• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta go with BCS, playoffs are just injury risks

Comment

8 teams would be perfect...

Comment

BCS works best for the national champion when there are two teams from major conferences who are both undefeated.

EX: USC vs Texas

What do you do in the BCS if there are 4 undefeated teams? Though unlikely it could happen. Or what if there isn't an undefeated team and a bunch of teams who have lost 1-2 games. Then the system is very controversial.

Comment

BCS me so everyone game is incredibly important. Unless you only have a 4-team playoff (which will still bring controversy). You pretty much can't win, some team is always going to feel snubbed regardless of what the system is.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions

Comment

i say a 32 team playoff would b awesome

Comment

32 would be way too much.

Comment

playoffs all the way

Comment

I'm not against the BCS but if they went to a playoff system I wouldn't mind that either

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

College football has the best regular season of any sport. A playoff would dilute the importance and meaning of the regular season. I would keep the BCS. The ONLY system i might be ok with would be a plus one system....only so 2004 Aub/Okl/USC would not happen again.....

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I think an 8 team playoff would be the best post season.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

I can't believe there are 21 people that voted for BCS.

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
                          College football has the best regular season of any sport. A playoff would dilute the importance and meaning of the regular season. I would keep the BCS. The ONLY system i might be ok with would be a plus one system....only so 2004 Aub/Okl/USC would not happen again.....
                          I disagree with that statement.

Those great rivalry game such as Michigan-OSU, Oklahoma-Texas and USC-UCLA would still be HUGE draws.

Playoffs wouldn't take away from the regular season and they would ADD great games.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post

Those great rivalry game such as Michigan-OSU, Oklahoma-Texas and USC-UCLA would still be HUGE draws.

Playoffs wouldn't take away from the regular season and they would ADD great games.
                            It would in a way. In college football to even get to the NC you have to win every game during the season. If there was a playoff those games would lose value and you could lose 1, even 2 games and still get a chance to win the championship.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post

well your free to disagree, but my statement still stands. A 3 lost Colorado team in 2001 would have been in the playoff. Which means the first time, no second time, no third time they lost would not have meant much. The USC faithful would not be as hurt from a lost to UCLA, because they would still be in the hunt. There would be resting players and players looking forward to the playoffs. No more would teams play for the season, but play to make the playoffs. So losses would not hurt as much and wins would not be as special. Really, do you think the OSU/Mich game would have been as huge had there been a playoff afterwards? that no matter who won both would still have a shot at the NC. That means aside from pride and tradition, the game did not mean nearly as much to the overall SEASON.

It WOULD dilute the meaning of the reg season. I LOVE college football, more than the NFL. I do not want to see the best reg season in all of sports sacraficed for a fun 2-3 week playoff.

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information