Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would give Ohio State the best game in the NC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of those teams, beyond Michigan, Florida and Arkansas. Florida has everything. Solid on defense with playmakers on offense. Arkansas has the runningbacks to dominate. Of course, I think their defense would eventually tire down. So really, Florida and Michigan, but I've said those are the only two teams I feel that are on Ohio State's level for quite some time now (though that wouldn't mean that any other school couldn't give them a good game).
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by The OUTLAW
      People just aren't taking into consideration that this is a rivalry. OSU has played Michigan once a year for a long long time and generally speaking that one game was for all the marbles. One team went on to play in the Rose Bowl and often for a national championship and the other team waited til next year. Now I understand why Michigan wants a rematch, but the bottom line is that it's always been one and done and it really shouldn't change this year.
      BUT!.

heres the question that needs answered.

Even though Michigan lost to OSU.

Texas was dominated by OSU
      USC Lost to unranked Oregon State have to beat ND
      ND Lost to Michigan by 26 and have to beat USC
      Florida lost to #11 Auburn.
      Arkansas lost to USC by 36 points
      Louisville lost to #15 Rutgers
      WVU lost to #5 Louisville
      Rutgers lost to Unranked Cincy
      Boise State is undefeated but hasn't played a ranked team all season.

Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 points. By Common Sense (Not bcs standards) Michigan should stay #2. And Vie for the NC.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I can't think of even one team has ever lost a game (even against the number one) and not moved downward in the polls. How're you going to lose and stay at 2. I see Michigan falling to 3 and only getting a shot at OSU if USC loses. And even then people would be tempted to use the timing of the losses to possibly bump ND over Mich (which would be a daggone shame).
        Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Arkansas can hang with the Buckeyes, and maybe even beat them.

The rest of that list, I'm not as sure (yesterday's UM-tOSU game wasn't as close as the 3-pt margin would indicate).
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I can't think of even one team has ever lost a game (even against the number one) and not moved downward in the polls. How're you going to lose and stay at 2. I see Michigan falling to 3 and only getting a shot at OSU if USC loses. And even then people would be tempted to use the timing of the losses to possibly bump ND over Mich (which would be a daggone shame).
            ND lost last year and I'm pretty sure they stayed right where they were.

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
            People just aren't taking into consideration that this is a rivalry. OSU has played Michigan once a year for a long long time and generally speaking that one game was for all the marbles. One team went on to play in the Rose Bowl and often for a national championship and the other team waited til next year. Now I understand why Michigan wants a rematch, but the bottom line is that it's always been one and done and it really shouldn't change this year.
            BUT!.

heres the question that needs answered.

Even though Michigan lost to OSU.

Texas was dominated by OSU
            USC Lost to unranked Oregon State have to beat ND
            ND Lost to Michigan by 26 and have to beat USC
            Florida lost to #11 Auburn.
            Arkansas lost to USC by 36 points
            Louisville lost to #15 Rutgers
            WVU lost to #5 Louisville
            Rutgers lost to Unranked Cincy
            Boise State is undefeated but hasn't played a ranked team all season.

Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 points. By Common Sense (Not bcs standards) Michigan should stay #2. And Vie for the NC.
            Not sure why two-loss Texas was brought up. It'd depend on how impressive USC could look in a win against ND to see how they've improved. ND shouldn't be in the discussion. Florida cam off a huge win, went to a ranked Auburn's house, looked impressive, had a controversial call, and didn't lose by much. Arkansas is a completely different team from when they faced USC, but we saw what happens when you don't have a solid QB (Rutgers). Not sure why Louisville is in the discussion. WVU should actually be in the discussion, but they have no shot now. Not sure why Rutgers or BSU are in the conversation.

So really, IMO, the teams that should be up for consideration are Michigan, Florida, WVU, USC, and Arkansas. And I'd probably say that they're deserving of being in the NC in that order.
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Notre Dame is a strange case. They get alot more respect than they deserve at all times.
              Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser

Vince Lombardi

Comment

If ND beats USC, and Arkansas beats top-10 LSU and top-5 Florida, what happens there?

Comment

Arkansas or Michigan would have the best shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland31
                    We beat Michigan.....give me a new team to beat.

Michigans just lucky there was 3 turnovers giving them great field position or this game would have been won by 3 TD's.
                    jesus christ, you are ridiculous. it was great game. Turnovers are part of the game. I could say "If Manningham would have caught that pass we would have won." or"If Crable did not hit Smith." Christ5 you're dumb.

Comment

When one team beats another, you move on to the next challenge.

You dont get 2nd chances in college football. Thats why this game was so big and the better team won, both teams knew this going into the game.
                      Thats not the question at hand. Its who gives the best matchup against them ace.

Comment

We beat Michigan.....give me a new team to beat.

Michigans just lucky there was 3 turnovers giving them great field position or this game would have been won by 3 TD's.
                        And thats OSU's fault. You messed up, thats why the games are played. How do you know it wouldn't happen again. Don't make excuses, Mental mistakes are part of the game

Props to Darnik

Originally posted by CutlerChris
                        Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
                        ^^^^^^
                        OMFG LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Geo
                          Arkansas can hang with the Buckeyes, and maybe even beat them.

The rest of that list, I'm not as sure (yesterday's UM-tOSU game wasn't as close as the 3-pt margin would indicate).
                          No offense, and I don't mean to come off as some arrogant OSU fan (I know, too late right?), and not just to pick on Arkansas, but who has the defense to actually hang with OSU? That would be no one. UM is clearly the #2 team in the country, with an outstanding D, but we scored 42 on them, even with 3 turnovers.

So, quite honestly, I don't see anyone outside of USC hanging with them. (and no, I don't think UM should be in the championship game, they didn't win their conf.) And, Arkansas would get killed. Yes, anything can happen on any day, but let's be realistic, we will not get a USC/TEXAS match-up like last year. So, I say USC.

Comment

Michigan had their chance at the #1 team in the country, and failed, now give another team a shot to try and prove themselves!

USC is that team IMO.

Comment

Michigan had their chance at the #1 team in the country, and failed, now give another team a shot to try and prove themselves!

USC is that team IMO.
                              I'll say it again, you're just scared of Michigan because you know that they could very easily beat you.

Comment

I'll say it again, you're just scared of Michigan because you know that they could very easily beat you.
                                Why am I scared of UM???? Im just a poster, the OSU players allready proved there not scared and that there better so give them a new challenge.

PS - in major league baseball you get another chance, not college football.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information