No announcement yet.

Doak Walker Finalists announced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote Marshawn in both catagories...I think he has more potential has as a big playmaker than Hart. I would be hard pressed to pick Peterson over Lynch to be honest with you
    Fight On USC Trojans!

gamertag: uscfan06

Comment

Originally posted by RWFender1
      I vote Marshawn in both catagories...I think he has more potential has as a big playmaker than Hart. I would be hard pressed to pick Peterson over Lynch to be honest with you
      That awful homerish. Hart has been a factor in every game, moreso than Lynch. More Yards, tds, carries. Hart is a top 5 college back, and honestley only Peterson and McFadden are the guys i'd take over him on the college level.

Comment

how is that homerish? im not even a Cal fan. Hart is pretty standard runningback who gets the job done...Lynch is way more dynamic and explosive of a player. I can see you picking McFadden but I dont think Hart has anything on Lynch IMO
        Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

Also, dont get me wrong, I dont mean to take anything away from Hart I just think Marshawn is a better canidate for the award...Hart just happens to play on a Top 3 team
          Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

how is that homerish? im not even a Cal fan. Hart is pretty standard runningback who gets the job done...Lynch is way more dynamic and explosive of a player. I can see you picking McFadden but I dont think Hart has anything on Lynch IMO

West coast bias?

Look i jumoed the gun a bit, but hart has rushed for 100 yards 10 times this year, and at least 91 in every game. Consistent, durable, NEVER FUMBLES, breaks tackles, better t reading his blocks. His only knock, and its a big one, is size. Size is not a huge factor in college, but in the pros, it is.

Comment

Marshawn does all those things plus he throws and catches great. I just think its a shame he is not in the running is all, i think he is a special player.

Isnt Marshawn almost the same size as Hart?
              Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

Being totally objective, McFadden deserves the award. Unlike the other two, he doesn't run behind some of the best blocking in college football. He's been a warrior for Arkansas this year. But I could live with Slaton winning it too :D

Comment

Marshawn does all those things plus he throws and catches great. I just think its a shame he is not in the running is all, i think he is a special player.

Isnt Marshawn almost the same size as Hart?
                  Hart is 5'9 197, Lynch is what 5'11 200+?

Hart can receive too, but is used seldom in that because of the zone blocking.

Comment

Originally posted by 062704
                    Being totally objective, McFadden deserves the award. Unlike the other two, he doesn't run behind some of the best blocking in college football. He's been a warrior for Arkansas this year. But I could live with Slaton winning it too :D
                    Slaton blew it last game with 40 yards vs. USF, but yes, McFadden should win

Comment

Oh, I guess Lynch is bigger...I thought I recalled Hart being listed at 5'10 but guess I was wrong,

I agree that McFadden is the heart of the Arkansas offense...if Peterson was healthy he would have probably locked the award up
                      Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

Just for Danman, anyone but hart :)

Comment

this thread is as good a place as any... what happened to wolfe this season? i haven't heard about him since week 6 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                            this thread is as good a place as any... what happened to wolfe this season? i haven't heard about him since week 6 or so.
                            He had 4 games in a row of under 100 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              He had 4 games in a row of under 100 yards.
                              One of which was against temple

Comment

But thanks to how hot he started off the season, and how well he did in the last two games, he still managed to finish with 1900 yards flat and leads the nation pretty comfortably.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information