Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
    he should have went to UW. :(
    Don't worry.. My brother Mason Foster is coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post
      According to Scott Wolf, Mays has said that he ran a 4.28 in the 40 during Spring Workouts.

I don't believe it myself, and you probably won't either. But remember that Mays was a three time State Track Champion in the 100 m in Washington.

If his real time is anywhere near that though, he'll have NFL scouts salivating over him in 2 years.
      Every single prospect says they run under 4.4, but come combine time, it doesnt happen that often. Ted Ginn is 100X faster than Mays and he didnt even run that fast. Noone should argue Mays being faster than Ginn.

Comment

Mays was a stand out at Saftey Postion and really helped out our Secondary. He was a true Freshman last year and he is gonna be better this year. Comparing him to Sean Taylor is a good comparison. He's got his size and speed. He may not hit like him yet, but like I said he's a true Freshman and he will only get better. Scott Ware a few years back wasn't all that big of a hitter, but In his Senior he hit the sh!t out of people. Mays will be a Taylor type and be Drafted in the First Round. We are...SC! Fight On!

Comment

Mays will be a good comparison to Taylor once he plays like him and its not just based on size and speed ok? I don't care if he was a true frosh last year, he hasn't done anything that warrents a comparison to Taylor beyond looking the part. A lot of guys look the part.

Comment

No matter how you cut it Antwaine (sp) Perez would of made a better Safety, had he not gotten hurt, but now he is lost in the middle of no where at I believe Rutgers.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
              Don't worry.. My brother Mason Foster is coming!
              nice. (10 char.)
              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Wow, we sure have cannonized Sean Taylor. As a true freshman Taylor was a nickle/dime back. Mays was the starter. Mays was a 2nd team Sporting News AA as a true freshman. I would say it's more than relevant to compare the two when looking at both at similar points in thier career. Heck, I'd say Mays is a year ahead of Taylor so far in development.

Also, it's really great that Taylor can hit so hard, but I'm pretty sure the point is to get the opponent on the ground. Taylor often times tries for the big hit at the expense of the sure tackle.

Also, I don't believe Mays rana 4.28. I'd believe it more if it was 4.48, which is still pretty fast. BTW Taylor ran a 4.49 at 6'2 230 pounds. Mays is 6'4 225. Oh yeah, and didn't Calvin Johnson, at 6'5 239 pounds, just run a 4.35 40? So perhaps Mays is close to Johnson's speed...
                Last edited by lbmtrojan; 04-26-2007, 07:10 AM.

Comment

i'm so glad arkansas doesn't play SC anymore

Comment

sean taylor can cover and whoever says he cant doesnt watch him play....and just becuz he got beat on a double move by stallworth doesnt mean he cant cover either....i remember champ bailey gettin shook out of his cleats by t.o. that doesnt mean he cant cover does it?

Comment

Originally posted by songofthesword View Post
                      i'm so glad arkansas doesn't play SC anymore
                      Yep we own you in all Sports.

Comment

FSU backed out of the non-conference game this year so we get to trounce idaho. YEAH!

Hitman D

Comment

whenever I saw him play last year he looked no where near that fast. But he was a track star so its pretty believable.
                          Last edited by energizerbunny; 05-17-2007, 07:09 PM.

Comment

everyone knows timed speed and game speed is totally different...so just cuz he ran a 4.2 doesnt mean he plays that fast

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
                              sean taylor can cover and whoever says he cant doesnt watch him play....and just becuz he got beat on a double move by stallworth doesnt mean he cant cover either....i remember champ bailey gettin shook out of his cleats by t.o. that doesnt mean he cant cover does it?
                              no he can't, at least in the NFL he can't.

He is almost as bad as Roy Williams, in terms of coverage ability. Hell Patrick Crayton has burnt Sean Taylor twice in the last 2 years.

ill name a few more

Reggie Brown
                              Dante Stallworth
                              Randy Moss
                              Terry Glenn
                              and i hardly ever watch Redskins games lol

The facts are while he has decent speed, he is not that good of a cover safety.

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
                                Mays can cover
                                Taylor can not

Besides he was a true freshman, and isn't even close to hitting his true potential.
                                Sean Taylor covers the whole field. How dare you insult the Great Sean Taylor by putting his name in the same post as this glorified track star? Hehehe

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information