Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ten Awards

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphic...igTenTeams.pdf

James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead. :roll:

Comment

James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead.
      The award goes to the best player, not to the guy with the best stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland31
        James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead.
        I guess that explains why Mike Hass won the Biletnikoff last year.

Comment

The player that played the best has the best stats buddy.

Comment

imo Mitch King should be on the second team over Patterson, I'm surprised he wasn't even an honorable mention.
            10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
              James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead. :roll:
              Obviously the coaches see something the media doesn't since Gonzo is Honorable Mention by the media.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions

Comment

I think they should've swapped Ginn and Gonzo for first and second team honors, but it really doesn't matter. Ginn is a better player and he had more catches, yards, and touchdowns, but oh well. I'm also baffled how Alex Boone didn't even catch HM all big ten - he's only our most talented lineman.

Comment

Spencer got his spot. I'm happy.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                  <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Looks pretty good overall. That DL is ridiculous. Woodley, Branch, Pitcock, Spencer, nasty.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by NickBam
                      Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                      Obviously the coaches see something the media doesn't since Gonzo is Honorable Mention by the media.
                      I honestly think the Media does a better job of these teams and polls. I mean the coaches gave Purdue votes for the top 25 this week.

Didn't see the Media before. Good to see Hardy and Porter on there. Would have liked to see Myers get Honorable Mention but meh.

Comment

I honestly think the Media does a better job of these teams and polls. I mean the coaches gave Purdue votes for the top 25 this week.
                        Im pretty sure coaches would know players alot better than the media would. There with these guys all week long, not just Saturdays for College Game Day.

Comment

Im pretty sure coaches would know players alot better than the media would. There with these guys all week long, not just Saturdays for College Game Day.
                          Explain to me how coaches of other teams are with players every single day.

Comment

THEY ARE COACHES OF THE SAME CONFERENCE (hint why it is the Big Ten awards). Which means once to twice a year each coach gets an entire week to prepare for another Big ten school. The media doesnt do this, the coaches are the ones that know everything.

Why are you argueing that the media has better knowledge over the players than the coaches? It isnt even close!!!!

Coaches recruit them, coach then, scout them, etc......

Explain to me how coaches of other teams are with players every single day.
                            Ummmm I never said that, I said they practice with their own teams and scout other teams all week.

Comment

THEY ARE COACHES OF THE SAME CONFERENCE (hint why it is the Big Ten awards). Which means once to twice a year each coach gets an entire week to prepare for another Big ten school. The media doesnt do this, the coaches are the ones that know everything.

Why are you argueing that coaches have a better understanding over the media? It isnt even close!!!!
                              Actually it is very debatable. How can you say that Gonzalez deserves it more than Hardy? Please explain that to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information