they end up. They always look good on paper, but never amount to squat.. Tennesse doesn't get as much media attention as Notre Dame, Texas, USC, and Michigan, but they still under produce every year.
      I am a huge Tennessee fan and agree with everything you said unfortantly. To help further your point Tennessee gets more media coverage then probally any team. They are seen on national television pretty much every week, whether it be ESPN Primetime or CBS. However the one argument for Tennessee is there schedule. Teams such as Texas(although the big 12 wasnt always horrible) and USC should pretty much always go through the regular season with 1 loss or less. SEC teams on the other hand just beat the *********** out of each other.

thats not a knock on usc or texas, thats a compliment to mack brown and pete carrol, its gotten to the point to where all the top tier athletes want to choose from those schools first, then everywhere else second, thus the coordinator jobs are highly touted, which is how we landed chiznik from auburn the year they went undefeated...
      Dont compare USC and Texas in recruiting... Everyone looks to USC, but Texas is no different than Michigan or tOSU. They both pretty much clean up in their state which is all Texas really does, they just have a lot larger talent base.

2006 Texas class had 2 out of state prospects and they were a 3 and 4 star prospect. They had 25 come in.
      2005 had 2 out of state prospect, again a 3 and 4 star. They had 15 come in.
      2004 0 out of state prospects. They had 20 come in.
      2003 0 out of state prospects. They had 18 come in.

whats your point? cause i really dont care

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

flame me all you want but I voted tennesse.. They won a national championship, sure, but every year they are ranked higher in the preseason polls than they end up. They always look good on paper, but never amount to squat.. Tennesse doesn't get as much media attention as Notre Dame, Texas, USC, and Michigan, but they still under produce every year.
        I am a huge Tennessee fan and agree with everything you said unfortantly. To help further your point Tennessee gets more media coverage then probally any team. They are seen on national television pretty much every week, whether it be ESPN Primetime or CBS. However the one argument for Tennessee is there schedule. Teams such as Texas(although the big 12 wasnt always horrible) and USC should pretty much always go through the regular season with 1 loss or less. SEC teams on the other hand just beat the *********** out of each other.

thats not a knock on usc or texas, thats a compliment to mack brown and pete carrol, its gotten to the point to where all the top tier athletes want to choose from those schools first, then everywhere else second, thus the coordinator jobs are highly touted, which is how we landed chiznik from auburn the year they went undefeated...
        Dont compare USC and Texas in recruiting... Everyone looks to USC, but Texas is no different than Michigan or tOSU. They both pretty much clean up in their state which is all Texas really does, they just have a lot larger talent base.

2006 Texas class had 2 out of state prospects and they were a 3 and 4 star prospect. They had 25 come in.

If you don't care then why are you asking what is point is?

Comment

UT recruiting is fine... The thing is we dont need to go out of state because we have all the best talent in the great state of Texas. When we speak with recruits out of state Oscar, Ken, Mac, Bobby all go through the motions and we dont really extend ourselves to recruiting these guys unless they are five star recruits. We get the best players from Texas usually without any hassle.

This year we have got 3 out of state recruits so far and one of them is a Five star QB and the other is a Four star player. Thats all we really need for out of state recruits. Everything else we can find in Texas :).

Speaking of overrated, Georgia & ND get my votes. No question here in my opinion.
          Whats up buttercup!

Comment

Georgia....haven't really accomplished as much as it may seem as far as bowl games...and they haven't had anywhere near the amount of pro players as programs like miami, florida state, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sodar21

If you don't care then why are you asking what is point is?

because you dont realize how pointless it is to note that texas does not recruit out of state athletes, seeing as how majority of the in state ones they land are blue chip, 5 star athletes...i didnt know that was a part of the job, lets get alot of good athletes, and make sure a handful are out of state for diversity :roll:

i honestly dont care if we get all texas players, or all florida, or from everywhere, as long as we continue to finish in the top 5 across the nation EVERY year in recruiting the best athletes at every position, i personally could care less what state they are from, and i highly doubt anyone else cares where they went to HS

Comment

His point was the USC gets people from all over the nation every year, but teams like Ohio State, Texas, and Michigan take the best in-state prospects and then get only a few out of state guys. USC is on top of the recruiting world, and teams like Texas, OSU, and Mich are behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                  His point was the USC gets people from all over the nation every year, but teams like Ohio State, Texas, and Michigan take the best in-state prospects and then get only a few out of state guys. USC is on top of the recruiting world, and teams like Texas, OSU, and Mich are behind them.

which is fine by me even if that is the case....

but still, since 2000 im not sure how many times Texas has landed the top class, but its been more then once, the times we havent we have been in the top 5....ill take that any day, even if they are only players in texas

Comment

UT doesn't completely clean up the best recruits from their state. OU takes a lot from Texas also.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Originally posted by nrk
                      UT doesn't completely clean up the best recruits from their state. OU takes a lot from Texas also.
                      AD being 1

Comment

Originally posted by thah0ward2
                        Originally posted by nrk
                        AD being 1

they take alot more then that, but texas cant have every single athlete that is good in texas, they dont have enough scholarships to go around like that, we get a nice handful, and try to make the best out of them...but im not worried about losing atheletes to oklahoma, its more then just a few good football players out of texas, its not like this is a small state for football talent

Comment

I voted for ND, and they are running away with it.

Comment

Try Miami(Fla) and why they aren't even on the list over a Florida State team who beat them heads up is beyond me. They're just a bunch of thugs who get everything handed to them. Until recently, they had hardly any compition to worry about in the regular season and all those Nation Championships while playing in the Big Easy are all tainted, they didn't play a worthy scedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokeys
                              UT recruiting is fine... The thing is we dont need to go out of state because we have all the best talent in the great state of Texas. When we speak with recruits out of state Oscar, Ken, Mac, Bobby all go through the motions and we dont really extend ourselves to recruiting these guys unless they are five star recruits. We get the best players from Texas usually without any hassle.

This year we have got 3 out of state recruits so far and one of them is a Five star QB and the other is a Four star player. Thats all we really need for out of state recruits. Everything else we can find in Texas :).

Speaking of overrated, Georgia & ND get my votes. No question here in my opinion.
                              they ARE the best athletes in the nation, but the thing is they are really really stupid. i wouldnt trust them taking a 6th grade math test.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean
                                Originally posted by Pokeys

they ARE the best athletes in the nation, but the thing is they are really really stupid. i wouldnt trust them taking a 6th grade math test.
                                Who is "they"? Longhorn recruits? Are you being serious about those 2 comments?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information