ND Spring game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
    Clausen is 3 months younger than Amobi Okoye.
    That just baffles me, i think its funny

Comment

the important thing is not clausen

Everyone ND biggest knock is we don't have speed, my boy demeteri has speed, he can throw on the run, has a great deep ball but everyone talks about. First of all I hate weiss I met him and I have been to his camps and he is known for meaning a a hole and he thinks once u lose a top qb u have to get the next big name guess what u have a good starter and if u keep downing him before he has a snap ur gonna kill his career. Clausen whole family blows they are good high school qb that's all. Both of he brothers got bench then cut and the all were top qb in their classes where are they know he is a 20 year old kid who was playing high school kids who doesn't look good playing high school kids. I mean its knock hard to look good playing high school ball I mean I wish DJ went too ILLini but family ties at ND. But the way people hype clausen up u would think he was a manning yes he has football family but guess big difference manning are actually good.
      One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by jj45 View Post
        Everyone ND biggest knock is we don't have speed, my boy demeteri has speed, he can throw on the run, has a great deep ball but everyone talks about. First of all I hate weiss I met him and I have been to his camps and he is known for meaning a a hole and he thinks once u lose a top qb u have to get the next big name guess what u have a good starter and if u keep downing him before he has a snap ur gonna kill his career. Clausen whole family blows they are good high school qb that's all. Both of he brothers got bench then cut and the all were top qb in their classes where are they know he is a 20 year old kid who was playing high school kids who doesn't look good playing high school kids. I mean its knock hard to look good playing high school ball I mean I wish DJ went too ILLini but family ties at ND. But the way people hype clausen up u would think he was a manning yes he has football family but guess big difference manning are actually good.
        Rick Clausen was mediocre, but Casey Clausen was actually a good college quarterback, and was never benched

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

So how about the defense how did they look?

Comment

19 is still young. and he wont be 26 entering the NFL. Most likey 25 and ya thats old and stock go down

Comment

well if he stays 3 years and then leaves which i think is most likely he will be 22 going on 23 which is normal for a qb

Comment

the other clausen brothers didnt have charlie as their coach though, just look at the numbers from quinns fresh-soph to his junior-senior years under weiss, huge difference. With a coach like weiss his entire college career he has potential to be great.

Comment

Weis went into the Spring game with the intention of showing nothing regarding QBs. He wanted to display the run game and have teams thinking about that, along with the new look of the defense.

If you can get judgment on the ND QB situation from the spring game, then you're either a genius at rating QBs or a first rate idiot.

Comment

so how did the run game look?

Comment

Originally posted by JayP View Post
                      Weis went into the Spring game with the intention of showing nothing regarding QBs. He wanted to display the run game and have teams thinking about that, along with the new look of the defense.

If you can get judgment on the ND QB situation from the spring game, then you're either a genius at rating QBs or a first rate idiot.
                      or you're just not blind. one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by JCarver27 View Post
                        Right....because in 7 passes, with no deep balls and no formations to disguise if you're passing or running, you can really tell who the starting QB is gonna be. Get back to me when you've tutored a Super Bowl winning QB and a 1st round QB, and I'll listen then.

As far as the run game went, it looked good. It'll have to be, because Weis wants to have an effective run game to take the pressure off of the QB, whoever it may be.

Back to the QB situation....word is Weis saw enough in the closed practices and will narrow the race to 2 people at the end of this month when he gets back from the recruiting trail. He's reportedly going to make a public announcement about it to stop the press from hounding his players for info.

My thought on the matter is....don't expect to hear the starter announced until the last moment possible before the Ga. Tech game.

Comment

super defensive ND fans are hilarious.

you can watch a QB and tell at least a little bit about him. I never said you could tell who the starter was.

take a deep breath, eat 80 XL pizza's like your hero, and relax.

Comment

No more so that super idiotic Buckeye fans.

So you can look and see that Demetrius Jones is head and shoulders above the others as far as being a team leader goes? Great. Doesn't mean you know squat else, and I think the majority of people are looking to get any info on who the starter may be.

Pipe down and get back to knitting sweater vests.

Comment

yeah the sweater vest thing isn't really an insult. being a gigantic blob of a piece of crap is.

also, try reading. I still have yet to say that anybody is better than anybody else. do they hand out books on building straw man arguments when you sign up to become a No D fan?

Comment

I can read quite well, which is more than I can say for most OSU players and fans, present company included.

I can also tell when someone's trying to imply something without really saying it. It's an old message board tactic, so you can go back later and say "I didn't say that!".

Saying this:
                                after I've said you couldn't get a read on the ND QB situation based on the spring game means you have an opinion, but you don't want to be ridiculed for being horribly wrong.

Your little statement
                                you can watch a QB and tell at least a little bit about him.
                                back ups by belief that you have an opinion. You just don't wanna state it, because you have no basis for any opinion other than your dislike for ND.

Now you're backtracking and resorting to the "Weis is fat" tactic to cover your butt.

I could be wrong though....you could just be a stupid flamer or another OSU fan who thinks they know everything about every college football team, but really doesn't know crap.

Save your stupid comments, say "ND SUCKS!!!!", and be on your way.
                                Last edited by JayP; 05-10-2007, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information