Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic Darren McFadden

Darren McFadden

I've been able to watch the guy a lot this and last year playing sec teams and i'm very impressed with his talent. From what i've heard watching his games he runs a sub 4.4 and can both run and catch the ball. The only problem i can see from him is he may be a little tall. What I want to know as a prospect where would he be if he could come out this year and where he is projected for when he comes out next year.

• MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    replied
    Originally posted by Javzz
    Originally posted by Gribble
    McFadden avoids contact, AD doesn't. Biggest difference between the two.
    McFadden definately doesn't avoid contact.
    Well, in comparison it could be said he does. A better way of saying it is he takes it if he has to, whereas AD just goes and gets it.

Leave a comment:

• Javzz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gribble
    McFadden definately doesn't avoid contact.

Leave a comment:

• Gribble
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Legend234
    replied
    McFadden is a bit more fluid but Peterson is stronger. McFadden has nowhere near the open field moves of Reggie Bush though. I have never seen him shake anyone. I'll give the edge to McFadden because he is younger, gets hurt less, better pad level when re runs and does it against the better conferance. He will be a top 3 pick probably. They are both amazing though.

Leave a comment:

• TH3
    replied
    Peterson's balance is rediculous and I question that McFadden is faster

Leave a comment:

• bernbabybern820
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
    I've watched highlight videos of both. Peterson's is more impressive. DMc showed good speed and everything, but I saw him get tackled by alot of DBs in the video, whereas in AD's I didn't see that. Anyway, here are the videos i watched.

Adrian Peterson

Run DMc

Obviously you can't fully judge a player by highlight videos, but I think Peterson is more powerful and explosive, as I'm sure most people do. I also think Peterson is just as fast, once he's behind you it's over. He also runs "meaner" as McFadden sometimes moves around guys, Peterson attacks them. I think McFadden could be the second best RB in all of college football, but AP is the best player period.
    it actually looks like mcfadden has a better burst.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by ghettosermon
    I've watched highlight videos of both. Peterson's is more impressive. DMc showed good speed and everything, but I saw him get tackled by alot of DBs in the video, whereas in AD's I didn't see that. Anyway, here are the videos i watched.

Adrian Peterson

Run DMc

Obviously you can't fully judge a player by highlight videos, but I think Peterson is more powerful and explosive, as I'm sure most people do. I also think Peterson is just as fast, once he's behind you it's over. He also runs "meaner" as McFadden sometimes moves around guys, Peterson attacks them. I think McFadden could be the second best RB in all of college football, but AP is the best player period.
    You can't fault a guy for wanting to run around a defender and pick up extra yards rather than try to truck them over, it also helps preserve them a longer career. One thing I an say about McFadden is that he is one of the best stiff armers I have seen in a while.

Yeah McFadden's a real good stiff armer, but so is Adrian.

Leave a comment:

• Space Ghost
    replied
    I noticed that Fred Bennett of South Carolina is the fastest guy in either of those.

Leave a comment:

• SeanTaylorRIP
    replied

Adrian Peterson

Run DMc

You can't fault a guy for wanting to run around a defender and pick up extra yards rather than try to truck them over, it also helps preserve them a longer career. One thing I an say about McFadden is that he is one of the best stiff armers I have seen in a while.

Leave a comment:

replied

Adrian Peterson

Run DMc

Leave a comment:

• Space Ghost
    replied
    Originally posted by thetedginnshow
    It's sad when you're the best QB and RB on your team.
    For the team...

Leave a comment:

• thetedginnshow
    replied
    It's sad when you're the best QB and RB on your team.

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    Originally posted by 4pAc
    Originally posted by draftguru151
    I've never seen someone run with as much power as Peterson. His explosion is un-human. McFadden is amazing and the best sophmore in the country, but Peterson is the best player in the country period. McFadden has great explosion and great speed, and Peterson's is just as good. Not taking anything away from McFadden, he is amazing, but Peterson is just the best.
    What about the guy in your sig?
    McFadden will be the best player in the country next year but I agree that Peterson is stronger
    As a college player Peterson is better.

Leave a comment:

• Space Ghost
    replied
    McFadden is my favorite back in the nation, NFL included, but AP is better, Right now. AP runs so hard and he is probably a better blocker. McFadden will likely be drafted in the top10 nexy year if not top5 depending on team needs. He will be my number 1 ranked player eligible for the draft next year if CJ and AP declare.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information