Who is the better freshman RB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FutureScout
    started a topic Who is the better freshman RB?

Who is the better freshman RB?

There are three great RB's this year that are making people excited about the potential of all three. They all have a different style of game, but based on what you have seen who do you think is the best? Im very tired right and and very happy about the game today from A&M whooping tu so excuse my poor thoughts on the 3 great RB's.

Michael Goodson, RB, Texas A&M:
    777 yrds rushing, 6.9 ypc, 4 tds (keep in mind that A&M uses J-Train who has 19 tds rushing) , 100 yrds receiving

Easily the best all around back in the country as a freshman. Could be the next Reggie Bush. Has to share time with 2nd leading scorer for TD's, Jorvorskie Lane. Has blazing speed, and has a nose for big plays at any given moment.

CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson:
    759 yrds rushing, 6.7 ypc, 8 tds, 193 yrds receiving

My pick of best PURE RB in the country as a Freshman. Endless potential. Has to share time with James Davis who of course is one of the best in college, but still makes up for the carries he gets. Is an excellent runner and has good burst of speed.

Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State:
    567 yrds rushing, 5.6 ypc, 7 tds, 16 yrds receiving

Great young power back who has potential to be one of the greats. Shares time with Antonio Pittman. Is under the radar because of the soon to be Heisman winner Troy Smith and the speedster Teddy Ginn Jr. Shows great movement with his feet for such a big RB. When all is said and done, Wells could easily be a man among the two other's listed.

• JeffSamardzijaIRISH
    replied
    Best freshman RB is Emmanuel Moody, not far behind is Stafon Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• steelcrew43
    replied
    wells(homer)

Leave a comment:

• Pokeys
    replied
    I like Goodson but both Wells and Spiller are much better than him. Gimme Spiller though I love his rushing style.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    In the michigan-ohio state game, Wells looked scary good to me, I was really impressed

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    Originally posted by BerninWI
    Chris "Beanie" Wells. He seems moreso the type of back who you could get consistent yards with, and dominate with the rush game. In addition to occasionally breaking off the big one. He has a tremendous combo platter of speed and power. The runs that I've seen from Wells were individually more impressive. It just wasn't all blocking. When I've seen Spiller, he's taken advantage of holes with his speed, but the holes have been huge. I could have run for a hundred against Georgia Tech with the holes that the O-Line were creating, and in some other games as well.
    While I agree that Wells is more the type of back that will get consistent yards, what Spiller did was crazy. He wasn't always running through holes with no one here. He made his fair share of people look like fools.

Leave a comment:

• BerninWI
    replied
    Chris "Beanie" Wells. He seems moreso the type of back who you could get consistent yards with, and dominate with the rush game. In addition to occasionally breaking off the big one. He has a tremendous combo platter of speed and power. The runs that I've seen from Wells were individually more impressive. It just wasn't all blocking. When I've seen Spiller, he's taken advantage of holes with his speed, but the holes have been huge. I could have run for a hundred against Georgia Tech with the holes that the O-Line were creating, and in some other games as well.

Leave a comment:

• smittyjs
    replied
    Originally posted by elway777
    Sophmore
    :?

Leave a comment:

• elway777
    replied
    Sophmore

Leave a comment:

• HawkeyeFan
    replied
    CJ Spiller.

Just curious though, isn't Jonathan Stewart a Freshman?

Leave a comment:

• TH3
    replied
    Demarco Murray

Leave a comment:

• dRaFtDoRk
    replied
    As much as I hate doing it, I voted for Spiller, he's just too much for a lot of ACC teams. Chris Wells is barely behind him though.

Leave a comment:

• TheMikey10
    replied
    i say spiller

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    FS, The big 12 is the worst BCS conference...

Leave a comment:

• elway777
    replied
    Originally posted by FutureScout
    Moody- plays against Pac10. Very hard conference :roll:
    Spiller- plays in ACC, not great this year but still a lot better on defense
    Goodson- Big 12, and tears it up there. alot better than pac 10

All in all, Moody plays against terrible comp. while Spiller and Goodson play hard comp.

Put Spiller or Goodson at USC and you would see total domination.
    You totally discredit your whole statement by saying the Big 12 is ALOT better than the Pac 10.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information